123 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Default What You Talk About With Your INTJ

I was just wondering what you guys usually talk about with your INTJs.

I just realized that I actually don't talk much with my INTJ father. Most of our time spent together is doing something rather than talking. I suppose that's what happens when you get two introverts together especialy when one of them is an SP. Anyway, when we do talk it's usually always about business. We both love talking about business strategy...we're both entrepreneurs. Lol it probably sounds like we're not close if most of what we talk about is business...no actually that's not the case...=)...we communicate a lot with out words.

Ok your turn. What do you usually talk about with your INTJ?

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, when I had an INTJ to talk to, we talked about video games. I was a teenager.
    We often would argue, never giving in, but it was never over anything big, and it wasn't stuff that would make us not talk.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

We aren't usually talking, we are usually arguing about something.

I will say one thing, and then he will say something to correct what i said(even if he's not right). Then i will take it as a personal attack, and be defensive, and the conversation usually ends in him saying "ok calm down"

when our topics don't lead to some sort of an argument we talk about our son, video games, work, the future, we talk about anything.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFJ

INTJs don't talk, they act. I can't really say 'do,' as in how SPs 'do' things, but more of 'act' in the sense of action, not acting.

Simply 'chewing the fat' with somebody doesn't really do anything for us. There might be things that we could go on and on for hours on end, like our specialties, but we usually figure that nobody wants to hear about that so we don't get started until we're asked about our areas of expertise. Other than that, we just don't talk much. If there isn't a reason to speak, we don't.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

heh I PLAY video games with my dad.

Guitar hero <3

Hmmm I also talk about fishing and nature once in a while with my dad. He loves both of those.

heart on fire

With my Dad, he always wanted to talk about mysticism, estorica, eastern religions, gnosticism, supernatural stuff, science, star trek, Texas history, Native American lore and religions, the Lost Dutchman mines and other mysteries, movies he liked, anthropology, psychology, his work, his childhood memories, memories about me as child or his other children, dating my mother, the various cats and dogs he loved all through the years, westerns, things that irritated him about people he knew. He liked to talk about his dreams and gosh he had some vivid and unusual dreams.

He also liked to have someone listen to him talk technical talk, like about his inventions or repairs at work and just be there to hear it, didn't have to understand it, which I usually didn't!

The key is letting them dictate the subjects and pace and they may really open up in a way that would suprise you. Sort of like cats. They cannot be forced to open up, but may take great joy in being allowed to do so at their own chosing.

Now I am missing my Daddy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

He also liked to have someone listen to him talk technical talk, like about his inventions or repairs at work and just be there to hear it, didn't have to understand it, which I usually didn't!

My boyfriend likes to do this too. I usually have no clue what he is rambling on about, but it makes him feel good to tell someone about it.
    and its cute seeing an intj excited.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    My boyfriend likes to do this too. I usually have no clue what he is rambling on about, but it makes him feel good to tell someone about it.
    and its cute seeing an intj excited.
    Yes, impossible not to admire them for their passion and intelligence...all that is needed is "uh-uh, yeah...wow, I bet that was exciting, you're so smart"

My INFJ husband will do this too. He did it during our first ever phone conversation, telling about repairs he did in the Air Force and I am like "he is just like Dad."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The key is letting them dictate the subjects and pace and they may really open up in a way that would suprise you. Sort of like cats. They cannot be forced to open up, but may take great joy in being allowed to do so at their own chosing.
    Yes.

INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

One thing about INTJs is that they have a tendency towards paranoia. They always suspect the worse or else they're limited in their capacity to see the "big picture".

Also they can be very nitpicky about non-important things and they have to do everything themselves, because they do not trust other people to do it.

To talk about?

I'll say INTJs are great conversationalists, but like I said, they ALWAYS have to be right. For thinkers who like to explore possibilities, INTJs are the opposite, they like to dispose of an idea before even considering it.

I've had many clashes with INTJs. My motto is "don't knock it until you've tried it", no so with INTJs. They like what's been proven and established.