User Tag List

First 2129303132334181 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Not asking - are you ok? over and over.
    Soooo true.. for the most part... I mean... do you actually want to know why im sad? And what do i gain on telling you? do we bond? i can`t say i have experienced that.. yet..
    Also i don`t want to bum out/spread sadness to others..
    Unless they deserve it.

I do feel like talking to someone about stuff sometimes tho but i don`t have anyone to talk to..
    so i don`t.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

How do you guys feel about bureaucracy and red-tape within organizations? Having to e-mail 14 people just to get 1 small thing accomplished, and by the time you get done jumping through all the hoops and getting all the approvals, you've forgotten what it was you were trying to do in the first place. As an INTP, it drives me up a wall. I had this misconception that "J's" (as a general rule) were OK with it because it was "just part of the process", part of the internal structure. Not that anyone would *enjoy* being bogged down by bureaucracy, but I thought INTJ's were sort of OK with that sort of traditional internal structure. But, I'm finding out that they really do hate it. It was surprising to me to have a couple INTJ's tell me, "Let's do this with as little structure as possible. Let's keep it free-flowing. The last thing we want to do is encumber ourselves with more unnecessary rules. There's enough of that around here as it is."

I mean, makes sense to me. I couldn't agree more. Let's throw off the shackles so that we can operate quickly and freely. Is it the N in you that makes you despise this sort of thing?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    How do you guys feel about bureaucracy and red-tape within organizations? Having to e-mail 14 people just to get 1 small thing accomplished, and by the time you get done jumping through all the hoops and getting all the approvals, you've forgotten what it was you were trying to do in the first place. As an INTP, it drives me up a wall. I had this misconception that "J's" (as a general rule) were OK with it because it was "just part of the process", part of the internal structure. Not that anyone would *enjoy* being bogged down by bureaucracy, but I thought INTJ's were sort of OK with that sort of traditional internal structure. But, I'm finding out that they really do hate it. It was surprising to me to have a couple INTJ's tell me, "Let's do this with as little structure as possible. Let's keep it free-flowing. The last thing we want to do is encumber ourselves with more unnecessary rules. There's enough of that around here as it is."

I mean, makes sense to me. I couldn't agree more. Let's throw off the shackles so that we can operate quickly and freely. Is it the N in you that makes you despise this sort of thing?
    We're looking for what works best. Rules or how it's always been done isn't a thought, if that's not working. Bureaucracy and red-tape within organizations certainly can fall into that category. Operating quickly and freely would be much more to my liking but it must have structure of some kind. It can't be willy nilly, that has just as much potential for inefficiency and headaches.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

Having to email 14 people to get some small thing accomlished is woefully inefficient, and INTJs usuall prize efficiency. We are systems people, but the assumption or intent is that it is a logical, efficient system. As Ceecee says, tradition is unimportant. A good system is one that enables people to get things done, instead of acting as an impediment. We are just more likely to want to fix the whole system, rather than operating without one.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I've met a couple of INTPs that wish they were INTJs.
    Interestingly, I've never seen a INTJ wishing he was another mbti type.
    Isn't there a mbti personality type that you envy?
    I'd prefer to be an ENTJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

Quote Originally Posted by sciguy90 View Post
    I'd prefer to be an ENTJ
    So you can have better social skills?

MBTI
    INTJ

Seems like more fun to me. (ENTJ)
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..

Banned

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Epic derailment:

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

What do your daydreams 'look' like, and how often [if at all] do you end up in this state?

For me, this usually happens when I'm bored. And being bored is somewhat easy to be in, especially if I'm in a lecture room
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.