User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default But I DO have a heart...

...I decided to waste some time I really didn't have to waste today, but I was in an investigative mood, so I took online tests. I scored INTJ on both of them, just barely INTJ but still INTJ, then I went and got an old-fashioned version of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and low and behold if I didn't score INTJ on that one, too, but my Te is Te only by one point. So, I have determined that I am, indeed, a person who is between types. Now, I can't help but wonder if many of us, maybe most of us, are actually between types. It seems that the human personality would be too fluid to actually fit "nicely" into a package. Just some thoughts.

So, what do you all think? Not about my type. I don't care what you think about that. haha....I mean about many people being "between" types.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I think it's totally possible and probably happens often. I think I'm an INTJ with a fair amount of S tendencies. Do I think I'm the intjmeistj sandwich? Maybe. It doesn't matter much, I'm aware of it and that's all I feel is important.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    ...I decided to waste some time I really didn't have to waste today, but I was in an investigative mood, so I took online tests. I scored INTJ on both of them, just barely INTJ but still INTJ, then I went and got an old-fashioned version of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and low and behold if I didn't score INTJ on that one, too, but my Te is Te only by one point. So, I have determined that I am, indeed, a person who is between types. Now, I can't help but wonder if many of us, maybe most of us, are actually between types. It seems that the human personality would be too fluid to actually fit "nicely" into a package. Just some thoughts.

So, what do you all think? Not about my type. I don't care what you think about that. haha....I mean about many people being "between" types.
    I think being truly between types is no more common than manual ambidexterity. It makes more sense that each of us has a definite preference on each of the 4 scales, but that doesn't mean we cannot use the opposite quality. After all, a right-handed person can still use their left hand, just not as skillfully.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I think being truly between types is no more common than manual ambidexterity. It makes more sense that each of us has a definite preference on each of the 4 scales, but that doesn't mean we cannot use the opposite quality. After all, a right-handed person can still use their left hand, just not as skillfully.
    but the opposite for Te(right hand) is Fi(left hand).

ps. MBTI 101: type indicators only show suggestions towards type, they dont determine your type.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

ps. MBTI 101: type indicators only show suggestions towards type, they dont determine your type.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Chances are you are either Te/Fi (INTJ) or Fe/Ti (INFJ) user, so I'd suggest a more in-depth read on the core functions.

Iow, don't trust canned tests.

To answer the questions; yes, I think that's very possible, but I'd envision a person with 4 core functions being so balanced that the order isn't clear; not a person with both Fe and Te, Ne and Se, Si and Ni, etc.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think its the natural and healthy state, where you cant be boxed in a type. All others who think they can be boxed start to live that mbti type image and by that become more and more that person. The more wise way would be thriving to achieve those things you suck at and by that transform into a jack of all trades or at least become sensitive for the things you lack.

The type definitions of mbti are more a way to put things into words about people you have noticed but have issues with explaining to others. they are like many other psychological trait or preference models a way to talk about things which may had no form before. To say tho that you can box all humanity into 16 mbti types is ridicoulus. The 16 types alone are so american that as a middle european I always had problems finding myself in them. If I was to run around here and tell people that I am the inventor type, they'ld put me away in a closed asylum.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks, guys.

Ceecee...I agree.

Just as a side note, in real life, I am ambidextrious...completely.

INTP, those are exactly the lines I was thinking along. And, I suppose I am still in MBTI 101. I'm no expert.

I am not going to weigh in on the ennegram thing except to say I've only played around with it but do not feel I have any knowledge to speak of. I have scored all over the place but predominantly scored 5w4 and 4w5. So, I'm a 5/4 or 4/5 as my five and four scores were too close to call.

Okay, thanks again, folks. I've come to a conclusion...we are sandwiches.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thanks, guys.

Ceecee...I agree.

Just as a side note, in real life, I am ambidextrious...completely.

INTP, those are exactly the lines I was thinking along. And, I suppose I am still in MBTI 101. I'm no expert.

I am not going to weigh in on the ennegram thing except to say I've only played around with it but do not feel I have any knowledge to speak of. I have scored all over the place but predominantly scored 5w4 and 4w5. So, I'm a 5/4 or 4/5 as my five and four scores were too close to call.

Okay, thanks again, folks. I've come to a conclusion...we are sandwiches.
    On a first impression INTJ would fit you better. The way you put your functions into numbers and directly jumped into enneagram displays of personality seems very Te. Let alone the fact that you share unfinished thoughts for more input on your personality and make the topic discussable is kinda Te. A Ti would rather dwell on that him- or herself to then come up with reasons for his type, noone understands but he himself .

The sportive avatar, which shows a knack for fighting sports could be TJ, if you were to interpret that with a lot of fantasy.

And the nerdy humor about sandwiches, at least graves the NT type for you in stone
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

I don't know if there is any relationship between functional preference and handedness, but none is necessary for each dichotomy to operate in a similar manner.

Type doesn't determine anything. It is an indicator (as the name implies) of something that already exists in each person. We should not confuse uncertainty or error in our ability to identify something with ambiguity in the thing itself.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...