User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

MBTI
    INFP

I think we INFPs can do the same thing as you INTJs do with the sexual obstacles. I talk myself out of it almost every time I have an opportunity. Even when I really want to do it, sometimes I can't make myself unless I'm sure it's morally appropriate. It takes a lot to convince me that it's justified. It seems we are parallel creatures. You need a logical reason, and I need an ethical one to keep it from being meaningless fornication. Either will prevent the action. It's a wonder that either of our types ever gets laid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    The problem that I see here is that INTJ's intuition is so much stronger than their Thinking.(yet the opposite holds true for the INTP).as our introverted functions tend to pull more weigh... the Ni may just give you way more than your Te can handle..(yet again... the energy of the Te is amplified by INTJ's superior intuition... like INFJ's Fe also is by Ni)
    The intj I know seems to have a point when he realizes its time to stop intuiting and get down to business. In fact he seems to not give much credence to his intuitions until he tests them in the world. At least that how it appears.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Originally Posted by Natrushka
    Here's one for the INTJs out there.

Do people you meet and interact with think you're an introvert, or are they surprized when they find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    This is actually related to something I've been running over and over in my mind, making myself bonkers the last few days. I am an extreme introvert. Which is not, of course, to say that I'm shy; I'm not shy at all. I have no problem talking to strangers or even doing the old "cold call" if I see a woman I think is attractive out in public. When I entered college I had pretty much no social skills whatsoever, but after making pretty much every social flub in the book I learned the ins and outs of human interaction and I'm fairly confident in my social skills.

The problem is that I just can't maintain it very long at all...
    I also have this problem. I am extremely introverted, but co-workers and friends alike see me as one of the most outgoing people they've ever met. I've found that people react better to social people, and being social helps me to accomplish the things I need to accomplish. Its kind of a 'means to an end'. It does take a HUGE amount of effort though, and by the end of a work day I feel like I need to just lay down and stare at the ceiling for about 3 hours.

I found that my 'quirky' sense of humor can come in handy to make people laugh, but I have to be very careful about what I blurt out because I've been known to hurt peoples feelings before without realizing it. All of this interaction can leave me in a kind of 'brain-dead' state where I can do nothing more than stare dumbly at things.

I can be the life of the party when I want to be, but am hugely relieved when there is someone more outgoing around that I can lean on to pick up some of that space. I <3 those people.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I can be the life of the party when I want to be, but am hugely relieved when there is someone more outgoing around that I can lean on to pick up some of that space. I <3 those people.

Same.

MBTI
    intj

I also have this problem. I am extremely introverted, but co-workers and friends alike see me as one of the most outgoing people they've ever met. I've found that people react better to social people, and being social helps me to accomplish the things I need to accomplish. Its kind of a 'means to an end'. It does take a HUGE amount of effort though, and by the end of a work day I feel like I need to just lay down and stare at the ceiling for about 3 hours.

I found that my 'quirky' sense of humor can come in handy to make people laugh, but I have to be very careful about what I blurt out because I've been known to hurt peoples feelings before without realizing it. All of this interaction can leave me in a kind of 'brain-dead' state where I can do nothing more than stare dumbly at things.

This is my social experience as well. There are times when I'm "on" and cant be stopped. Hitting home run after home run. I think the elements get angry because the next day I'm spent. I'm like "well thats my work for the month". Its strange...there seems to be full moon when it happens. I wish I could harness it on command...but ebb and flow doesnt work that way. I think the dam has to be ready to break...maybe others just let smaller amounts out on a daily basis.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by outmywindow View Post
    Why are you so damn weird? And I mean you personally, not "you" as a collective term for all INTJs.
    I think the answer is why is everyone else so weird? I think I'm normal

MBTI
    INTJ

Aye, ENFP's and ENTP's for life. Somtimes ESFP's can take the cake too.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I was chatting online the other night with an INTJ teenager who told me that INTJs were non-sexual. Is this true?
    Um. Helms no.

While I DID wait for a long time to engage in sex the first time compared to most teens (I was 18) once I found out how much fun it was my sex-drive went into overdrive. It was the one place where I could stop my brain from thinking and enjoy the Sensing side of me for a change. This was amplified with strong Sensing types. (Sensors make great lovers )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Question for INTJs,

Do you deliberately hide the fact that you're not certain to appear more confident or is it something you do without thinking about it?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Question for INTJs,

Do you deliberately hide the fact that you're not certain to appear more confident or is it something you do without thinking about it?
    No...we are very aware of what we are unaware of. This is why we dont talk much. I am constantly rifling and comparing information....to the point of mental exhaustion. Trying to capture all vantages before offering up. The confidence stems from the ability to quickly see flaws or holes...consummate damage controllers. We trust ourselves...and for the most part, not too many others.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......