User Tag List

First 1151596061626371 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

Riva

Thank you for taking your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't have any observations online. IRL as a gross generalization, I find ISTJs tend more to linear thinking. When confronted with a problem or decision opportunity, they look first at past example, while INTJs are more likely to jump right away to something new. In conversations, even on intellectual topics, their focus is more on facts than implication or interpretation, though older ones seem more able to expand on facts. The ones I know are more above-board and transparent than INTJs. You know where you stand with them, and you couldn't ask for a more loyal friend.
    Thank you, but the points you gave are generally known and fall under the accepted norm radar.

If my own experience is any indication, it is because we (I) aren't really offended by such comments. They are just words on a forum - big deal. If the mood strikes, we may reply with sarcasm. If there are facts to correct, we may do this if we have time. That said, we do sometimes speak up for each other. I've done so here for Engineer and Zarathustra on occasion (not that they need it), and others have done so for me. INTJs can take care of themselves for the most part.
    Well I thought it was because -

'No true INTJ could like another'

Nah, just teasing. Your answer was sufficient. But the answer to the 1st is not, as I mentioned.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Nah, just teasing. Your answer was sufficient. But the answer to the 1st is not, as I mentioned.
    Well, that's been my experience of ISTJs. Perhaps others will have observations more off the beaten track. Most of the ISTJs I know are at work, so our interactions are mainly professional. My father and one of my closest friends are ISTJs also. Yes, they too exhibit many of the familiar behaviors, but they are also two of the most responsible and generally honorable people I know, probably how their own tert Fi plays out.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

What does it mean when an INTJ only sporadically responds to your emails?

What does it mean? I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines, ain't that the way love's supposed to be?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

What does it mean? I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines, ain't that the way love's supposed to be?
    Couple options:
    A) They're busy and don't have time to reply quickly and/or they forgot to reply.
    B) They are unsure of what to say, and want to make sure that they've got a thought-out response.
    C) They feel a bit anxious toward you or they consider their relationship with you to be more shallow than you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is probably why you feel so dirty when they start talking cute.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is probably why you feel so dirty when they start talking cute.
    The point is probably moot.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

How often are INTJ's in touch with their feelings? If you are in touch with your feelings, how often does this conflict with your thoughts and what do you do to reconcile these differences?

Have you experienced difficulty establishing relationships or maintaining relationships for being out of touch with your feelings.. and what is the bottom line on this for you? (ex. find someone similar, not get involved in relations, work on emotional connection, etc)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Couple options:
    A) They're busy and don't have time to reply quickly and/or they forgot to reply.
    B) They are unsure of what to say, and want to make sure that they've got a thought-out response.
    C) They feel a bit anxious toward you or they consider their relationship with you to be more shallow than you do.
    In addition to these (and perhaps in conjunction), I would add that perhaps they don't see a strategic benefit to responding.

And this need not be an entirely selfish thing; per #2, they might just feel that they're not sure yet how to create the optimal outcome.

In fact, until the time comes that they feel they know how to create the optimal outcome, they might just feel that the optimal outcome is achieved by not responding to your most recent email.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    How often are INTJ's in touch with their feelings? If you are in touch with your feelings, how often does this conflict with your thoughts and what do you do to reconcile these differences?

Have you experienced difficulty establishing relationships or maintaining relationships for being out of touch with your feelings.. and what is the bottom line on this for you? (ex. find someone similar, not get involved in relations, work on emotional connection, etc)
    I'd written a long, deeply thought-out answer to your questions (which were excellent, btw), but my browser crashed and it was lost to the ether.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'd written a long, deeply thought-out answer to your questions (which were excellent, btw), but my browser crashed and it was lost to the ether.

The ether holds many secrets.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"