User Tag List

First 848565758596068 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    How do you think Te is viewed by non-INTJs?
    Or, more to the point, Te-shadow-types: admirable when it solves their problem, vexing when it's the basis for criticism.

MBTI
    ----

hullo darling intjs, i have a few questions for you.

- a lot of you fetishise enfps on this site. don't you realise that enfps are the poor man's entp?
    - where did i put my library book?
    - would you rather be loved or respected?

with thanks
    strawberries

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post

- a lot of you fetishise enfps on this site. don't you realise that enfps are the poor man's entp?
    Yeah, but you guys can make us think to much. Sometimes it's nice to have a break and be unhealthy. Not to diss or anything, I love ENTPs, too.
    Underneath those papers in your closet, not in the nice organized stack where they should be.
    True love is respect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

with thanks
    strawberries
    I don't like most ENTPs and ENFPs. I don't care about your library book. Respect wins over love.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    My question is for INTj's who drink heavily in their free time. I know one particular INTJ who seems to become far more revealing about his feelings when he drinks. He also seems to lose control with inferior extroverted sensing. Its a weird thing to observe because it's so very different from his normal, sober behavior. I am just wondering if it is likely his thoughts and feelings while drinking are BS, or if they are more likely true but he needs alcohol to reveal? Do INTJs use alcohol as an emotional outlet?
    I don't use drinking as an emotional outlet. I find that to be a weakness in a person. A healthy individual needs to be able to effectively communicate and express their emotions. Resorting to alcohol or drugs for that is something I could never do.

That sounds like a problem beyond type. He's probably just unhealthy and resorting to other means to self-medicate for his issues.

ThatGirl

I can answer the drinking question.

Lets see, creepy stuffy Ni, Te?

OR!

Se, with an edge?

Oh how I love those inferior functions. So...tasty, yet so rare.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Yeah, but you guys can make us think to much. Sometimes it's nice to have a break and be unhealthy. Not to diss or anything, I love ENTPs, too.
    Impossible. There is no such thing as thinking too much, just wasting too much time thinking about stupid, pointless things.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    True love is respect.
    Agreed. If there's no respect, the rest doesn't matter.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    nnnn

a lot of you fetishise enfps on this site. don't you realise that enfps are the poor man's entp?
    ...it's the perfect ENTP trap.

I ate your library book.

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    ...it's the perfect ENTP trap.

I ate your library book.
    hot.

[submits]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    My question is for INTj's who drink heavily in their free time. I know one particular INTJ who seems to become far more revealing about his feelings when he drinks. He also seems to lose control with inferior extroverted sensing. Its a weird thing to observe because it's so very different from his normal, sober behavior. I am just wondering if it is likely his thoughts and feelings while drinking are BS, or if they are more likely true but he needs alcohol to reveal? Do INTJs use alcohol as an emotional outlet?
    Alcohol (in my short experience) generally magnifies whatever is going on inside a person. So it's probably a somewhat distorted view of his actual thoughts and feelings. For me it has definitely been known to unlock my "omg I love you you're the best" side, which is usually a slight exaggeration of how I actually feel about someone but it's usually true in spirit.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

What were the main challenges you faced when growing up and making Ni-Te-Fi work for you in the world?

I am in my shadow a lot (INTJ) which is a very immature INTJ. Hope to get the shortcuts for making Ni-Te-Fi work.

EDIT:
    Additional info:

I want to explore my shadow because Ni-Te-Fi is a more successful functional combination except for a performer.

My experience. Does this sound familiar?

What I think is Ni seems very wrong very often, yet I "believe" it's right. I don't know how it works for you. It makes me convinced and doubting myself at the same time.

Te seems to resemble an elephant in a china shop - very clumsy, quick to dismiss others' opinions, kind of blind and unimaginative.

Fi is terrible to me. I can't get it but still trying. Mostly associate it with feelings of selfishness and justifying my behaviors.