• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, what are your two strongest letters?

What are your two strongest letters?

• EN - Stimulating, Diffuser, Entrepreneur

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • NP - Prospector, Innovative, Libertarian

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • ET - Objectivist, Commander, Competitor

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • TP - Questioner, Skeptic, Logician

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • NT - Rational, Designer, Engineer

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • EP -Opportunistic, Intrepid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wondered what are the most commonly strong letters among ENTPs.

EN - Stimulating, Diffuser, Entrepreneur?
NP - Prospector, Innovative, Libertarian?
ET - Objectivist, Commander, Competitor?
TP - Questioner, Skeptic, Logician?
NT - Rational, Designer, Engineer?
EP -Opportunistic, Intrepid?

And if you tend to look and behave like the type you share your two srongest letters with, like

-ENTP with strong EN, tend to look and behave like an ENFJ
-ENTP with strong NP, tend to look and behave like an INFP
-ENTP with strong ET, tend to look and behave like an ESTJ
-ENTP with strong TP, tend to look and behave like an ISTP
-ENTP with strong NT, tend to look and behave like an INTJ
-ENTP with strong EP, tend to look and behave like an ESFP

Thank you for your answers. :)

P.S: the words "libertarian" and "objectivist", has to be understood in their original sense, it not related to the eponymous philosophical currents specifically.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
If you're going by pure mbti and not cognitive functions my two strongest letters would be EN.

S

Society

on the keirsey test i come up as every xNxP out there (depending on mood and were i am in life), so my strongest letters would probably be NP.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NP, fer sure*

NPTE, the eccentric lollygagmaster, to be exact*

I'd be suspect of there actually being a TP or ET variety..... how could the T be higher than the N?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am a slave to dom Ne, can change my opinion and drag me away if I grow enthusiastic about things. I always have to carefully control that as much as I can, cause its seen as a weakness in my society. Thats why I had to learn a lot of outer control which would fall under the premises of dom Fe and Te. Ti is like a wallflower, seldom plays a role in my judgement moreso in my job and projects.

I'd give myself the EN variant with a learnt strong control and restraint resulting from german angst. I'd be a far better american, prolly tho would have blown myself up by now :)

S

Society

I call my fellow eNtPs to arms! the ENtps are gaining momentum - we can't let this happen! attack i say! attack them were it hurts!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be suspect of there actually being a TP or ET variety..... how could the T be higher than the N?
Good point. But it's about strength of preference, not function order, even though the two are somewhat related I think. At least that's what the experts say.

I'm technically an introvert, but as I'm really more of an ambivert I think I can answer.
NTPX

Interesting theories, [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]. Pretty accurate I think.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always found the letter R rather dashing.

S

Society

Good point. But it's about strength of preference, not function order, even though the two are somewhat related I think. At least that's what the experts say.

i think the idea here is that you don't break it down to function theory, instead you use broad strokes that define a different set of archetypes, and see were you place yourself within them, how strongly do you belong to each circle.

so for the question of NP vs. TP, it's not your Ne vs Ti but rather, how similar are you to the NP archetype (together with INTP INFP & ENFP) vs. how similar are you to the TP archetype (together with INTP ISTP & ESTP), on the same token that NTs and NFs each form a group without having any particular function dominating either.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think the idea here is that you don't break it down to function theory, instead you use broad strokes that define a different set of archetypes, and see were you place yourself within them, how strongly do you belong to each circle.

so for the question of NP vs. TP, it's not your Ne vs Ti but rather, how similar are you to the NP archetype (together with INTP INFP & ENFP) vs. how similar are you to the TP archetype (together with INTP ISTP & ESTP), on the same token that NTs and NFs each form a group without having any particular function dominating either.
Hm. I guess that's plausible. I don't think in these broad ways because I'm always breaking things down into smaller parts. (Maybe that shows I'm technically an introvert. Do ENTP's do this too? I guess they must, but maybe not as much as INTP's?)

S

Society

Hm. I guess that's plausible. I don't think in these broad ways because I'm always breaking things down into smaller parts.

neither do i - here's my trick:

i read the functions as follows:
TiFe: reflects upon information to explore the outside.
FiTe: super imposes information to express the inside.
SiNe: connects incoming information in one's collection.
NiSe: connecting incoming information within it's flow.

this allows me to split each function in two ways:

temperamental:
T: resolving stress from cognitive dissonance in general.
F: resolving stress from emotional dissonance in particular.
S: reacts to the existing details of the experienced objects.
N: reacts to the relationships between the experienced objects.

cognitive:
Je manifests as an information mapping mechanism, stressed by chaotic stimuli.
Ji manifests as an information navigating mechanism, seeking maximum stimuli.
Pe manifests as information threading, providing the most stimulating images.
Pi manifests as information framing, providing the most cohesive images.

which stems from this:
E functions are processed faster then the rate at which we consciously experience them.
-> demanding that we'll catch up & compensate for the missing nuances by bouncing it off others.
I functions are processed slower then the rate at which we consciously experience them.
-> demanding that we'll wait for the information to unfold and give it the mental space to do so.

this way, i can say that:
someone is "very E" = always running to catch up with the latest processed info.
someone is "very N" = pays a lot of attention to the relationships between objects.
someone is "very T" = very stressed by cognitive dissonance in general.
someone is "very P" = very oriented towards seeking the maximum stimulation.

and still do it in my comfort zone (breaking information down).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
neither do i - here's my trick:

i read the functions as follows:
TiFe: reflects upon information to explore the outside.
FiTe: super imposes information to express the inside.
SiNe: connects incoming information in one's collection.
NiSe: connecting incoming information within it's flow.

this allows me to split each function in two ways:

temperamental:
T: resolving stress from cognitive dissonance in general.
F: resolving stress from emotional dissonance in particular.
S: reacts to the existing details of the experienced objects.
N: reacts to the relationships between the experienced objects.

cognitive:
Je manifests as an information mapping mechanism, stressed by chaotic stimuli.
Ji manifests as an information navigating mechanism, seeking maximum stimuli.
Pe manifests as information threading, providing the most stimulating images.
Pi manifests as information framing, providing the most cohesive images.

which stems from this:
E functions are processed faster then the rate at which we consciously experience them.
-> demanding that we'll catch up & compensate for the missing nuances by bouncing it off others.
I functions are processed slower then the rate at which we consciously experience them.
-> demanding that we'll wait for the information to unfold and give it the mental space to do so.

this way, i can say that:
someone is "very E" = always running to catch up with the latest processed info.
someone is "very N" = pays a lot of attention to the relationships between objects.
someone is "very T" = very stressed by cognitive dissonance in general.
someone is "very P" = very oriented towards seeking the maximum stimulation.

and still do it in my comfort zone (breaking information down).

Ah, awesome! That is like the way I think. Well then, if I'm an ambivert, I can conclude from this I am most strongly NT.

Nice way to think of things.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quite right! And btw, fwiw, I'd just like to point out that this quotation sounds rather NF.
Why am I quoting this amazing article here you might ask? Because fantasies of all kinds can become realities if you believe they can be achieved. We will go where our dreams come true!
How do you as an NT differ from me as an NF?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you as an NT differ from me as an NF?

It's a mystery which has yet to be solved.

I do think about your type now and then. I don't think I particularly seem like more of T than you, it's just that I don't think I can rule out INFJ as a possibility for you. But I may yet. I do think however that you are an Fe-Ti user, though not necessarily in that order.

S

Society

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] - you've suggested in the past that you give credit to the wisdom of the crowd, wouldn't [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] & me both stating you're almost certainly a Ti user count as a crowd? ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure thing buddy, sure thing - both of you shall become yet another factors in the great quest to solve the mystery of my being; with the power of Ti at my command, the group mentality shall be eclipsed from this plane, and hence I won't need the service of my loyal subjects once the construction comes to completion (inferior Fe is after all a weak and pathetic servant of the light)! Ti users like to say, "Screw the rules, I have gold! It holds all promise for my poop."