User Tag List

First 6789101858 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Maybe we need a poll to see how many other people have been stalked by INTJs.
    This is pretty strange to me. I'm an INTJ, but I seem to attract obsessive stalker people of all types to me. Though, I do have one INTJ ex that periodically tries to make contact. He calls it pursuing friendship, I call it stalking.

How do you stay motivated to perform during your studies/job?
    Studies, I guess because I have an important goal to reach. Mastering the knowledge of the coursework, and obtaining a degree where I can use said knowledge in a practical application. Job, I have to eat.

Do you usually know what your next step will be? i.e. are you usually confident in your next move?
    I usually think of a few alternatives in case one option doesn't pan out for whatever reason, but I almost never have to use them because I generally make the right decision, the first time. Yes, I am always confidant in the decisions.

Do you mostly think in terms of sequencing?
    As in a step by step process? That's the easiest way to get things done in an efficient manner.

Are you careful about your hair and do your eyes look sleepy and distant?
    I'm careful with my hair in the sense that I don't want it in my eyes bothering me while I'm trying to accomplish tasks. Most people say I look intense. I seem to have a look of concentration the majority of the time. I think it's going to give me wrinkles in the future. lol

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Dear INTJs,

How do you get your crazy ideas?

Love,
    An ISTJ who has to walk around the park, or stare off into space, to get "inspired"
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    Dear INTJs,

Love,
    An ISTJ who has to walk around the park, or stare off into space, to get "inspired"
    Usually when I'm in an atmosphere of general quiet, but that answers "where" and not so much how.

How? Hmm... by usually thinking about the future, and how to improve it. Or the past, and thinking how I should have done stuff - for use in the future to improve the future.

"The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFJ

Dear INTJs,

Love,
    I'm pretty sure it's the shower. There must be some kind of inspiration-mold growing inside the shower head. It doesn't really explain why it doesn't happen to anyone else in the house, though...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Maybe it's just that INTPs are irresistible to INTJs.

We are pretty amazing, after all--I can easily see any IJ type wanting to pursue us to the ends of the earth.
    I concur. I am most attracted to INTPs. When they analyze an idea, they go so much farther than I ever would. I love to discuss practically any subject with an INTP, as long as I have adequate time to do so. ^.~

MBTI
    lego

They come ephemerally, as a cloud descends momentarily, compelling the marriage of earth and sky . . .

Really, they come from nowhere and everywhere. They are birthed from an unknowable crucible, fueled by every shade of every passing thought.

MBTI
    xNTP

Although some of my ideas are a bit weird, most of them are inspired by the problems I encounter or observe everyday.
    Last edited by JustDave; 06-27-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Pronouns are our friend

MBTI
    nnnn

And also, how do you reconcile your allegiance to an NT type in general with your Intuition being so preponderous over Thinking
    By choosing English literature as my major.

The NTness of INTJs is really only a problem if you take Ti as the rational standard. The term is NT, not T(i), or N(i) for that matter. Regardless, here's something about how I experience Ni and Te and how they may be linked to the rational temperament:

You must realise that although subjective in the sense that Ni is generated from deep within the individual and without the individual consciously processing anything, what is generated tends to be very abstract and general in nature and often goes far, far beyond the individual. In jungian terms what INTJs have access to more easily are the archetypes that populate the collective unconscious. Ni makes connections, but they are emotionally neutral an sich and are immediately contextualised and interpreted in a rational manner. It's not as if we get Ni and then apply Te at our leisure, the outcome of Ni in INTJs can almost always be said to "make sense" in some way or other...Ni seems to string insights together in a fairly logical manner, but I have to do some further thinking (hehe) and evaluating about this...[it would make sense because Ni-Fe gets much less abstract and less general "hunches" thus suggesting that Te isn't just superimposed onto Ni, but influences it in a more fundamental way.] -->this just came from a sudden insight

Basically, I find that my Ni operates on a meta-level and is thoroughly interwoven with thinking (it's not as if INTJs are constitutionally incapable of throwing some Ti into the mix either ) and it's this meta-perspective (including the possibilty to evaluate the way in which we ourselves function) and abstract thinking that makes us NT. Our ability to see the validity of a myriad of perspectives (including the ones that deny the primacy of rationality) makes us more impartial and intellectually flexible than your average Ti dominant even. It may also account for our god complex.

It feels like you overestimate Fi in INTJs and underestimate Te, perhaps because INTPs are so low in F and so high in T themselves.

There seems to have been this wave movement starting out with INTJs as totally cold and analytical thinkers and continuing with INTJs as more intuitive and almost esotheric creatures that get carried away by their fantasies...neither really does us justice.

A question: are there any other INTJs that also feel like they are extremelty sensitive to things such as irony, paradox and contradiction?

*yawn* And now I'm off to bed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post

There seems to have been this wave movement starting out with INTJs as total cold and analytical thinkers to more intuitive and almost esotheric creatures, prophets what do I know, and neither is representative.

A question: are there any other INTJs that also feel like they are extremelty sensitive to things such as irony, paradox and contradiction?
    Immature INTJs perpetuate the mythos described in your first paragraph. As best as I can tell, the rationale lies in subtle - yet psychologically global - existential angst. Usually, post-adolescent social assimilation (via unavoidable interpersonal networking - job; school; etc.) weakens this connective glue.

To your second question concerning dynamic irony; paradox and contradiction, my answer is yes. I notice instances everywhere, but have a hard time externalizing my discoveries into palpable structure for others to appreciate.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why are you so intent on convincing me you're right?

Why do you keep looking at me like I'm a moron?

No, wait, don't answer the second one.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel