First 2363717273747583 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Why is it that (male) INTJ's seem to have greater difficulty typing their (female) ladiez?
    I don't know if that's even true...

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Esp when they seem so certain with typing others. Hmm?
    Nor am I sure that we're always that certain with others.

I can't just automatically type any person I meet; hell, I have trouble typing some people I've known for a long time.

I have to spend enough time with someone post-typology-knowledge, and, even then, some people are tougher than others.

I'm assuming this has to do with your Scottish fellow not being sure whether you're an ESFP or ENFP...

Well, remember: I am not too sure about that, either...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You guys suck.
    Any chance on getting a constructive reply? I am quite interested in hearing your side of the story.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Any chance on getting a constructive reply? I am quite interested in hearing your side of the story.
    Typical stuff: our normal functions are your shadow functions.

Your dominant Ti sounds like the "critical parent" (Beebe's 6th function) to us, as does our Ni to you.

Also, inferior Fe often colors your reasoning without you knowing, and so you guys push Fe imperatives on us as if it's "rational", and, as Fe is our trickster function (Beebe's 7th), we react rather violently against this, because, well, you are wrong, in a sense (in letting your subconscious Fe make you think that the imperative you're pushing is the rational one), and so we feel justified in an objective manner (Te) to go full force (TeSe) with letting our personal position (Fi) take precedence over yours, since you're attempting to do the same thing to us, and we know that you're wrong.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't know if that's even true...
    Actually i think it could be extended to people you know very well. It's almost as if you find it distracting.

Nor am I sure that we're always that certain with others.

I can't just automatically type any person I meet; hell, I have trouble typing some people I've known for a long time.

I have to spend enough time with someone post-typology-knowledge, and, even then, some people are tougher than others.

I'm assuming this has to do with your Scottish fellow not being sure whether you're an ESFP or ENFP...

Well, remember: I am not too sure about that, either...
    Not particularly to do with Jim, though i add the experience to the pot. He seems clearer now. I noted you had the same difficulty with one (poss two?) of your own ex's. I also have noted others do similar, i wonder if the confusion comes through a questioning desire to mentally mould said ladiez to ideal partners...
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Anew Leaf

I know this is the "Ask an INTJ" thread, so this is kinda in reverse, but would you mind expanding on this?
    Clever Subtext: See any post @Nicodemus makes.

I hope that helps!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Clever Subtext: See any post @Nicodemus makes.

I hope that helps!

I was looking more for why you fail at it and the bit about the "Witch King"...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Why do INTJs reign their superior mastermind intellect over us lesser mortals!!??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Why do INTJs reign their superior mastermind intellect over us lesser mortals!!??
    One given would be that I wield the colored font with a much greater eloquence.

Anew Leaf

I was looking more for why you fail at it and the bit about the "Witch King"...

Aww, your disdain pales only to the glorious honeyed tones of Nico.

What I was thinking of with that imagery is that Te wielded by INTJs is very rapier like. It can dart in and do some damage but half the time you aren't even sure where it came from. It's quite delightful in that capacity.

My Te on the other hand is far more clumsy and heavy handed. With this particular INTJ, I know all of his weak points. NiTe can give the user the ability to say a lot with very few words. A perfectly constructed sentence can convey multiple meanings/warnings at the same time. What I have is more of a bulldozer effect of "I shall go for your weakness, but you are going to hear me and my army from 5 miles away."

He has been my friend so I don't want to use his weaknesses against him. And I am not well versed in the art of subtly using them against him in a way that can remind him of this fact without actually saying overt.

He hasn't pushed me far enough for me to respond in that heavy Te fashion quite yet.

I hope this makes sense. I thought of this analogy in more a snapshot picture form and I am not sure if I am verbalizing well enough.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    What good is being superior if you don't use it to your advantage?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.