User Tag List

First 242505152535462 Last

Results 511 to 520 of 871

Thread: Ask an INTJ

  1. #511
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Not often.
    I don't know. Maybe a hug or a situation applicable word of wisdom but I really enjoy something that takes the heavy depressing feeling out of it

    Wow I can't believe I said that.
    Do you feel better?
    No not really. Do you have any words of wisdom?
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken".
    Better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Almost never. I'll actually keep it to myself so much that I can hurt the relationship in question by allowing my resentment to sit. It's not a good trait, but it's one that I'll admit I do quite a bit. Most times, if I do voice my fears-- most of which revolve around being either used by a person or left-- the best thing I can hear is "Oh, no. I would never do that." Followed by a list of examples that illustrate that particular point. Refute my anxieties with positive facts and I'll appreciate you very much.

    Hugs are also good, too.
    Thanks!!


    I wasn't sitting beside him when he said that so I couldn't offer any hug. Also, I'm not sure how he would feel about a hug. :P *makes mental note for next time*

    I did offer a few words of wisdom and added that I'm afflicted by the same anxieties and then told him what I usually do. I don't know if all this helped though. I mean those fears are constant in me but I try to not get bogged by them and focus on other things. My other INTP friend does that as well.

    Do you guys "work" like that too?

  2. #512
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Thanks!!


    I wasn't sitting beside him when he said that so I couldn't offer any hug. Also, I'm not sure how he would feel about a hug. :P *makes mental note for next time*

    I did offer a few words of wisdom and added that I'm afflicted by the same anxieties and then told him what I usually do. I don't know if all this helped though. I mean those fears are constant in me but I try to not get bogged by them and focus on other things. My other INTP friend does that as well.

    Do you guys "work" like that too?

    Hmmm...hugs only from close friends/SO's or it gets weird. Is this a co-worker or something? I think what you said was fine though, this would be something I'd like to hear.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  3. #513
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,582

    Default

    One thing I cannot tolerate in this situation (or others, for that matter) is anything that isn't genuine. No empty platitudes, no saying something just to fill the silence, or because you feel you should, or because that's what your other friends expect to hear. If you don't know what to say, or can't understand what I've related, or feel bad and wish there was something you could do: just say so. Be honest, and I will reply in kind.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #514
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Hmmm...hugs only from close friends/SO's or it gets weird. Is this a co-worker or something? I think what you said was fine though, this would be something I'd like to hear.
    I'd say quite close friend given the things we've discussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    One thing I cannot tolerate in this situation (or others, for that matter) is anything that isn't genuine. No empty platitudes, no saying something just to fill the silence, or because you feel you should, or because that's what your other friends expect to hear. If you don't know what to say, or can't understand what I've related, or feel bad and wish there was something you could do: just say so. Be honest, and I will reply in kind.
    I hate it when people do that too so yeah I don't do such things either.

  5. #515
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I'd say quite close friend given the things we've discussed.
    Then by all means, let the hugging commence.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  6. #516
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Then by all means, let the hugging commence.
    Yes I shall smother him.

  7. #517
    Boldly Gone Malice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    739

    Default

    thanks guys This thread is helping me out so much.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

  8. #518
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    Dear INTJs

    When you vent to a person about a problem which you're aware they could never possibly understand or give sound advice on, why do you do this? I find it confusing. Is it to use them as a sounding board to help work this problem out in your own head? Are you looking for sympathy or comfort? :S
    I'm more likely to turn the problem into a hypothetical, then ask someone's opinion of the hypothetical. Then I take their words to heart. I rarely speak directly about my specific concerns, there are reasons for this. If I do, it is probably because I am almost 99% sure you will know how to make sense of it and not ascribe any other motive to my observations, stances, concerns, and plans.

    I always want to figure something out though. I very very rarely vent just to vent. That makes me feel worse than just keeping it to myself and figuring it out, because now everyone is aware of the problem (negative) and yet no progress has been made (negative).

  9. #519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    Dear INTJs

    When you vent to a person about a problem which you're aware they could never possibly understand or give sound advice on, why do you do this? I find it confusing. Is it to use them as a sounding board to help work this problem out in your own head? Are you looking for sympathy or comfort? :S
    I don't know. I can't imagine doing that. First, I always worry about being someone who bitches or whines. I don't like that. Second, if I didn't think the person could help, I don't see myself venting to them.

    I know that's not really the answer you're looking for, but it's another INTJ perspective on venting.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  10. #520
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    How did the ENTJs outclass you all recently on the forum?

    They used to be the crazy ones!

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What the hell is an INTJ?
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. [INTJ] asking for a raise from an intj boss... tips appreciated!
    By lostlanguage in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 07:02 AM
  3. Ask an INTJ, get a terse answer
    By Haphazard in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
  4. Ask an INTJ... get the RIGHT answer
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
  5. [INTJ] Have you ever been stalked by an INTJ / INTJs have you ever stalked someone
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 04:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO