• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Our kind ain't welcome 'round these parts little lady. We tried, we can't break into the club.

But but but I understand them so well! :( I want to be in the club

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJs, what are your thoughts on having a hobby?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My hobby as a non-INTJ is annoying INTJs, because they are always super logical about everything, and it is funny to get them to lighten up and start being more fun-loving like ESFPs!

See, it worked, I bothered you unnecessarily and made you read nothing of logical value :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My hobby as a non-INTJ is annoying INTJs, because they are always super logical about everything, and it is funny to get them to lighten up and start being more fun-loving like ESFPs!

See, it worked, I bothered you unnecessarily and made you read nothing of logical value :D
Everything has its value Raptorwizard. You've just got to see the interesting things you can learn within it. No worries though Raptor, I haven't fallen annoyed.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I have hobbies, I enjoy them. I have little time or money for them currently, but I will again in time.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an INFP I'd like to ask, why do I like you so much? I admire INTJs so hard.
Threads abound on the forum already which extol the virtues (and vices) of INTJs. Really, only you can answer this question, but if you do, I would be curious to hear what you come up with

A hobby is a great way to learn, to be creative, to broaden your horizons, and to meet people. It can provide a welcome contrast to your "day job" and a way to explore and develop additional dimensions of yourself as an individual. Occasionally hobbies can even bring financial gain.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That should count for something, yes... but the memo stated no dice.

Here, go here and pour your heart out: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/55712-enfps-infps-better-intjs.html

Have fun with that. :coffee:

Eh. That's just Zarathustra making broad, sweeping generalizations about all INTJs again. For cereal, that's the entire thread.
Apparently, that's the type of INTJ that he is... "I am this way, therefore everyone must also be this way too!"

It's an interesting flaw, one that I get the sense that more than a few INTJs likely struggle with. I know I have in the past.

I play video games and workout. I guess those count as hobbies? I'm rather boring.

Mia.

Eh. That's just Zarathustra making broad, sweeping generalizations about all INTJs again. For cereal, that's the entire thread.
Apparently, that's the type of INTJ that he is... "I am this way, therefore everyone must also be this way too!"

It's an interesting flaw, one that I get the sense that more than a few INTJs likely struggle with. I know I have in the past..

Hehe, well I didn't notice anyone except [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] exactly rolling out the red carpet for us, or running to start the resulting "INTJ/INFP Fetishists Thread" man. :D

I play video games and workout. I guess those count as hobbies? I'm rather boring.

Are you kidding me? Those are awesome. :happy2: How are you at Dr. Mario?.... :newwink:

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehe, well I didn't notice anyone except [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] exactly rolling out the red carpet for us, or running to start the resulting "INTJ/INFP Fetishists Thread" man. :D

As a general rule of thumb, I usually stay away from Zarathustra threads because:
a) He talks about really high-concept portions of typology that aren't really practical in day to day life, or, to me, help out with being a better person.
b) He usually ignores the majority of the stuff I post in reply unless he finds it wrong or it meshes with his previous points.
c) His threads attract Kalach. Kalach gives me headaches.

Are you kidding me? Those are awesome. :happy2: How are you at Dr. Mario?.... :newwink:

Many will rage against me for saying this, but I hate Nintendo...

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Threads abound on the forum already which extol the virtues (and vices) of INTJs. Really, only you can answer this question, but if you do, I would be curious to hear what you come up with

My best friend is an INTJ. I enjoy extrapolating what his Ni+Te provides, and sorting it with my Fi. I have a lot of rapport with my particular INTJ and we share a lot of common interests. As for the type as a whole, you're very admirable. You all seem so put-together, and exemplify the traits that I wish I had. Personally I think INTJ and INFP partnerships can be particularly beneficial on each end, with the INFP providing understanding and a competent ear/interactive idea bounce-board.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hehe, well I didn't notice anyone except [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] exactly rolling out the red carpet for us, or running to start the resulting "INTJ/INFP Fetishists Thread" man.
Nothing is stopping you from starting such a thread.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How the hell can I tell if an INTJ is trolling?? (In real life or on the forum.)

Well, it's really just not that simple.

See, from one perspective, you could say that we're always trolling.

But, from another, you could say that we're never trolling.

The truth lies somewhere in between.

And the truth lies in what I said.

You just have to learn to read those multiple perspectives that we're riffing.

We literally play them like an instrument.

You just have to learn to hear it.

♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Suddenly, a wild chess game appears.

Mia.

My best friend is an INTJ. I enjoy extrapolating what his Ni+Te provides, and sorting it with my Fi. I have a lot of rapport with my particular INTJ and we share a lot of common interests. As for the type as a whole, you're very admirable. You all seem so put-together, and exemplify the traits that I wish I had. Personally I think INTJ and INFP partnerships can be particularly beneficial on each end, with the INFP providing understanding and a competent ear/interactive idea bounce-board.

:cheers: