• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Stubborn INTP 5 Doesn't wanna get RICH

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Ok so I'm a wannabe rich bastard.

My INTP 5 brother has so much potential, but absolutely no desire to profit off of it. He has a youtube video with over 200,000 hits. He makes art that he wants to sell, but has no one to buy the art. I'm sitting here telling him:

Put a link in your youtube video to your tumblr. Channel your viewers to your blog. Monetize your blog, make your own website. Start making some money.

Him: No. I don't wanna.
Me: but you can make money by sitting around doing absolutely nothing!
Him: I make 1200 bucks a month watching rats run in circles on a table.
Me: but...

wtf is this guy's problem? lmao.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would just make the website anyway and profit from it for yourself DJ - your brother seems too lazy to care.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Offer him a deal where you get a cut of the money for doing the work. If he refuses, increase his percentage. :shrug:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
lmao. I might just steal all his work and start making money off of it, lol. Then when he gets upset I'll hand him the money an control over the website.

Jaguar

My brother and I are very different, but t I never tried to tell him how to live his life. If he did it me, I'd tell him to fuck off.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My brother and I are very different, but t I never tried to tell him how to live his life. If he did it me, I'd tell him to fuck off.

That makes sense. I don't like being told how to live my life either. Maybe I was being too pushy. I tend to do that.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An youtube video with 200,000 views is not gonna make anyone rich. Could be a small start, sure, but keeping a profitable blog or tumblr to capitalize the success of the video can take a lot of work.

Him: I make 1200 bucks a month watching rats run in circles on a table.
Interesting. Is he a scientist? What if he sees more potential in that? I mean, he could find a cure to some disease, make tons of money, and also join History.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
An youtube video with 200,000 views is not gonna make anyone rich. Could be a small start, sure, but keeping a profitable blog or tumblr to capitalize the success of the video can take a lot of work.

Interesting. Is he a scientist? What if he sees more potential in that? I mean, he could find a cure to some disease, make tons of money, and also join History.

Actually he said he sees more potential in his line of work. Yes he is a scientist, a psychologist actually.

E

Epiphany

He sounds pretty self-content. If he's not in a financial bind then I would say that his lack of focus on money is more of a virtue than anything else.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He sounds pretty self-content. If he's not in a financial bind then I would say that his lack of focus on money is more of a virtue than anything else.

i dont really get all the fuzz around money either, because all the things money can buy just start to feel like a norm after you had it for a while, so you need to get better stuff to replace the what has gotten a norm now in order to feel satisfied again or you just start to get hungry. however that satisfaction isnt happiness, even tho most people cant differentiate the two. im not saying that having money isnt fun or necessary for living, but getting few coins for selling art that you have made and are most likely proud of is just stupid, thats just trading happiness to temporary satisfaction and if you also need to work for making that trade, it just doesent make much sense. i would understand if it was about selling prints and not the originals and you could get a living out of it, but if its like few hundred you get from few hours of work, meh, i rather write shit on typoc and watch youtube :D

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Why are you so anxious to make your bro into something he is not? He's happy where he is. Maybe worry about your own stuff?

rav3n

There's nothing wrong with him. He doesn't value money. It's part of the charm of some INTPs.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with what [MENTION=9807]Moniker[/MENTION] [MENTION=16595]tanstaafl28[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10808]andante[/MENTION] said. Some people just aren't very motivated by money. If they are happy that's what should matter. Just leave your brother alone and mind your own business.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

+1

Especially since "becoming rich" is an empty end unto itself. I can't relate.