Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    No...we are very aware of what we are unaware of. This is why we dont talk much. I am constantly rifling and comparing information....to the point of mental exhaustion. The confidence stems from the ability to quickly see flaws or holes...consummate damage controllers. We trust ourselves...and for the most part, not too many others.
    Aha!

[Mental note to call next INTJ a liar when they claim to be certain...]

Ta.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Um. Helms no.

While I DID wait for a long time to engage in sex the first time compared to most teens (I was 18) once I found out how much fun it was my sex-drive went into overdrive. It was the one place where I could stop my brain from thinking and enjoy the Sensing side of me for a change. This was amplified with strong Sensing types. (Sensors make great lovers )
    Yeah, a Sensor started me off at 19 and now it just makes being alone that much more frustrating... *sigh*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Question for INTJs,

Do you deliberately hide the fact that you're not certain to appear more confident or is it something you do without thinking about it?

I don't really think about it honestly. What others see as 'confident' though, I think equates more to a 'lack of appearing flustered' when under pressure or in a debate. If I can't answer a question directly, I can easily pick out the weak points in their argument and completely redirect the conversation to my 'area of expertise' and avoid the areas that I don't know so much about.

Maybe this ability is what comes across as confident? But... corner me in a conversation where I THOUGHT I knew what I was talking about to find out that I was misinformed or didn't know enough about the topic and you'll see me close up really fast. Confidence = out the window. At that point the conversation usually gets ended with a frustrated shake of my head and a big sigh, directed more at myself than the other person. They might see it as me being frustrated with THEM however... which would seem like I STILL think I know what I'm talking about and that they 'just don't get it'.

Maybe this is subconciously intentional...

MBTI
    intj

Aha!

Ta.
    If they are certain...they usually are. The reduction process has been completed but not set in stone. We always allow for "wiggle room"...and entertain any objective viewpoint as along as it is valid and thought through.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    If I can't answer a question directly, I can easily pick out the weak points in their argument and completely redirect the conversation to my 'area of expertise' and avoid the areas that I don't know so much about.
    Ah but do you see the pattern? Denial, projection, avoidance.

MBTI
    intj

Ah but do you see the pattern? Denial, projection, avoidance.
    Dont discount that they have the sensibility to not talk out their ass. It is impossible to know everything. People who argue convictions based on limited research get flanked..and their armies destroyed. INTJs work within what they "know"...it is a deliberate methology. Could denial and avoidance be what you are projecting on them.....without fully understanding the specific nature of this approach? We are well versed in the art of avoiding booby traps. We dont walk through a minefield without looking at the map first...
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    ENFJ

Aha!

Ta.
    We are claiming workable certainty, not absolute certainty. Do not force us into the nitty-gritty. We will drag you along with us, and you will never, ever get out.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

I have an INTJ question, and its a serious one. Are all INTJ's deep down actually quite sexually powerful and slightly dark, but it goes unexplored unless a catalyst such as an ENFP or similar type comes along to wake it up?
    Your personality type is ENFP.
    Extraverted (E) 100% Introverted (I) 0%
    Intuitive (N) 91% Sensing (S) 9%
    Feeling (F) 90% Thinking (T) 10%
    Perceiving (P) 100% Judging (J) 0%

The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make all the same mistakes - only sooner.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Dont discount that they have the sensibility to not talk out their ass. It is impossible to know everything. People who argue convictions based on limited research get flanked..and their armies destroyed. INTJs work within what they "know"...it is a deliberate methology. Could denial and avoidance be what you are projecting on them.....without fully understanding the specific nature of this approach? We are well versed in the art of avoiding booby traps. We dont walk through a minefield without looking at the map first...
    Suspicion is kinda ingrained it seems. Ni is my bane and my INTJ mate has great fun some days shooting holes in my carefully constructed concepts.

The pattern thing though is something taught to me as the observable process that people go through when they're stressed. I was just musing upon whether that was a trap that INTJs, typically, were aware of. The reson being is that with my friend he is very apt at applying harsh logic and "nitpicking" Ni-ness to exterior things but he is allowed, somehow, to be illogical, unreasonable and act without cause. It's actually something I notice in many Js... Ps it seems are the other way around.. with notable exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    We are claiming workable certainty, not absolute certainty. Do not force us into the nitty-gritty. We will drag you along with us, and you will never, ever get out.
    Been down that road. The friend to which I refer would quite often still be at my house in the small hours of the morning arguing over the nitty gritty. All we ever concluded was that we agreed that there was a problem which existed in our subject.. the solution seemed more than we could manage... though I fully expect to have the results at any time in the future... damned INxJs...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ENFP Goddess View Post
    I have an INTJ question, and its a serious one. Are all INTJ's deep down actually quite sexually powerful and slightly dark, but it goes unexplored unless a catalyst such as an ENFP or similar type comes along to wake it up?
    Yes.

Unexplored? Perhaps. I know I'm picky as hell and don't like going around "seeking" women...but am very aggressive when opened up "right".