• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] But I DO have a heart...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*melts*

Yes.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Aw shucks! Hurry up, get Toto. Let's go see the Wizard! [Hear that RW? Here we come.]

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not saying that you aren't an INTJ, but I don't think you are. INFJ to me actually seems like a great fit for your type.
I share this assessment. The OP's interaction style here would be very atypical for INTJ.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, you don't. You heartless INTJ!
For those unaware of the mythological explanation of this supposed trait:

How God Created INTJsl

...the gods labored day and night to create all the people in the world, and when they got down to the last few individuals, god-god shouted, "Damn! We're out of hearts! Just a few more to go, and we have run out of hearts! What can be done?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I share this assessment. The OP's interaction style here would be very atypical for INTJ.

Oh, it doesn't matter, Coriolis. I just "am that I am" [sorry, after you last post, it seemed so appropriate]. It was funny. Thanks for the link.

W

WhoCares

..I mean about many people being "between" types.

I think that types really only describe the extremes of personalities anyway. Someone who is strongly INTJ or ENFP for example would be a rare example not the norm. How boring would the world be if there really were only 16 variations in personality.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

I think it's important to remember that the typical individual has some use of all the functions, but preference for a few. I'm rather playful and emotive relative to most ENTJs, but that doesn't make me some other type.

I remember reading somewhere that while there's natural intratype variation, all members of a type are going to conform to certain core similarities (there was a word for this core that I'm not remembering right now, unfortunately) or core archetype. Those archetypes are generally the focus of generic type descriptions, and placing you closer to one type's mean or another is the purpose of most tests. I think MBTI types give the mistaken impression of a continuum when the reality is if you look at functions their usage is pretty discreet. Functions give you a way into someone's head and allow you to really parse out where the distinctions are.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks, WhoCares. I have wondered about extremes.

Wind-up Rex,

I think it's important to remember that the typical individual has some use of all the functions, but preference for a few
. This is actually a very good point.

I'm rather playful and emotive relative to most ENTJs, but that doesn't make me some other type.
In real life I only know one guy that I am sure he is an ENTJ. I wish I knew more so I could compare them.

remember reading somewhere that while there's natural intratype variation, all members of a type are going to conform to certain core similarities (there was a word for this core that I'm not remembering right now, unfortunately) or core archetype.

Now that really does make a lot of sense. That takes it much deeper than some generalized list of traits or occupations or possible relationships. To me that makes it applicable to real life. Any "type" may like or dislike anything, but at the 'core' we will have some...some deep rooted 'essence' or 'persona' of who we are or what we deem important.

If I had to describe myself "at the core," I'd say that it's important for me to see what is 'real', not just what is obvious, to look below the surface of ideas, circumstances, structures, organizations, systems, truths, people, life in general...I need to see how each spoke fits into the overall wheel of life and not only that, but I need to understand what the wheel itself is and why it turns in the first place. I desire to see not only the big picture, but how each piece makes up the big picture and how it all fits together. I suppose, that upon coming to understand a truth that is not obvious, then I would be compelled to at least try to share that truth with others because some of them may also be wanting to know and to understand. My core need...is...to understand all that I can understand, not just what I see around me, but also the root cause, and then, as much as possible, to communicate and share that understanding/discovery with others who might also want to know.

Those archetypes are generally the focus of generic type descriptions, and placing you closer to one type's mean or another is the purpose of most tests.

Yes, I agree with that.

I think MBTI types give the mistaken impression of a continuum when the reality is if you look at functions their usage is pretty discreet. Functions give you a way into someone's head and allow you to really parse out where the distinctions are.

This is a great way to break it down. Good explanation.

Your post has got me to thinking about this.

Do you happen to know anything about socionics, btw? I took a test today and came out as an ILI...intuitive, logical, introvert. I haven't had time to research it yet and see what the implications of that are, but I hear a lot of talk about socionics and thought I'd delve into it a wee bit.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm glad my post was of interest to you. I frequently find your posts to be quite insightful, so it's nice to be able to do the same in kind. :)

Do you happen to know anything about socionics, btw? I took a test today and came out as an ILI...intuitive, logical, introvert. I haven't had time to research it yet and see what the implications of that are, but I hear a lot of talk about socionics and thought I'd delve into it a wee bit.

I, umm, am not exactly versed when it comes to socionics. If you're looking for a socionics mavens on this site, I'd direct you towards [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION], [MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION], or [MENTION=9627]Chawie[/MENTION]. They all have a pretty good depth of knowledge on the subject.

Within

Permabanned
33agls7.jpg

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you Wind-up Rex, I will certianly check with those gals!

Within,

That is far too messy and sloppy and not very economical. He has missed the heart area and attacked the guts. That tin man has attacked the wrong area. I'm telling ya, he needs to go for the chest cavity. It makes a bad stink [like a sewer] when you attack the gut area. Instead of an axe, he needs a nice sharp ring dagger, or a short sword.

Also, why would anyone mess up a house like that? [unless, the wallpaper drove them to it].

Do you know how much it will cost to clean that? Too sloppy and haphazard. There are far more subtle, cleaner methods.

S

Society

1. disclaimer: i absolutely hate the whole notion of typing people based on vibes or resonance or vague notions of similarity... with that in mind...

2. from what is probably a way too limited enough of familiarity with you and your writing to make any assestment, you do resonate more of INTJ "flavor" then INFJ, a.k.a. you remind me more of the INTJs i've known then of the INFJs i've known.

for whatever that might be worth.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2. from what is probably a way too limited enough of familiarity with you and your writing to make any assestment, you do resonate more of INTJ "flavor" then INFJ, a.k.a. you remind me more of the INTJs i've known then of the INFJs i've known.
FWIW, I would say just the opposite. As they say, though, it is the journey that is important, not the destination.