First 545535455565765 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

what do you hold against the new old man ?i
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

If given only one word to define yourselves', what would that word be?

Decisive!!!

I would use that word. Would like to know yours.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Decisive!!!

I would use that word. Would like to know yours.
    Because saying "multi-faceted" is a little lame and because of the mood I'm in I'll say "courageous".

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you mean in terms of MBTI functions? I can explain it only as a combination of several functions, which is how I see the functions working in any case.
    Yeah, I did mean in terms of MBTI functions. Doesn't seem to be Te, so would you say it's Ni/Fi?
    I agree that it is better to be correct, even if I didn't come up with the correct answer myself. I prefer, however, that others provide me the information I need to correct my decision, rather than making the decision for me themselves. There may be more than one way to act upon the correction, and there may be factors involved that they do not realize.
    Yeah, this sounds like Ni to me. That makes a lot of sense. Si + Te, for me, tends to mean seeing something wrong and only wanting to use the best possible method of fixing it -- i.e. the best possible method based on what Si has on record in the database. I had always associated that sort of certainty with Te, but I guess it's more Si than anything -- i.e. the certainty is Si and the acting upon the certainty is Te/Fi..?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah, I did mean in terms of MBTI functions. Doesn't seem to be Te, so would you say it's Ni/Fi?

Si + Te, for me, tends to mean seeing something wrong and only wanting to use the best possible method of fixing it -- i.e. the best possible method based on what Si has on record in the database. I had always associated that sort of certainty with Te, but I guess it's more Si than anything -- i.e. the certainty is Si and the acting upon the certainty is Te/Fi..?
    I was originally explaining the desire to contribute to the world around as a combination of functions. Specifically, critical Te sees that something is wrong, or ineffective/inefficient. Ni sees how much better it could be. Te shows how that might be accomplished, using Se data to flesh out the Ni vision. Fi underlies the values present (efficiency, improvement, logic), and motivates the action in the sense of giving the goal personal importance. This is just a rough sketch, and things may work differently for different INTJs, but it is at least one example of how the functions combine this way.

As for correcting/improving what other people are doing, a similar process applies. Usually it is driven by that almost instantaneous combination of Te + Ni. I can almost literally see in the moment the negative consequences unfold, or how much better another course of action would be. Here, Fi can be pivotal in determining whether and how I act upon these realizations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

My question is for INTj's who drink heavily in their free time. I know one particular INTJ who seems to become far more revealing about his feelings when he drinks. He also seems to lose control with inferior extroverted sensing. Its a weird thing to observe because it's so very different from his normal, sober behavior. I am just wondering if it is likely his thoughts and feelings while drinking are BS, or if they are more likely true but he needs alcohol to reveal? Do INTJs use alcohol as an emotional outlet?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Withdrawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    My question is for INTj's who drink heavily in their free time. I know one particular INTJ who seems to become far more revealing about his feelings when he drinks. He also seems to lose control with inferior extroverted sensing. Its a weird thing to observe because it's so very different from his normal, sober behavior. I am just wondering if it is likely his thoughts and feelings while drinking are BS, or if they are more likely true but he needs alcohol to reveal? Do INTJs use alcohol as an emotional outlet?
    Yes, yes we do. It either numbs the feelings we're wanting to get rid of or allows us the fluidity to convey them to others without wondering about potential repercussions. I'm very much still aware of what I say when I'm drunk, and I'll still filter myself if I know that the company would react badly towards the sentiments I'm voicing.
    In all honesty, he's probably being true to what he thinks inside. No better way to get past an INTJ's armor than to get him wasted. Cracks the weak spots and lets you get a glimpse of the guy inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Unless he gets sick before he opens up, as I do. Then everyone is shut out, fast.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ----

why you guys gotta be so cute insufferable cute?