• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

R

Riva

Thank you for taking your time.

I don't have any observations online. IRL as a gross generalization, I find ISTJs tend more to linear thinking. When confronted with a problem or decision opportunity, they look first at past example, while INTJs are more likely to jump right away to something new. In conversations, even on intellectual topics, their focus is more on facts than implication or interpretation, though older ones seem more able to expand on facts. The ones I know are more above-board and transparent than INTJs. You know where you stand with them, and you couldn't ask for a more loyal friend.

Thank you, but the points you gave are generally known and fall under the accepted norm radar.

If my own experience is any indication, it is because we (I) aren't really offended by such comments. They are just words on a forum - big deal. If the mood strikes, we may reply with sarcasm. If there are facts to correct, we may do this if we have time. That said, we do sometimes speak up for each other. I've done so here for Engineer and Zarathustra on occasion (not that they need it), and others have done so for me. INTJs can take care of themselves for the most part.

Well I thought it was because -

'No true INTJ could like another'

Nah, just teasing. Your answer was sufficient. But the answer to the 1st is not, as I mentioned.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, just teasing. Your answer was sufficient. But the answer to the 1st is not, as I mentioned.
Well, that's been my experience of ISTJs. Perhaps others will have observations more off the beaten track. Most of the ISTJs I know are at work, so our interactions are mainly professional. My father and one of my closest friends are ISTJs also. Yes, they too exhibit many of the familiar behaviors, but they are also two of the most responsible and generally honorable people I know, probably how their own tert Fi plays out.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does it mean when an INTJ only sporadically responds to your emails?

What does it mean? I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines, ain't that the way love's supposed to be?

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What does it mean? I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines, ain't that the way love's supposed to be?

Couple options:
A) They're busy and don't have time to reply quickly and/or they forgot to reply.
B) They are unsure of what to say, and want to make sure that they've got a thought-out response.
C) They feel a bit anxious toward you or they consider their relationship with you to be more shallow than you do.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

This is probably why you feel so dirty when they start talking cute.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
How often are INTJ's in touch with their feelings? If you are in touch with your feelings, how often does this conflict with your thoughts and what do you do to reconcile these differences?

Have you experienced difficulty establishing relationships or maintaining relationships for being out of touch with your feelings.. and what is the bottom line on this for you? (ex. find someone similar, not get involved in relations, work on emotional connection, etc)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Couple options:
A) They're busy and don't have time to reply quickly and/or they forgot to reply.
B) They are unsure of what to say, and want to make sure that they've got a thought-out response.
C) They feel a bit anxious toward you or they consider their relationship with you to be more shallow than you do.

In addition to these (and perhaps in conjunction), I would add that perhaps they don't see a strategic benefit to responding.

And this need not be an entirely selfish thing; per #2, they might just feel that they're not sure yet how to create the optimal outcome.

In fact, until the time comes that they feel they know how to create the optimal outcome, they might just feel that the optimal outcome is achieved by not responding to your most recent email.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
How often are INTJ's in touch with their feelings? If you are in touch with your feelings, how often does this conflict with your thoughts and what do you do to reconcile these differences?

Have you experienced difficulty establishing relationships or maintaining relationships for being out of touch with your feelings.. and what is the bottom line on this for you? (ex. find someone similar, not get involved in relations, work on emotional connection, etc)

I'd written a long, deeply thought-out answer to your questions (which were excellent, btw), but my browser crashed and it was lost to the ether.

:dont:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd written a long, deeply thought-out answer to your questions (which were excellent, btw), but my browser crashed and it was lost to the ether.

The ether holds many secrets.

A

Anew Leaf

Dear INTJs:

Where can I find one of you?

<3 Just an innocent NFP.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

True, but a full-length Friday the 13th screenplay I wrote in middle school is also thankfully in the ether. Sometimes the right stuff ends up in purgatory.

Nicodemus

131925-004-FEF4C7FD.jpg

For science!

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i share your pain... huxley you are doomed to have an unanswered question

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear INTJs:

Where can I find one of you?

<3 Just an innocent NFP.
If I'm not at work, I'm usually at home, which by the virtues of GPS/googlemaps errors, cannot easily be found.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sorry that this is a stupid question, but it relates to Si vs. Ni, I think.

How the hell can I tell if an INTJ is trolling?? (In real life or on the forum.)

Part of the reason why I have such a hard time with it, is that there never seems to be the wink-and-smirk tone that NTPs have when they troll -- i.e. letting their troll flag fly, and declaring "So what if I'm trolling? Let's see you try and do something about it! Let the games begin!" Whereas INTJs will be ambiguous, and sometimes very thorough. I've seen INTJs mimic their own behavior were they to be in shadow mode, or an Ni-Fi loop, and I've seen them maintain very subtle tones for pages upon pages on the forum, never losing the mask.

But the thing is... other xNTJs seem to have a very easy time telling when they're trolling. It's like another language.

Teach me that language, please!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm sorry that this is a stupid question, but it relates to Si vs. Ni, I think.

How the hell can I tell if an INTJ is trolling?? (In real life or on the forum.)

Part of the reason why I have such a hard time with it, is that there never seems to be the wink-and-smirk tone that NTPs have when they troll -- i.e. letting their troll flag fly, and declaring "So what if I'm trolling? Let's see you try and do something about it! Let the games begin!" Whereas INTJs will be ambiguous, and sometimes very thorough. I've seen INTJs mimic their own behavior were they to be in shadow mode, or an Ni-Fi loop, and I've seen them maintain very subtle tones for pages upon pages on the forum, never losing the mask.

But the thing is... other xNTJs seem to have a very easy time telling when they're trolling. It's like another language.

Teach me that language, please!

Hmmm...

All I can really tell you is that it's about holding as many possibilities (i.e., perspectives) in one's mind as one can.

Our joy literally comes from playing these multiple possibilities off one another, because, in reality, we probably have a fully array of complex opinions about each one of them, and expressing the entirety of our opinions would be inconvenient, as, to do so would require pages, essays, books even, and so, rather than express them in full, we just play around with them by referring to them rather obliquely, and allowing our dear readers to either figure it out on their own, or not. Those who can, we let into our inner circle. Those who cannot, well...

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm...

All I can really tell you is that it's about holding as many possibilities (i.e., perspectives) in one's mind as one can.

Our joy literally comes from playing these multiple possibilities off one another, because, in reality, we probably have a fully array of complex opinions about each one of them, and expressing the entirety of our opinions would be inconvenient, as, to do so would require pages, essays, books even, and so, rather than express them in full, we just play around with them by referring to them rather obliquely, and allowing our dear readers to either figure it out on their own, or not. Those who can, we let into our inner circle. Those who cannot, well...

Yes, what he said.