Thread: Ask an INTJ

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

A little off topic, but my husband is an INTJ, and I think you guys are the coolest. Great pair for an ENFP in my experience. He's my rock and I'm his sunshine. We do have trouble getting the cleaning and other mundane chores done (hanging a picture, working on a budget, getting an oil change). I love his sharp wit and authentic interests. Two shouts for INTJs!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    A little off topic, but my husband is an INTJ, and I think you guys are the coolest. Great pair for an ENFP in my experience. He's my rock and I'm his sunshine. We do have trouble getting the cleaning and other mundane chores done (hanging a picture, working on a budget, getting an oil change). I love his sharp wit and authentic interests. Two shouts for INTJs!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I love the ENFP in my life. ENFP for the win!

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    As for my question, I believe ive asked this of INTJ's before somewhere, but when it comes to Ni as a function; how does it appear to you?
    ?
    I've explained this before but I cant remember where. Anyway....here goes. Ni is like a background processor that I don't even notice functioning. All this data comes in, I filter then somewhere a little epiphany goes off where I connect the dots and come to a sudden conclusion. It really is like epiphany, effortless and things just suddenly make sense to my internal concept of the world. That's not to say that things make sense to anyone else though. I realise now that I only pay attention to the world in so far as gathering data for my internal world. My Ni is just the engine that sifts and sorts the data until it makes sense.

The older I get the less inclined I am to pay much attention to the outer world, my inner world gets higher priority as time goes by and the outer world gets less interesting as I age too. I do get this 'seen it all before' syndrome about the outer world where my Ni starts shutting stimuli off because I've already processed similar stuff before and am no longer interested in taking that data in. I suppose this is what drives the famous INTJ propensity to form opinions and rarely if ever change them.

The older I get the more I rely on Ni to make sense of it all and to filter the clutter which is the external world. In person I am extremely withdrawn to the point where I don't interact with others unless necessary. Even then I come across as spacey and not really there. I have no interest in proving my rightness to others, explaining anything or even caring about the world outside of my head. I am almost entirely driven by Ni in this respect. It doesn't bother me much that I may be very disconnected from others, the world at large and even misinterpreting everything external in a totally inaccurate way. My internal world is my escape and I go there as often as possible. As long as I can basically function externally the rest doesn't matter.

To put it into visual terms, I am a visual thinker, Ni is like a TV screen turned off that periodically displays a picture for a few seconds then turns off again. When the picture displays I am wholly paying attention to it, taking in every minute detail and committing it to memory. I experience a heightened sense of reality in that moment but once the picture fades I go back into a lower level of awareness generally and do the zombie thing of going through the motions until the next picture shows.

Intjs and self deprecating humor.

Does it exist?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post

Does it exist?
    When they're older, yes.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Does it exist?
    I, for one, have come to see the humor in my dorky, ridiculous, and/or contradictory behavior.

Edit: @PeaceBaby has a point, though. I think younger INTJs tend to take themselves way too seriously. They can be perfectionists, and they try to live up to impossibly high, self-imposed standards, and when they inevitably fall short of them, they take it hard. They have to accept that they're not perfect; that nobody is, and that it's okay. If you can't laugh at yourself, it only makes it easier for others to do it for you.

The more you know ------*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Does it exist?
    Yes.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    When they're older, yes.
    Merging with weaker functions happens with maturity, which in return help one deal with weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks. Happened when getting older?

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I, for one, have come to see the humor in my dorky, ridiculous, and/or contradictory behavior.

Edit: @PeaceBaby has a point, though. I think younger INTJs tend to take themselves way too seriously. They can be perfectionists, and they try to live up to impossibly high, self-imposed standards, and when they inevitably fall short of them, they take it hard. They have to accept that they're not perfect; that nobody is, and that it's okay. If you can't laugh at yourself, it only makes it easier for others to do it for you.

The more you know ------*
    You dorky lady is an exception in you silly sense of humour to other intjs. Which is really cool actually. You and @uumlau brought lightheartedness to the intj gang or definition.

Were you like this when you were younger? Uptight and shit i mean. Failing to take yourself lightly.

Thanks for the details. I didn't know they fall short of things. I have a best pal intj who complains of his shortcomings to me a lot. But he is a also a e6.

U no e6s lyk 2 complain!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Does it exist?
    Yeah, but you gotta catch us talking amongst ourselves, to a trusted friend or lover, or (possibly) an attentive INFP.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.