User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Testing people

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    True. Passing this is a real achievement.

I don't test as in - I'm going to do/say XYZ to set a benchmark for Person A. What I do is observe how they act/react in particular situations with particular circumstances. In the future, if this same situation arises, I will look to see if they react the same or differently. If so, why? This is all going on in my head, I rarely share it unless I think that information would be helpful in some way but usually people get somewhere between irritated and straight up pissed. Until I point out that they are probably doing a very similar thing.
    Much of my testing involves accelerating the "getting to know me" process in people who have potential for a relationship, either romantic or friendly. I tend to be reserved and rather formal when just getting to know someone, out of desire for privacy but also to avoid giving offense or creating unnecessary conflict. If I see a more personal relationship might develop, I will selectively expose them to some of the more difficult aspects of how I interact, to see their response sooner rather than later. I will at the same time probe them for their own perspective in areas important to me. If the response is at all negative, I will revert to my original style and know that a more personal relationship is probably not a good idea.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

If I know someone is testing me, I get really nervous. I'd much rather not know about it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    If I know someone is testing me, I get really nervous. I'd much rather not know about it.
    Not to worry; we don't usually tell, either before or after.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

Correct.

i prefer to do it in your sleep.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

when i see that people are trying to test me, i deliberately start to sabotage their test results(by playing along, but reacting differently than i would if they were being genuine about what ever they do to test) and stop caring what conclusions they make. im pretty sure im not the only one who reacts this way, so maybe think twice before acting ingenuine.

what comes to me, i dont test people, but prefer observing their reactions in non artificial setting
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Fellow INTJs.. Do you ever test the people you get to know?

I have been doing it a bit with people from this forum. No one but one (kinda) has made it.

I even stopped doing it and had one emo (as in emotional all the time about just about everything) guy but he vanished on hes own.. (from facebook)

In general this forum sticks out that way. I got more "friends" from dating pages than in total from here. I guess im not trying or something.

Do you ever test people in any way?
    Testing people for what reason, though?
    I just try to get to know people or what they are thinking at least. I don't need to test them if I just do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

WhoCares

Testing people sounds like a waste of time and energy. You don't need to dig for what is in plain sight. Just give anyone an piece of rope and see how long it takes for them to hang themselves with it. Most people are not a mystery, how they act is always on display and if you just disconnect from the bs they say, and watch how they act you'll know everything necessary.

MBTI
    INTJ

That is very true WhoCares.. But i can`t observe you from here.. Mind you i don`t think im going to be bothered too much with doing it in the future.

I might if im really dedicated to a project or a goal but otherwise not.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Testing people sounds like a waste of time and energy. You don't need to dig for what is in plain sight. Just give anyone an piece of rope and see how long it takes for them to hang themselves with it. Most people are not a mystery, how they act is always on display and if you just disconnect from the bs they say, and watch how they act you'll know everything necessary.
    This is exactly what testing is, at least my versions of it -- giving them that rope, rather than waiting for them to get around to finding it. Of course, sometimes it helps to prepare the rope in advance . . .

MBTI
    INTJ

I tend to read them, not test them. Dont wasting your precious time fellow.
    Age just a number, Maturity is an character.