• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
I think we INFPs can do the same thing as you INTJs do with the sexual obstacles. I talk myself out of it almost every time I have an opportunity. Even when I really want to do it, sometimes I can't make myself unless I'm sure it's morally appropriate. It takes a lot to convince me that it's justified. It seems we are parallel creatures. You need a logical reason, and I need an ethical one to keep it from being meaningless fornication. Either will prevent the action. It's a wonder that either of our types ever gets laid.

Frank

The problem that I see here is that INTJ's intuition is so much stronger than their Thinking.(yet the opposite holds true for the INTP).as our introverted functions tend to pull more weigh... the Ni may just give you way more than your Te can handle..(yet again... the energy of the Te is amplified by INTJ's superior intuition... like INFJ's Fe also is by Ni)

The intj I know seems to have a point when he realizes its time to stop intuiting and get down to business. In fact he seems to not give much credence to his intuitions until he tests them in the world. At least that how it appears.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Here's one for the INTJs out there.

Do people you meet and interact with think you're an introvert, or are they surprized when they find out.

This is actually related to something I've been running over and over in my mind, making myself bonkers the last few days. I am an extreme introvert. Which is not, of course, to say that I'm shy; I'm not shy at all. I have no problem talking to strangers or even doing the old "cold call" if I see a woman I think is attractive out in public. When I entered college I had pretty much no social skills whatsoever, but after making pretty much every social flub in the book I learned the ins and outs of human interaction and I'm fairly confident in my social skills.

The problem is that I just can't maintain it very long at all...

I also have this problem. I am extremely introverted, but co-workers and friends alike see me as one of the most outgoing people they've ever met. I've found that people react better to social people, and being social helps me to accomplish the things I need to accomplish. Its kind of a 'means to an end'. It does take a HUGE amount of effort though, and by the end of a work day I feel like I need to just lay down and stare at the ceiling for about 3 hours.

I found that my 'quirky' sense of humor can come in handy to make people laugh, but I have to be very careful about what I blurt out because I've been known to hurt peoples feelings before without realizing it. All of this interaction can leave me in a kind of 'brain-dead' state where I can do nothing more than stare dumbly at things.

I can be the life of the party when I want to be, but am hugely relieved when there is someone more outgoing around that I can lean on to pick up some of that space. I <3 those people. :wubbie:

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I also have this problem. I am extremely introverted, but co-workers and friends alike see me as one of the most outgoing people they've ever met. I've found that people react better to social people, and being social helps me to accomplish the things I need to accomplish. Its kind of a 'means to an end'. It does take a HUGE amount of effort though, and by the end of a work day I feel like I need to just lay down and stare at the ceiling for about 3 hours.

I found that my 'quirky' sense of humor can come in handy to make people laugh, but I have to be very careful about what I blurt out because I've been known to hurt peoples feelings before without realizing it. All of this interaction can leave me in a kind of 'brain-dead' state where I can do nothing more than stare dumbly at things.

I can be the life of the party when I want to be, but am hugely relieved when there is someone more outgoing around that I can lean on to pick up some of that space. I <3 those people. :wubbie:

This is my social experience as well. There are times when I'm "on" and cant be stopped. Hitting home run after home run. I think the elements get angry because the next day I'm spent. I'm like "well thats my work for the month". Its strange...there seems to be full moon when it happens. I wish I could harness it on command...but ebb and flow doesnt work that way. I think the dam has to be ready to break...maybe others just let smaller amounts out on a daily basis.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ

Aye, ENFP's and ENTP's for life. Somtimes ESFP's can take the cake too.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was chatting online the other night with an INTJ teenager who told me that INTJs were non-sexual. Is this true?

Um. Helms no.

While I DID wait for a long time to engage in sex the first time compared to most teens (I was 18) once I found out how much fun it was my sex-drive went into overdrive. It was the one place where I could stop my brain from thinking and enjoy the Sensing side of me for a change. This was amplified with strong Sensing types. (Sensors make great lovers :blush:)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Question for INTJs,

Do you deliberately hide the fact that you're not certain to appear more confident or is it something you do without thinking about it?

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Question for INTJs,

Do you deliberately hide the fact that you're not certain to appear more confident or is it something you do without thinking about it?

No...we are very aware of what we are unaware of. This is why we dont talk much. I am constantly rifling and comparing information....to the point of mental exhaustion. Trying to capture all vantages before offering up. The confidence stems from the ability to quickly see flaws or holes...consummate damage controllers. We trust ourselves...and for the most part, not too many others.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
No...we are very aware of what we are unaware of. This is why we dont talk much. I am constantly rifling and comparing information....to the point of mental exhaustion. The confidence stems from the ability to quickly see flaws or holes...consummate damage controllers. We trust ourselves...and for the most part, not too many others.
Aha!

[Mental note to call next INTJ a liar when they claim to be certain...]

Ta.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um. Helms no.

While I DID wait for a long time to engage in sex the first time compared to most teens (I was 18) once I found out how much fun it was my sex-drive went into overdrive. It was the one place where I could stop my brain from thinking and enjoy the Sensing side of me for a change. This was amplified with strong Sensing types. (Sensors make great lovers :blush:)

Yeah, a Sensor started me off at 19 and now it just makes being alone that much more frustrating... *sigh*

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Question for INTJs,

I don't really think about it honestly. What others see as 'confident' though, I think equates more to a 'lack of appearing flustered' when under pressure or in a debate. If I can't answer a question directly, I can easily pick out the weak points in their argument and completely redirect the conversation to my 'area of expertise' and avoid the areas that I don't know so much about.

Maybe this ability is what comes across as confident? But... corner me in a conversation where I THOUGHT I knew what I was talking about to find out that I was misinformed or didn't know enough about the topic and you'll see me close up really fast. Confidence = out the window. At that point the conversation usually gets ended with a frustrated shake of my head and a big sigh, directed more at myself than the other person. They might see it as me being frustrated with THEM however... which would seem like I STILL think I know what I'm talking about and that they 'just don't get it'.

Maybe this is subconciously intentional...

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Aha!

Ta.

If they are certain...they usually are. The reduction process has been completed but not set in stone. We always allow for "wiggle room"...and entertain any objective viewpoint as along as it is valid and thought through.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
If I can't answer a question directly, I can easily pick out the weak points in their argument and completely redirect the conversation to my 'area of expertise' and avoid the areas that I don't know so much about.
Ah but do you see the pattern? Denial, projection, avoidance.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Ah but do you see the pattern? Denial, projection, avoidance.

Dont discount that they have the sensibility to not talk out their ass. It is impossible to know everything. People who argue convictions based on limited research get flanked..and their armies destroyed. INTJs work within what they "know"...it is a deliberate methology. Could denial and avoidance be what you are projecting on them.....without fully understanding the specific nature of this approach? We are well versed in the art of avoiding booby traps.:yes: We dont walk through a minefield without looking at the map first...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Aha!

Ta.

We are claiming workable certainty, not absolute certainty. Do not force us into the nitty-gritty. We will drag you along with us, and you will never, ever get out.

ENFP Goddess

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have an INTJ question, and its a serious one. Are all INTJ's deep down actually quite sexually powerful and slightly dark, but it goes unexplored unless a catalyst such as an ENFP or similar type comes along to wake it up?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Dont discount that they have the sensibility to not talk out their ass. It is impossible to know everything. People who argue convictions based on limited research get flanked..and their armies destroyed. INTJs work within what they "know"...it is a deliberate methology. Could denial and avoidance be what you are projecting on them.....without fully understanding the specific nature of this approach? We are well versed in the art of avoiding booby traps.:yes: We dont walk through a minefield without looking at the map first...
Suspicion is kinda ingrained it seems. Ni is my bane and my INTJ mate has great fun some days shooting holes in my carefully constructed concepts.

The pattern thing though is something taught to me as the observable process that people go through when they're stressed. I was just musing upon whether that was a trap that INTJs, typically, were aware of. The reson being is that with my friend he is very apt at applying harsh logic and "nitpicking" Ni-ness to exterior things but he is allowed, somehow, to be illogical, unreasonable and act without cause. It's actually something I notice in many Js... Ps it seems are the other way around.. with notable exceptions.
We are claiming workable certainty, not absolute certainty. Do not force us into the nitty-gritty. We will drag you along with us, and you will never, ever get out.
:D Been down that road. The friend to which I refer would quite often still be at my house in the small hours of the morning arguing over the nitty gritty. All we ever concluded was that we agreed that there was a problem which existed in our subject.. the solution seemed more than we could manage... though I fully expect to have the results at any time in the future... damned INxJs...

;)

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have an INTJ question, and its a serious one. Are all INTJ's deep down actually quite sexually powerful and slightly dark, but it goes unexplored unless a catalyst such as an ENFP or similar type comes along to wake it up?

Yes.

Unexplored? Perhaps. I know I'm picky as hell and don't like going around "seeking" women...but am very aggressive when opened up "right".