User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

The reason you jive well with INFPs is because of the Fi-Ti which is a similar 'way' of seeing the ego position while you share an Ne parent so you interface the same way.

By contrast an INFJ/INTJ flip is sharing the same ego but 'interfacing' wrong by trying to talk Fe versus Te. Therefore the thoughts can be similar but what interests us and how we view the world can be very different.
    I disagree with this also. Because INTJ and INFJ view the world in very similar ways through their dominant Ni, this bridges the gap of misunderstanding how and when Fe/Te are applied. In my experience, Fe is a lot more understandable when coming from someone who sees the situation similarly, than people who seem to use Fe out of nowhere.

While not necessarily taking on this perspective as their own, INTJs tend to view and appreciate INFJs different, more person friendly, approach. I don't know any INTJ who would be unhappy with someone reasonably applying Fe in situations where they are inclined to over look it. Nor have I seen INFJs who are completely impervious to Te usage. Even more so, if they share a strong dominant Ni.

Alright, there are two out of many points I disagreed with. Obviously everyone sees things differently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I disagree with this also. Because INTJ and INFJ view the world in very similar ways through their dominant Ni, this bridges the gap of misunderstanding how and when Fe/Te are applied. In my experience, Fe is a lot more understandable when coming from someone who sees the situation similarly, than people who seem to use Fe out of nowhere.

While not necessarily taking on this perspective as their own, INTJs tend to view and appreciate INFJs different, more person friendly, approach. I don't know any INTJ who would be unhappy with someone reasonably applying Fe in situations where they are inclined to over look it. Nor have I seen INFJs who are completely impervious to Te usage. Even more so, if they share a strong dominant Ni.
    Post A) Jim points out he is ILI-Te and therefore meshes well with IEI-Fe INFJs but not so well with IEI-Nis because I need to clearly see what they are using as benchmarks and goalposts.
    Post B) Jim points out that those INFJs/INTJs because of their Ni focus are trapped by falling on alternative parents Te/Fe as a backup instead of using their external judgement to understand reality; as a sub-comment to the above precondition.

TG says: I disagree with what you think because Te/Fe is overridden by strong Ni regardless of the parent function which chokes the ego function even though it is the extroverted judgement mode!

I'll let you reconsider your argument on the basis you may have some refined understanding of what I suggested that bears truth against what I have personally experienced.

ThatGirl

That's not what I said, actually I don't know what you just said. I said if two people are looking at the same thing, and one goes Fe the other Te, that is like fighting back to back and covering all your bases. I haven't seen Fe/Te pissing contests between them because Ni can see the utility of both.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I haven't seen Fe/Te pissing contests between them because Ni can see the utility of both.
    That's a shame because if it was what you said we were actually in agreement, might I add that its called cognitive preference for a reason and that PoLR exists on the inverse tertiary and thus makes the parents generally incompatible if used in certain ways?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

can you figure out the conductivity of an element using the atomic weight? if so or not, how would you go about finding something like this out?

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would like to view INTJs' perspective of ENFP vs. ENTP

Their description seems quite similar to me and I wonder why most posters would say ENTP is a better match for INFJs?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

A lot of you INTJ's say that you respect people who stand up for themselves and who are not doormats. When I stand up to the xxTJ's (Te, Fi) that I know IRL, one of two things seems to happen:

1. It turns into an argument/pissing match.
    2. Sometimes I walk away feeling like I may have been "too" straightforward and triggered some Fi sadness.

If you're very blunt and even critical with someone (Te), what do you expect their response to be to you? It's logical that they would most likely "punch back", right? So, if you come at someone with cold, hard Te, how could that person ideally respond to you? If we cower and walk away, then we're a doormat. If we stand firm and "punch back", then we're argumentative. What's the happy medium?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    A lot of you INTJ's say that you respect people who stand up for themselves and who are not doormats. When I stand up to the xxTJ's (Te, Fi) that I know IRL, one of two things seems to happen:

1. It turns into an argument/pissing match.
    2. Sometimes I walk away feeling like I may have been "too" straightforward and triggered some Fi sadness.

If you're very blunt and even critical with someone (Te), what do you expect their response to be to you? It's logical that they would most likely "punch back", right? So, if you come at someone with cold, hard Te, how could that person ideally respond to you? If we cower and walk away, then we're a doormat. If we stand firm and "punch back", then we're argumentative. What's the happy medium?
    1) I like people who stand up to me, if they do so by providing at least some evidence rather than opinion > ALL.
    2) I also have no difficulty with those who stand up to me on the basis of purely emotional reasons if they state it is for emotional reasons.
    3) If you come with that weak 'well... socially blah blah, technically blah blah, can't quantify blah blah' its all very boring.
    4) Worse if you decide to make the conversation about either one upmanship or your mental gymnastics/masturbation purely to avoid discussing pure logic or evidence.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    1) I like people who stand up to me, if they do so by providing at least some evidence rather than opinion > ALL.
    2) I also have no difficulty with those who stand up to me on the basis of purely emotional reasons if they state it is for emotional reasons.
    3) If you come with that weak 'well... socially blah blah, technically blah blah, can't quantify blah blah' its all very boring.
    4) Worse if you decide to make the conversation about either one upmanship or your mental gymnastics/masturbation purely to avoid discussing pure logic or evidence.
    LOL @ #3. Thanks for the info.

I have specific scenarios in my head where a Te user would say something very "bold" IRL, either to me or to a 3rd party. And then when myself or the 3rd party punches back with something even "more bold", then the Te user seemed offended or sad when they realized the truth in the other person's statement.

Te user: You're an incompetent idiot.
    Other person: Obviously you're the idiot if you've been stuck doing manual labor your whole life.
    Te user:

Te user: This is the 3rd day in a row you've been 10 minutes late.
    Other person: Yeah, but the job always gets done.
    Te user: Look, don't argue with me or you'll be out of here.
    Other person: *grabs personal belongings* Bye! Good luck on the rest of the project.
    Te user: What did I do that was so bad?

I'm not being critical here, I'm just pointing out situations I've seen where I'm thinking to myself, "What did the Te user expect when they spoke that way to the other person? The other person had no intention whatsoever of engaging in verbal combat, but because Te threw the first stone, and the other person was not "a doormat", it turned into an ugly and unnecessary (maybe hurtful) situation.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I would like to view INTJs' perspective of ENFP vs. ENTP
    Im not overly impressed by neither.. ENTPs are so highly focused on looking good and being trendy it becomes annoying. to much talk to little walk.
    But i have respect for ENTPs ability to absorb and get knowledge.

ENFPs i have mixed feelings about. guessing its down to not enough encounters.
    A elderly hippie style teacher i had in computer stuff was super awesome.
    While the more social correct ones has been kinda boring and not having the same vibe.
    The cheif of staff at my workplace is a ENFP. Very touchy feely. took some time to get used to. She basically demanded my attention when i walked by. Even when she was in the middle of a conversation. "hi" and continued conversating.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Their description seems quite similar to me and I wonder why most posters would say ENTP is a better match for INFJs?
    I have only talked to a girl that scored INFJ once, but i would easily separate you from a ENTP in a conversation. ENTP girls is a strange breed.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related