User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    She's ESTJ. I'm guessing she's not overly concerned with the emotions of it.
    Come on, she's a woman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    She's ESTJ. I'm guessing she's not overly concerned with the emotions of it.
    She isn't INTJ.

MBTI
    FREE

I'm wondering if any INTJs can offer some perspective on the major similarities and differences they notice between themselves and their 1-letter-difference brethren: ENTJs, ISTJs, INFJs, INTPs. What do you respect about these types? What do you think they lack? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

P.S. - I'd appreciate a thoughtful and holistic approach; none of that "Well ENTJs are more extraverted" bologna.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm wondering if any INTJs can offer some perspective on the major similarities and differences they notice between themselves and their 1-letter-difference brethren: ENTJs, ISTJs, INFJs, INTPs. What do you respect about these types? What do you think they lack? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

P.S. - I'd appreciate a thoughtful and holistic approach; none of that "Well ENTJs are more extraverted" bologna.
    Define holistic?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

When presented with the option, would an INTJ prefer a gift that's...

1). Useful/Practical - (IE: The missing ____ in their collection, tools, hardware, books, etc.)
    2). Sentimental/Thoughtful - (IE: Something that reminds them of an inside joke between the two of you, tickets to their favourite _____, etc.)
    3). Something totally random
    4). Nothing at all
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    FREE

Dealing with the entirety of a person, rather than focusing so much on individual aspects; think of it as a caution that I don't want a list of trait differences so much as I want a unified analysis. How do the individual differences between the INTJ and XXXX work together to create two very different sorts of people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    When presented with the option, would an INTJ prefer a gift that's...

1). Useful/Practical - (IE: The missing ____ in their collection, tools, hardware, books, etc.)
    2). Sentimental/Thoughtful - (IE: Something that reminds them of an inside joke between the two of you, tickets to their favourite _____, etc.)
    3). Something totally random
    4). Nothing at all
    Might I recommend asking us what we want rather than giving us a sentimental/thoughtful gift which has value to you or a useful/practical gift that we won't appreciate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Dealing with the entirety of a person, rather than focusing so much on individual aspects; think of it as a caution that I don't want a list of trait differences so much as I want a unified analysis. How do the individual differences between the INTJ and XXXX work together to create two very different sorts of people?
    This isn't 'demand an INTJ essay' it is 'ask an INTJ'. I don't do Ne answers.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Might I recommend asking us what we want rather than giving us a sentimental/thoughtful gift which has value to you or a useful/practical gift that we won't appreciate?
    Lol and this is why I ask a forum worth of similar-minded folks
    Question though: If someone asks you/gets you something that you tell them to, doesn't that ruin the surprise and make it less special? Or maybe you guys aren't all that into surprises I have no idea.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    This isn't 'demand an INTJ essay' it is 'ask an INTJ'. I don't do Ne answers.
    What are some major similarities/differences that you see between yourself and your 1-letter-different brethren (ENTJ, ISTJ, INFJ, INTP)?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    Lol and this is why I ask a forum worth of similar-minded folks
    Question though: If someone asks you/gets you something that you tell them to, doesn't that ruin the surprise and make it less special? Or maybe you guys aren't all that into surprises I have no idea.
    If we're unaware that you're getting us a gift and you finding out was in a really subtle way, it would probably make the gift better in my mind.