• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why do INTJs love talking about Ni and Fi, but rarely Te?

Te organizes everything into a nice, neat report without questioning the idea, like Ti. There's not much to talk about and it's boring.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do INTJs love talking about Ni and Fi, but rarely Te?

As Nico and ceecee observed, it's more of a tool than an actual "thing" for us.
It'd be akin to, when someone described writing, explaining how the computer works, or how paper is made. It's part of the process, sure, but it's not the key to the process.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te organizes everything into a nice, neat report without questioning the idea, like Ti. There's not much to talk about and it's boring.

Fe works much the same way, but it gets talked about constantly.

How do you think Te is viewed by non-INTJs?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

In INTJs?

I think we can really forget about it, which is dangerous, because it does structure the personality. It's a lot easier to notice Te in other INTJs. IME they will usually also adhere to the idea it's only a tool when you point out underlying Te. Sure, they will take pride in being efficient and (usually) organised, but they'll also emphasise that what they are *really* about is intuition and depth of feeling.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dear INTJs,

why do you generally tend to compare a notion about you with a negative, like 'I am not as bent like banana'.

Why dont you say instead: 'I am straight'

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Dear INTJs,

why do you generally tend to compare a notion about you with a negative, like 'I am not as bent like banana'.

Because the phrase "bent like a banana" is much more amusing.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Dear INTJs,

That would be too easy to say.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thought the prime directive of cowbody mentality was too take the easy way

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Or, more to the point, Te-shadow-types: admirable when it solves their problem, vexing when it's the basis for criticism.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
hullo darling intjs, i have a few questions for you.

- a lot of you fetishise enfps on this site. don't you realise that enfps are the poor man's entp?
- where did i put my library book?
- would you rather be loved or respected?

with thanks
strawberries

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

- a lot of you fetishise enfps on this site. don't you realise that enfps are the poor man's entp?

Yeah, but you guys can make us think to much. Sometimes it's nice to have a break and be unhealthy. Not to diss or anything, I love ENTPs, too.
Underneath those papers in your closet, not in the nice organized stack where they should be.
True love is respect.

bionic

Permabanned

with thanks
strawberries

I don't like most ENTPs and ENFPs. I don't care about your library book. Respect wins over love.

My question is for INTj's who drink heavily in their free time. I know one particular INTJ who seems to become far more revealing about his feelings when he drinks. He also seems to lose control with inferior extroverted sensing. Its a weird thing to observe because it's so very different from his normal, sober behavior. I am just wondering if it is likely his thoughts and feelings while drinking are BS, or if they are more likely true but he needs alcohol to reveal? Do INTJs use alcohol as an emotional outlet?

I don't use drinking as an emotional outlet. I find that to be a weakness in a person. A healthy individual needs to be able to effectively communicate and express their emotions. Resorting to alcohol or drugs for that is something I could never do.

That sounds like a problem beyond type. He's probably just unhealthy and resorting to other means to self-medicate for his issues.

T

ThatGirl

I can answer the drinking question.

Lets see, creepy stuffy Ni, Te?

OR!

Se, with an edge?

Oh how I love those inferior functions. So...tasty, yet so rare.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, but you guys can make us think to much. Sometimes it's nice to have a break and be unhealthy. Not to diss or anything, I love ENTPs, too.
Impossible. There is no such thing as thinking too much, just wasting too much time thinking about stupid, pointless things.

True love is respect.
Agreed. If there's no respect, the rest doesn't matter.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
My question is for INTj's who drink heavily in their free time. I know one particular INTJ who seems to become far more revealing about his feelings when he drinks. He also seems to lose control with inferior extroverted sensing. Its a weird thing to observe because it's so very different from his normal, sober behavior. I am just wondering if it is likely his thoughts and feelings while drinking are BS, or if they are more likely true but he needs alcohol to reveal? Do INTJs use alcohol as an emotional outlet?

Alcohol (in my short experience) generally magnifies whatever is going on inside a person. So it's probably a somewhat distorted view of his actual thoughts and feelings. For me it has definitely been known to unlock my "omg I love you you're the best" side, which is usually a slight exaggeration of how I actually feel about someone but it's usually true in spirit.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What were the main challenges you faced when growing up and making Ni-Te-Fi work for you in the world?

I am in my shadow a lot (INTJ) which is a very immature INTJ. Hope to get the shortcuts for making Ni-Te-Fi work.

EDIT:
Additional info:

I want to explore my shadow because Ni-Te-Fi is a more successful functional combination except for a performer.

My experience. Does this sound familiar?

What I think is Ni seems very wrong very often, yet I "believe" it's right. I don't know how it works for you. It makes me convinced and doubting myself at the same time.

Te seems to resemble an elephant in a china shop - very clumsy, quick to dismiss others' opinions, kind of blind and unimaginative.

Fi is terrible to me. I can't get it but still trying. Mostly associate it with feelings of selfishness and justifying my behaviors.