User Tag List

First 2331323334354383 Last

Results 321 to 330 of 871

Thread: Ask an INTJ

  1. #321
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Maybe we need a poll to see how many other people have been stalked by INTJs.
    Ahaha. Absolutely.

  2. #322
    Senior Member Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    609

    Default

    How often do you question your views?
    Do you challenge all of them?

    Me.. i do it to check if im going in the right direction.

    Might just be a Enneagram type 6 thing?
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

  3. #323
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    How often do you question your views?
    Do you challenge all of them?

    Me.. i do it to check if im going in the right direction.

    Might just be a Enneagram type 6 thing?
    I will usually question my views quite thoroughly before final implementation of a plan or idea. This is a last sanity check to be sure the plan is sound and is not overlooking new information or developments. If implementation happens in stages or over time, I will do this more than once, to accommodate any changes in the situation.

    I will try to question or challenge my views if I find I disagree substantially with someone else. Usually, though, that entails my inviting them to prove me wrong, an invitation people are surprisingly reluctant to accept.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #324
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    I observed to an INTJ whom I've known personally for years, "You're opportunistic about logic. You use logic here as it suits your needs, and you use illogic there as it suits your needs."

    His reply: "That's not illogic, that's IN-logic."

    Any comments from the INTJ side?

    Edit - "IN" does not stand for anything, it's just the word "in."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #325
    Senior Member Thisica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I observed to an INTJ whom I've known personally for years, "You're opportunistic about logic. You use logic here as it suits your needs, and you use illogic there as it suits your needs."

    His reply: "That's not illogic, that's IN-logic."

    Any comments from the INTJ side?

    Edit - "IN" does not stand for anything, it's just the word "in."
    It's called rationalisation. Everyone does this, especially if it involves something that gets us on our nerves, like finding out that we're wrong all along
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

    What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

  6. #326
    Senior Member Thisica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    I think that INTJ's are not cold-hearted meanies,
    but just very uncomfortable with emotions ; perhaps more " vulnerable " than they let on

    what say yee ?
    Yes. I prefer to reason it all out, rather than let it out emotionally. It's a sign that I want to manipulate others, just to feel better...but then, nothing gets solved that way.

    I worry too much about highly abstract matters that I care about, to the extent that they seriously warp my view of reality. I bet it's Fi gone all crazy, fueled by data-poor Ni. That's where the emotional vulnerability comes from, for me.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

    What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

  7. #327
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    I asked earlier in the thread what you believe INTP's tend to do *better* than INTJ's. Now, my question is: What do you INTJ's do significantly better than a lot of the INTP's you've known?

    Hopefully the INTP's won't flood in and attack your answers and defend ourselves against your honesty. I'm just curious about how you INTJ's view your strengths/weakenesses relative to INTP's, as it helps me understand myself better as well as the INTJ's I interact with.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What do you INTJ's do significantly better than a lot of the INTP's you've known?
    Organisation/management and strategic planning.

    INJs are very good at making clear, concise and relevant assumptions and then stating those so they can be understood. INTJs are quite neat at this in technical discussion.

  9. #329
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What do you INTJ's do significantly better than a lot of the INTP's you've known?
    Get to the point.

  10. #330
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Get to the point.
    Haha. Well, let me explain about that. You see, what happens is...
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What the hell is an INTJ?
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. [INTJ] asking for a raise from an intj boss... tips appreciated!
    By lostlanguage in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 07:02 AM
  3. Ask an INTJ, get a terse answer
    By Haphazard in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
  4. Ask an INTJ... get the RIGHT answer
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
  5. [INTJ] Have you ever been stalked by an INTJ / INTJs have you ever stalked someone
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 04:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO