User Tag List

First 513141516172565 Last

Thread: Ask an INTJ

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Dons camo face paint and lets out a shrieking war cry... will fight on!

Psst Hap, we should talk strategy it appears the reputation of female INTJ's everywhere are on the line

MBTI
    ENFJ

Perhaps, Trin.

It's bizarre. From the pattern I've seen, Fe types think we're angry, hostile people and Fi types think we're adorably vulnerable and need to be protected. They all seem to be missing our normal mode of function and instead lunging straight for F -- which is always heavily guarded and protected with our lives.

The other pattern is with introverts and how they show the order of functions. Second function is first (after all, it's the first extroverted one), then the first, then the last (either in an avoidant or compensatory way), and then tertiary, if it ever comes out at all. For ITJs, that'd be Fi, very unapparent feeling. For INTJs this is particularly what makes us seem sociopathic, because unlike ISTJs we don't carry the same sort of allegiances and loyalties, and the ISTJs are just stuck looking like Spock -- good, but boring and absolutely by protocol. I really can't count the number of people who don't know me very well who think I'm going to become a serial killer when I grow up because of this.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=IcePrincess;240844]From the INTJ Forum - It seems INTJs develop friendships slowly, and relationships even slower.

I agree w/ this, but why do INTJs have to be so difficult and complicated? And how do you know when you
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'd say it's time to just have a sit down "what do you see us as" and "where do you see us going" talk. He's thought about it, no doubt. Get on the same page and if your views for what you want from each other long-term are drastically different, dump him.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Dons camo face paint and lets out a shrieking war cry... will fight on!
    The warrior for INTJ XXs! Yay! Your really an amusing person, Trinity.

MBTI
    INFP

I was chatting online the other night with an INTJ teenager who told me that INTJs were non-sexual. Is this true? This INTJ was at the age where most males experience a peak of sexual interest, and he was saying things like "I might as well not have a penis because I have no desire to use it." How much truth is there to the "robot" stereotype? Also, if it does turn out to be true that INTJs are not interested in sex, does that mean that other forms of intimacy are out? Do you get a rush from making eye contact? Do you feel anything when hugged? Where do you draw the line? If you are non-sexual, what are your reasons? Is it boring, impractical, frightening, or something else? Is it a vulnerability issue or is it just something you INTJs don't enjoy as much as normal people for some reason? Was he wrong to speak for all of you?

If you ask me. I am embodiment of the sterotype.

I am 23 and I have never had sex, never been kissed, not even romantically touched.

Also I have never been in love.

When it comes to hugs I don't feel anything special in the moment.

Why am I like this? I live in my head (literally).

Do I have problem with this? No.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I was chatting online the other night with an INTJ teenager who told me that INTJs were non-sexual. Is this true? This INTJ was at the age where most males experience a peak of sexual interest, and he was saying things like "I might as well not have a penis because I have no desire to use it." How much truth is there to the "robot" stereotype? Also, if it does turn out to be true that INTJs are not interested in sex, does that mean that other forms of intimacy are out? Do you get a rush from making eye contact? Do you feel anything when hugged? Where do you draw the line? If you are non-sexual, what are your reasons? Is it boring, impractical, frightening, or something else? Is it a vulnerability issue or is it just something you INTJs don't enjoy as much as normal people for some reason? Was he wrong to speak for all of you?
    Well, there's always the possibility that the person you talked to was simply asexual, and his opinions on sex have nothing to do with his type. That's actually an interesting question though. I have to wonder if there's a corrolation between asexual-ness and type, because it does seem to mould itself well into the INTJ stereotype. Hm.

As for me, I'd say that my interest in sex is definitely less than it is for other people my age. I have no idea what it's like, or even whether or not I'd enjoy it, and figuring that out has never really seemed important to me. It varies a lot for intimacy in general, actually. I've never understood the whole deal behind eye contact, as for me it's just the same as looking anywhere else. For hugs, most of the time I'm not big on them, and as like eye contact I've never fully understood the connection it's supposed to make with other people. I guess part of it is because it's in my natures to observe other people, and while all this is understandable when other people do it, it becomes suddenly odd when I'm the participant. I'm apparently still learning to break out of that fly-on-the-wall perspective.

I'm not actually sure whether or not this relates to my type, but yeah. Perhaps it matches up with the other INTJ you talked to, I don't know.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I was chatting online the other night with an INTJ teenager who told me that INTJs were non-sexual. Is this true?
    No.

This INTJ was at the age where most males experience a peak of sexual interest, and he was saying things like "I might as well not have a penis because I have no desire to use it." How much truth is there to the "robot" stereotype?
    The robot stereotype is a fallacy. Robots are incapable of emotion, INTJs have plenty emotions they just may not show them openly. From what I've seen on forums there are a number of INTJ males who consider themselves asexual but they do not appear to be the majority.

Was he wrong to speak for all of you?
    No one person can speak for everyone of their MBTI type, regardless of how they feel they fit the stereotype.

For me, physical intimacy is part of a healthy relationship. Being close to my partner is a requirement.

Just for the record I don't think that I am totally asexual.
    But I have very strong asexual tendencys.