User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

You sir, are correct.
    Thanks, but I'm really a lady. :p

Also, (factual) knowledge does not equal intelligence or potential.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    INTJs don't always have to be right, but due to the nature of their thinking they often are (although this does depend on the standard by which you judge right from wrong). When we are convinced that an idea is right, it has processed through a lot of filters and the odds that it's a good idea are fairly high. That said, I have admitted to my being wrong on occasion and it's actually a refreshing thing. Most often, however, I just accomodate the other person's point of view next to mine as an alternative that has some pros and cons of its own and was generated from a certain perspective.

I think the thing to do when you want to talk to an INTJ is either be abstract, theoretical etc. or totally absurdly silly. We can talk about the totally fascinating life of an ant living in his grass leaf house and make up an ant language and an ant song, we can hop around singing it and continue talking about the ant for days, or we can discuss the effect of the postpostmodern condition for hours...what's the difference anyway? :p Talking about external things on which you can have an opinion is always good, films, books, politics, cats, ants...talking about ourselves is difficult.

Just don't expect great conversation when you throw around that "I've been to the hairdresser, do you see the difference?" "Yes/No." Or mention that "the neighbours have bought a new car" "I see."
    Heh uhm not my INTJ dad...he forgets to use his filters sometimes. And I don't think that's exclusive to INTJs. People of all types do that. It's common sense to process things through many filters to get the best conclusion.

But you do have a point in that the INTJ mind is indeed a beautiful thing. =)
    My dad is absolutely brilliant when it comes to strategy.

MBTI
    INFP

One of my best friends back in high school was an INTJ.

He seemed to enjoy my unique brand of quixotic humor, and he actually expanded on it with definitiveness. I think INTJs value those who are openly true to themselves as individuals, and less so those who lean toward the comfort of a group.

Above all, what got my INTJ friend opening up to me the most was the fact that I naturally understood him and appreciated him for his confident individuality. I kept a positive sense of humor about it. He also valued my open honesty, but hated it when I talked about my insecurities as an INFP. We taught eachother a lot.

INTJs are who I look up to the most, because they have the greatest sense of knowing themselves and what they stand for, and won't easily allow the world to tell them otherwise.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by thejames View Post
    I think INTJs value those who are openly true to themselves as individuals, and less so those who lean toward the comfort of a group.
    Definitely.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFP

The only INJ I know is american. I am french.
    We use to talk a lot on french/american history, sociology and cultural differences... Culture analysis and sometimes political differences (diplomatie)...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes.

INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.
    Truth. It's very cute too.

MBTI
    INTP

My husband is an INTJ. To start a conversation I usually only have to ask "what are you thinking about?" He's ALWAYS thinking about something. Favorite topics include: how best to prepare for the coming zombie plague, how best to build a self-sustaining moon base, how he would change the current D&D edition to make it more fair/functional, how he would run the country if he was made dictator, how he would improve *insert anything here*. He also spends a lot of time lamenting the current state of politics and culture.

My INTJ sister discuss almost any topic but really likes to spend time constructing complex mythologies about the origins of the peoples of her imaginary world and psychoanalyzing people she knows.

They both have close bonds with their cats.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Real estate, economics and computers, he always thinks about what business venture to get into next and and talks about how the world will get into recession in a few years.

INTJs are great conversationalists,that's right.
    We often talk about scince and philosophy.
    Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the more often and steadily we reflect upon them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. --Kant

Enneagram: 5?1
    Functional Strengths: Ni, Te, Fi, Ti, Si, Fe, Ne, Se

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Spot on. I won't open up about much of anything until I've properly assessed someone's intelligence. If I feel they are an individual that I'd like to analyze ideas with, then I open up. Otherwise, I'd prefer to just follow conversation based on the level of the other person. Or make an excuse not to speak with them altogether. Depends on my mood.
    What you said. I could go days without talking if life would allow it, but if I have to talk to someone, it had better be someone smart.

My most successful romantic relationships have been with intelligent men who could actually tell me "no" without fear of repercussion. My ex and I used to talk history, philosophy, and politics for hours. Not sure where he rates on the MTBI.

My husband, an INFJ/ISFJ, is actually smarter than me. He's the only guy I've ever had a relationship with where I wasn't the smart one. We have completely different interests, but he can keep up with me.

We're actually happy to sit in the living room on our respective laptops doing research on different things and not talk for hours. But when we do talk, it's good.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird