User Tag List

First 31394041424351 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    can you figure out the conductivity of an element using the atomic weight?
    assuming your talking about electrical conductivity.
    I don`t know shit about this but it sounded like a challenge. Looks like you can`t use weight precisely but i guess you could use it for estimates. im guessing temperature plays a role on some materials.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    if so or not, how would you go about finding something like this out?
    Well thats a big one isn`t it.

I also suck at chemistry and stuff but i know the electrons jumps with the speed of light and that there is some time delay before the other electron jumps further (speed of light)
    I also think its related to the amount of electrons in the outer shell of the atoms if its full it will lead better i think. or become a unstable isotope. Just guessing.

Magnetic abilities in steel is related to the structure in the steel so if we look at stainless steel we will also se that it does conducts heat better than ordinary steel.
    We have a pattern now..

Copper leads heat briliantly and so does aluminum. that i know.
    Gold, silver, copper and aluminum does all corrodate poorly or not at all.

By mixing materials and observing their heat conductivity and corrosion rate you could perhaps get some indicators. and blablabla.
    happy with your answer?
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    A lot of you INTJ's say that you respect people who stand up for themselves and who are not doormats. When I stand up to the xxTJ's (Te, Fi) that I know IRL, one of two things seems to happen:

1. It turns into an argument/pissing match.
    2. Sometimes I walk away feeling like I may have been "too" straightforward and triggered some Fi sadness.

If you're very blunt and even critical with someone (Te), what do you expect their response to be to you? It's logical that they would most likely "punch back", right? So, if you come at someone with cold, hard Te, how could that person ideally respond to you? If we cower and walk away, then we're a doormat. If we stand firm and "punch back", then we're argumentative. What's the happy medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    1) I like people who stand up to me, if they do so by providing at least some evidence rather than opinion > ALL.
    2) I also have no difficulty with those who stand up to me on the basis of purely emotional reasons if they state it is for emotional reasons.
    3) If you come with that weak 'well... socially blah blah, technically blah blah, can't quantify blah blah' its all very boring.
    4) Worse if you decide to make the conversation about either one upmanship or your mental gymnastics/masturbation purely to avoid discussing pure logic or evidence.
    INTPness. You should have just stuck with Jim's answer. He told you almost the exact same thing I said but with fewer words (and bullet points! ).
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    INTPness. You should have just stuck with Jim's answer. He told you almost the exact same thing I said but with fewer words (and bullet points! ).
    Yeah, should have gone with 1 thread. Ah well! Double the pleasure, double the fun.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned

LOL @ #3. Thanks for the info.

I have specific scenarios in my head where a Te user would say something very "bold" IRL, either to me or to a 3rd party. And then when myself or the 3rd party punches back with something even "more bold", then the Te user seemed offended or sad when they realized the truth in the other person's statement.

Te user: You're an incompetent idiot.
    Other person: Obviously you're the idiot if you've been stuck doing manual labor your whole life.
    Te user:

Te user: This is the 3rd day in a row you've been 10 minutes late.
    Other person: Yeah, but the job always gets done.
    Te user: Look, don't argue with me or you'll be out of here.
    Other person: *grabs personal belongings* Bye! Good luck on the rest of the project.
    Te user: What did I do that was so bad?

I'm not being critical here, I'm just pointing out situations I've seen where I'm thinking to myself, "What did the Te user expect when they spoke that way to the other person? The other person had no intention whatsoever of engaging in verbal combat, but because Te threw the first stone, and the other person was not "a doormat", it turned into an ugly and unnecessary (maybe hurtful) situation.
    First problem, why would Te users be manual labourers.
    Second problem, as a Te user who makes certain to turn up for late at least 15-30 minutes every day, I don't really understand the point. The only types I have found to be like this are 'ESFJ/ESTJ' micromanagement (eurgh) types.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

First problem, why would Te users be manual labourers.
    I'm not really sure "why". I guess that would be a question better suited for you than me. They could be auto mechanics, they could run a construction business, they could be plumbers, they could be facilities maintenance personnel at universities, they could be petrol station attendants (I have done this, as have you), etc, etc, ad finitum.

Second problem, as a Te user who makes certain to turn up for late at least 15-30 minutes every day, I don't really understand the point. The only types I have found to be like this are 'ESFJ/ESTJ' micromanagement (eurgh) types.
    Yeah, and maybe the N makes a big difference between the S in terms of seeing the consequences that could come out of speaking to someone a certain way - I dunno. LOL @ being late to work on purpose.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned

I'm not really sure "why". I guess that would be a question better suited for you than me. They could be auto mechanics, they could run a construction business, they could be plumbers, they could be facilities maintenance personnel at universities, they could be petrol station attendants (I have done this, as have you), etc, etc, ad finitum.

Yeah, and maybe the N makes a big difference between the S in terms of seeing the consequences that could come out of speaking to someone a certain way - I dunno. LOL @ being late to work on purpose.
    You also make the assumption that these wouldn't be Fe traits... the less said about that the better.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You also make the assumption that these wouldn't be Fe traits... the less said about that the better.
    I make no such assumption. We can have that discussion as well if you'd like. But here, in this thread, my question to Te users still stands.

If you're very blunt and even critical with someone (Te), what do you expect their response to be to you? It's logical that they would most likely "punch back", right? So, if you come at someone with cold, hard Te, how could that person ideally respond to you? If we cower and walk away, then we're a doormat. If we stand firm and "punch back", then we're argumentative. What's the happy medium?
    I expect the other person to either accept my point or refute it without getting personal. If the other person 'punches back', we quickly enter the realm of the personal, where we are no longer talking about objective things (someone being regularly late can be an objective thing as well) but about each other. In the realm of the personal, only arguments ad hominem work and only cruelty wins. Usually that is not intended at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I expect the other person to either accept my point or refute it without getting personal. If the other person 'punches back', we quickly enter the realm of the personal, where we are no longer talking about objective things (someone being regularly late can be an objective thing as well) but about each other. In the realm of the personal, only arguments ad hominem work and only cruelty wins. Usually that is not intended at all.
    I see. In terms of the bolded part, this is where it can *sometimes* (not always) break down for me in communications with Te users. If I accept their point, then all is well. But, if I begin to refute it, it often seems to get hostile - I'll chalk this up as not being anyone's *fault* per se, but just a result of how the 2 of us are communicating (or failing to communicate at that moment). It's as if I've properly refuted it, but they they're angry with me and still not buying into it. I guess it can be (a) they don't believe that I properly refuted it, or (b) as one of the ENTJ's said, maybe when they mull it over, they will realize that I had a point.

It just seems like if I choose the "accept what Te user says" route, then I'm in good standing with them. If I choose the "refute what Te user said route", then I'm opening a HUGE can of worms and arguments and maybe even mutual hostility - which I don't want. Let's face it - a good debate is fun once in a while, but sometimes it turns ugly and can get in the middle of friendships and work relationships, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Banned

It just seems like if I choose the "accept what Te user says" route, then I'm in good standing with them. If I choose the "refute what Te user said route", then I'm opening a HUGE can of worms and arguments and maybe even mutual hostility - which I don't want. Let's face it - a good debate is fun once in a while, but sometimes it turns ugly and can get in the middle of friendships and work relationships, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.
    Have you consider if it is you making it a personal issue?