First 34748283848586 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Interesting.

It's the negative nancy ISTPs that bother me.

I've actually seen that the ISTP personality is associated with negativistic personality disorder.
    This is how I think about that. When I'm around someone who is very debate driven or passionate in their arguments to the degree that some NTs are - that can turn us off. Because it can have elements of pushiness. A natural reaction to that is to shut you down or ourselves down. Take a counter/apathetic approach just to annoy you (you guys get really upset and it can be amusing) or even just because we don't like the way you're going about the topic.

Just saying. We may be @*#%ing with you.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

And what I'm saying is: I find that annoying.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Sorry but I think you have a lot of generalization in this part about feelings and INTJs.
    I say this because there is a huge difference between 50:50 and 90:10 in T/F ratio.
    My point is that one person is 50% F and another is 10% F.

But if you have a deeper insight please share it whit us because I would like to see what are you thinking.
    You've misinterpreted MBTI. There's no such thing as being "90%I T."I It's actually that the test is 90%a certain you're a T. That's an important distinction. Fi is tertiary for all INTJs. That's why we're INTJs and not ENTJs.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    You've misinterpreted MBTI. There's no such thing as being "90%I T."I It's actually that the test is 90%a certain you're a T. That's an important distinction. Fi is tertiary for all INTJs. That's why we're INTJs and not ENTJs.
    Actually, that's not entirely true.

If one INTJ has a well-developed tertiary, and another has a poorly developed developed tertiary, the former will likely show a closer T/F ratio, and the latter will likely show a much more divergent T/F ratio. As such, while a higher T level may tend to show with more certainty that someone is a T, a closer level between T and F may indeed indicate better development of the Feeling function.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I was considering retyping as eNTp, but then an anonymous individual was telling me how something termed "INTJ Omnipotence" was rather amusing!

So folks do any of you have any thoughts on this, like do you think INTJs are arrogant narcissists who believe they know everything (even if they really do!)?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If one INTJ has a well-developed tertiary, and another has a poorly developed developed tertiary, the former will likely show a closer T/F ratio, and the latter will likely show a much more divergent T/F ratio. As such, while a higher T level may tend to show with more certainty that someone is a T, a closer level between T and F may indeed indicate better development of the Feeling function.
    I was told by the person who did our MBTI at work that the score indicated the strength of one's preference for a given function. So, someone with 90% T prefers T much more strongly than someone with 60%T. If they prefer it more, and therefore use it more, the extra use and practice can translate into greater proficiency with the function, but individuals vary and that is not guaranteed.

As for ISTPs, I used to work with one. He was meticulous about following the methods and processes he was trained to use, and that he trusted to work. Often this was just what was needed. It was hard, however, to get him to break away from this and try something new. Sometimes his way was overkill; we were pressed for time, and didn't need that level of precision. Other times, it just didn't work for the experiment at hand. Other coworkers were often put off by his stubborn and argumentative nature, but I never had any trouble cutting through it. I would say - let's just try it rather than speculate. If I'm wrong, we will soon see, and can go back to your way. We often argued about how to do a particular experiment, always very thoroughly, vigorously, but with real respect for each other. As a result, whichever course of action we settled on, we well understood the advantages and pitfalls. He has moved on now, and I miss him, his interesting stories, and his dedication to getting good results.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    What are your thoughts on ISTPs? Have you had experiences working with or dating them?
    They're very useful workhorses.

Riva

Do you have good memories?

Theoretically INTJs should not?

However the three close INTJs I know from RL (all of whom I guessed were INTJs before giving the test and confirming it - though one of them got 50/50 on E Vs I) have remarkable memories.

They don't seem to have the ability to recollect in a sequential manner (like some ISTJs seem to gave) but good memories they do have.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

What do you think of people in TiNi loops who proclaim (falsely ) to be INTJ!?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

And what I'm saying is: I find that annoying.
    You know Zarathustra, I have a little theory that negativity is the seed of development. If we are simply happy with the current flow of events, we don't take action to change the course of the currents. I believe we should always be challenging all incompetence, and from the struggle, the weaknesses should be turned into stregnths. Such is the way of evolution.

So ya, what I described above is pretty much what I'm doing with your statement I quoted.