MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

*melts*

Yes.

Enneagram
    9w8

Aw shucks! Hurry up, get Toto. Let's go see the Wizard! [Hear that RW? Here we come.]
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I'm not saying that you aren't an INTJ, but I don't think you are. INFJ to me actually seems like a great fit for your type.
    I share this assessment. The OP's interaction style here would be very atypical for INTJ.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    No, you don't. You heartless INTJ!
    For those unaware of the mythological explanation of this supposed trait:

How God Created INTJsl

...the gods labored day and night to create all the people in the world, and when they got down to the last few individuals, god-god shouted, "Damn! We're out of hearts! Just a few more to go, and we have run out of hearts! What can be done?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I share this assessment. The OP's interaction style here would be very atypical for INTJ.
    Oh, it doesn't matter, Coriolis. I just "am that I am" [sorry, after you last post, it seemed so appropriate]. It was funny. Thanks for the link.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    ..I mean about many people being "between" types.
    I think that types really only describe the extremes of personalities anyway. Someone who is strongly INTJ or ENFP for example would be a rare example not the norm. How boring would the world be if there really were only 16 variations in personality.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

@Ene

I think it's important to remember that the typical individual has some use of all the functions, but preference for a few. I'm rather playful and emotive relative to most ENTJs, but that doesn't make me some other type.

I remember reading somewhere that while there's natural intratype variation, all members of a type are going to conform to certain core similarities (there was a word for this core that I'm not remembering right now, unfortunately) or core archetype. Those archetypes are generally the focus of generic type descriptions, and placing you closer to one type's mean or another is the purpose of most tests. I think MBTI types give the mistaken impression of a continuum when the reality is if you look at functions their usage is pretty discreet. Functions give you a way into someone's head and allow you to really parse out where the distinctions are.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks, WhoCares. I have wondered about extremes.

Wind-up Rex,

I think it's important to remember that the typical individual has some use of all the functions, but preference for a few
    . This is actually a very good point.

I'm rather playful and emotive relative to most ENTJs, but that doesn't make me some other type.
    In real life I only know one guy that I am sure he is an ENTJ. I wish I knew more so I could compare them.

remember reading somewhere that while there's natural intratype variation, all members of a type are going to conform to certain core similarities (there was a word for this core that I'm not remembering right now, unfortunately) or core archetype.
    Now that really does make a lot of sense. That takes it much deeper than some generalized list of traits or occupations or possible relationships. To me that makes it applicable to real life. Any "type" may like or dislike anything, but at the 'core' we will have some...some deep rooted 'essence' or 'persona' of who we are or what we deem important.

If I had to describe myself "at the core," I'd say that it's important for me to see what is 'real', not just what is obvious, to look below the surface of ideas, circumstances, structures, organizations, systems, truths, people, life in general...I need to see how each spoke fits into the overall wheel of life and not only that, but I need to understand what the wheel itself is and why it turns in the first place. I desire to see not only the big picture, but how each piece makes up the big picture and how it all fits together. I suppose, that upon coming to understand a truth that is not obvious, then I would be compelled to at least try to share that truth with others because some of them may also be wanting to know and to understand. My core need...is...to understand all that I can understand, not just what I see around me, but also the root cause, and then, as much as possible, to communicate and share that understanding/discovery with others who might also want to know.

Those archetypes are generally the focus of generic type descriptions, and placing you closer to one type's mean or another is the purpose of most tests.
    Yes, I agree with that.

I think MBTI types give the mistaken impression of a continuum when the reality is if you look at functions their usage is pretty discreet. Functions give you a way into someone's head and allow you to really parse out where the distinctions are.
    This is a great way to break it down. Good explanation.

Your post has got me to thinking about this.

Do you happen to know anything about socionics, btw? I took a test today and came out as an ILI...intuitive, logical, introvert. I haven't had time to research it yet and see what the implications of that are, but I hear a lot of talk about socionics and thought I'd delve into it a wee bit.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm glad my post was of interest to you. I frequently find your posts to be quite insightful, so it's nice to be able to do the same in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Do you happen to know anything about socionics, btw? I took a test today and came out as an ILI...intuitive, logical, introvert. I haven't had time to research it yet and see what the implications of that are, but I hear a lot of talk about socionics and thought I'd delve into it a wee bit.
    I, umm, am not exactly versed when it comes to socionics. If you're looking for a socionics mavens on this site, I'd direct you towards @BlackCat, @senza tema, or @Chawie. They all have a pretty good depth of knowledge on the subject.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Banned