Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I like you, Jeffster.

You aren't a moron. You understand things better than I do.

I hope you stick around MBTIc. Your perspectives are often fresh and enjoyable.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thanks Night. I don't usually feel like I understand much of anything, but I just try to add my voice to the mix, and maybe something good comes out of it.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    xNTP

You only live once so you might as well go for it ...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Why are you so intent on convincing me you're right?

Why do you keep looking at me like I'm a moron?

No, wait, don't answer the second one.
    1) Because we think we are. We're right until proven otherwise. This 'convincing' is really us trying to get you to prove us wrong, to test our thoughts against the outside world.

2) We're not looking at you like you're a moron, we're looking at you like you're delicious. I guess it's easy to confuse the two.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a question for you INTJ-holes: (joke)

I understand that you guys are like, really deeply involved with your ideas about things, your constructs if you will, but why when confronted with contradictory, or counter information do you guys stay so, so, well, bull-headedly rigid?!?!?

At times like these you guys seem more uber-fanatical than that of being uber-rational.

This ENFP, me, loves herself some good solid discourse and debate. But arguing with some of you gives this girl, me, a headache, it's as if you JUST WON'T LISTEN, to any information that will or would lead you to have to deconstruct what has/had taken you so long to build.

*sighs*

Tenacious, the whole lot of you.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I have a question for you INTJ-holes: (joke)

I understand that you guys are like, really deeply involved with your ideas about things, your constructs if you will, but why when confronted with contradictory, or counter information do you guys stay so, so, well, bull-headedly rigid?!?!?

At times like these you guys seem more uber-fanatical than that of being uber-rational.

This ENFP, me, loves herself some good solid discourse and debate. But arguing with some of you gives this girl, me, a headache, it's as if you JUST WON'T LISTEN, to any information that will or would lead you to have to deconstruct what has/had taken you so long to build.

*sighs*

Tenacious, the whole lot of you.

That, I believe, is a function of maturity and personal development (as in, some adults are not even mature on that aspect). both INTP's and INTJ's are generally thought to say things like... "Don't tell me I'm wrong when I know I'm right." My mother, whatever her type may be, is one such person. Words will not penetrate her skull if it requires her to change her perspective in any way.

However, the female INTJ that I often talk to is more mature in her ability to have a strong opinion or viewpoint, but also willing to reconstruct her thinking if she sees something new and better. I am also the same way. I have my own opinions on things that I think are right. If some other form of evidence or logic comes that turns the tables on what I think is true, then I will follow the truth. I have no attachment to what I THINK is true/right, or the constructs my mind has formed. I am willing to shape my image of the world according to what I sense to be true through systematic evidence, logic, and intuition. If there is an argument, I always seek the middle ground where beliefs are in common instead of "I am right and you are wrong" because I realize that doesn't yield anything positive if the other party isn't also willing to change their views. Despite that, the INTJ's can still be a stubborn lot .

MBTI
    istp

how are you always right? it like, confuses me man

-clueless surfboarding dude

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

2) We're not looking at you like you're a moron, we're looking at you like you're delicious. I guess it's easy to confuse the two.
    Funny.

This is exactly how I view some INTJs, too.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Since this is the "Ask an INTJ" thread; I'm going to inquire as to why you classify yourself as a "5w8", Night.

As I understand it, the traditional enneagram syntax doesn't allow for such a classification.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Good question.

The 5w8 is typically understood to be an impossible conclusion - the traditional Enneagram formula would have the individual discard the 8 in favor of his tertiary variable (for me, it would transform into a 5w6...).

Conversely, some believe that 8 is a natural extension of the 6; from "Defender" into "Leader", perhaps. The mechanics of this transition are fairly academic (and mostly outside the letter of the initial equation).

Therefore, the choice is one of personal fragrance - I find that 8 is closer to my approximate behavioral routine than 6. As such, it makes less sense to cater to historical routine, if said routine is less descriptive than is useful for me.