• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

G

Ginkgo

Not within the framework I'm discussing.

Keirsey is a behaviorist, and focused on that which is external.

Jung, by contrast, focused on the internal (i.e., consciousness, psychoanalysis, etc.).

Focusing on the external isn't stupid. Not being able to sort it out is.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So what type was Carl Jung? CelebrityTypes.com says INFJ, but it also said Jung identified as ISTP and INTP!

If that man was anything but an INFJ I will eat a hat.

I mean seriously:

Wikipedia said:
Jung saw the human psyche as "by nature religious",[3] and made this religiousness the focus of his explorations.[4] Jung is one of the best known contemporary contributors to dream analysis and symbolization.

Though he was a practicing clinician and considered himself to be a scientist,[5] much of his life's work was spent exploring tangential areas, including Eastern and Western philosophy, alchemy, astrology, and sociology, as well as literature and the arts. His interest in philosophy and the occult led many to view him as a mystic.

[...]

Our main task, he believed, is to discover and fulfill our deep innate potential. Based on his study of Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Gnosticism, Taoism, and other traditions, Jung believed that this journey of transformation, which he called individuation, is at the mystical heart of all religions. It is a journey to meet the self and at the same time to meet the Divine.

Bold is mine, it's like an INFJ keyword search.

I'm quite sure he had some Ti in him but his work is NF to the core. If nothing else is a clue to incredibly strong Ni, many if not most of his global concepts and academic progress are based off of realizations that had to do with his personal experiences.

On the bright side, the fallibility of history ensures that I will never have to eat a hat. :saturned:

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
intjs is it comfortable sleeping on your mattress filled of broken hearts?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ's what is this recurring theme of lavishing attention and disappearing into a black hole?

I note it's not restricted to individuals but also on forums and other suchnesses.

Is it a time you use to retreat, regroup and plan your next attack strategise i wonder... or you just cut off from the world to recharge?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ's what is this recurring theme of lavishing attention and disappearing into a black hole?

I note it's not restricted to individuals but also on forums and other suchnesses.

Is it a time you use to retreat, regroup and plan your next attack strategise i wonder... or you just cut off from the world to recharge?

Perhaps its you. Having blocked comments on your wall does not help. ;)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Do we really lavish attention on people? I know I do it to things -- questions, topics, problems, etc. In any case, withdrawing is done for all the reasons you mention: recharging, researching, planning, reflecting. I will usually notify people I care about that I will be doing this for some period of time, so at least they are not left wondering what happened.

What is annoying to you?
It is easier to list what is not annoying.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do we really lavish attention on people? I know I do it to things -- questions, topics, problems, etc. In any case, withdrawing is done for all the reasons you mention: recharging, researching, planning, reflecting. I will usually notify people I care about that I will be doing this for some period of time, so at least they are not left wondering what happened.

Ah yes, if it's a significant amount of time right? But what if it's just several days...a week? so you talk to someone everyday/post everyday for several days...then withdraw. It's a pattern in itself, prehaps you don't feel it needs explaining on that basis...but i'm curious -what's going on in there?

Oh and lavish? you certainly do.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj

Is this how it is perceived? I personally have no need for contact to maintain the established level of closeness with friends and acquaintances. The amount of attention I give someone is determined primarily by how much I think they want. It's not because I don't want to make time for them.

I don't consider myself out of the picture unless there has been no communication for a year or more. It really depends on the pattern that has been established. I personally have no need to

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
intjs is it comfortable sleeping on your mattress filled of broken hearts?

If it's not, the only solution is to add a few more.

can you still manage to think rationally while extremely horny?

It depends on what you mean by rational/irrational.

By my own use of the term, I would say these are times when I'm under the influence of the inferior, and generally become a bit less "rational".

What Coriolis said.

Ah yes, if it's a significant amount of time right? But what if it's just several days...a week? so you talk to someone everyday/post everyday for several days...then withdraw. It's a pattern in itself, prehaps you don't feel it needs explaining on that basis...but i'm curious -what's going on in there?

Remember that the person (I'm assuming) you're asking this because of is an enneagram six.

That is likely a significant contributor to the behavior you're inquiring about.

Oh and lavish? you certainly do.

Lemon chiffon??

Oh you fancy, huh?

What is annoying to you?

So many things...

Greatest insight you have had and solved?

That the US economy was headed for the worst recession since the Great Depression in about 5 years (in 2004).

That the only truly rational position on the question of God's existence is agnosticism.

A number of highly successful investments.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
can you still manage to think rationally while extremely horny?

It's damn hard. The voice of reason sits in the back of my head and goes "No... No...! NO...! NO!" at me, and sometimes it works.

Most of the time, no.