User Tag List

First 1050585960616270 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Also, I should specify that the reason why I'm so turned off by that sort of game-playing is that it strikes me as both dishonest and discourteous -- and honesty and courtesy are two of the values that I hold most highly.

So, re-iterating/re-phrasing my question: Do all/most INTJs play those games? If so, how do nice INTJs do it, and are nice INTJs better at seeing their friend's boundaries and avoiding them than the INTJ I'm talking about?
    No. I don't have any idea if this is specifically part of my personality or other INTJ's nor do I care. It is something I'm guessing younger INTJ's do. I find it irritating and childish and if you really want to push my boundaries...go ahead. I don't recommend it though.

You have to make it VERY, crystal clear how you feel to your friend. Don't do the S thing and be polite because that's what you do. And don't answer with - I get upset and you know this blah blah blah. Say shut the fuck up assclown. How many times do you need to be told you are being a fucking douchebag?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You have to make it VERY, crystal clear how you feel to your friend. Don't do the S thing and be polite because that's what you do. And don't answer with - I get upset and you know this blah blah blah. Say shut the fuck up assclown. How many times do you need to be told you are being a fucking douchebag?
    That is what I meant to say as well, in case it was not apparent.

I guess the agreement means it is also the way to go.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Is there a better way I could handle this? Do you understand where I'm coming from? I don't mean to offend and I feel like maybe I'd be ok with this trend of INTJ behavior if I considered it harmless (which it is, usually, right?) -- but it's not harmless with this INTJ because she keeps pushing my buttons for fun but doesn't know me well enough to know when the fuse is lit and when I'm about to blow. And I don't know if I want to let her do that the number of times that it would take her to figure it out.
    Yeah, IDK. I don't do that with people who don't react well. I stop as soon as I get a hint that I should stop, and then I never do it to that same person again. I think we're less annoying than Ps who constantly take the conversation off topic with their little jokes--they're the same games to me, just exercised differently. The endgame is being lighthearted, in my experience.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Riva

Default Ask an INTJ!

I'm not an INTJ. But there are plenty of INTJs (or MBTI enthusiasts) on the forum and hopefully atleast a few of them would be kind enough to take their time to answer questions directed at their much hated glorious type.

So if you have random questions that you don't believe need an entire thread dedicated for, make it known in this thread.

I'm shocked as to why a similar thread doesn't exist. And I have some questions of my own.

Riva

Hmmmm.... I should probably begin?

Why is it 'on the forum' and not 'in the forum'?

Riva

What differences do you IMMEDIATELY see between yourself (INTJ) and an ISTJ in -

(1) Real Life?
    (2) Online?

Riva

I have seldom seen INTJs defending another (INTJ) or defending 'the INTJ personality' against offensive remarks made. Younger INTJs are the only ones who tends to come to the rescue. Why is this?

I could very well imagine why, but I need to know whether I am right or wrong.

Ps -

I hope eventually one of you will start replying.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-ask-intj.html

I think you even posted in this, Riva.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Riva

Thank you Hux!!!

I shall request this thread to be merged .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Reply to questions posted here: Riva's redundant "ask an INTJ" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    What differences do you IMMEDIATELY see between yourself (INTJ) and an ISTJ in -

(1) Real Life?
    (2) Online?
    I don't have any observations online. IRL as a gross generalization, I find ISTJs tend more to linear thinking. When confronted with a problem or decision opportunity, they look first at past example, while INTJs are more likely to jump right away to something new. In conversations, even on intellectual topics, their focus is more on facts than implication or interpretation, though older ones seem more able to expand on facts. The ones I know are more above-board and transparent than INTJs. You know where you stand with them, and you couldn't ask for a more loyal friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I have seldom seen INTJs defending another (INTJ) or defending 'the INTJ personality' against offensive remarks made. Younger INTJs are the only ones who tends to come to the rescue. Why is this?
    If my own experience is any indication, it is because we (I) aren't really offended by such comments. They are just words on a forum - big deal. If the mood strikes, we may reply with sarcasm. If there are facts to correct, we may do this if we have time. That said, we do sometimes speak up for each other. I've done so here for Engineer and Zarathustra on occasion (not that they need it), and others have done so for me. INTJs can take care of themselves for the most part.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...