User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

INTJs don't always have to be right, but due to the nature of their thinking they often are (although this does depend on the standard by which you judge right from wrong). When we are convinced that an idea is right, it has processed through a lot of filters and the odds that it's a good idea are fairly high. That said, I have admitted to my being wrong on occasion and it's actually a refreshing thing. Most often, however, I just accomodate the other person's point of view next to mine as an alternative that has some pros and cons of its own and was generated from a certain perspective.

I think the thing to do when you want to talk to an INTJ is either be abstract, theoretical etc. or totally absurdly silly. We can talk about the totally fascinating life of an ant living in his grass leaf house and make up an ant language and an ant song, we can hop around singing it and continue talking about the ant for days, or we can discuss the effect of the postpostmodern condition for hours...what's the difference anyway? :p Talking about external things on which you can have an opinion is always good, films, books, politics, cats, ants...talking about ourselves is difficult.

Just don't expect great conversation when you throw around that "I've been to the hairdresser, do you see the difference?" "Yes/No." Or mention that "the neighbours have bought a new car" "I see."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

entp: "Good Morning Mr. Allknowing, how was your day so far ?"
    infj: "...."
    entp: "Well if you won't talk, It seems that I have to fit this gap xD. So what is it that moves you today, the most ?"
    infj: "I read on the newspaper today that too much talking causes aching muscles around the mouth."
    entp: "Well, that is one hell of a problem, see you around."
    ------
    Alternative version:

entp: "hello, I am the new assistant engineer on this team."
    infj: "Ahh, hello, good to have you on board. So I will show you what you have to do. You know about E16 Steel, what are its properties again ?"
    entp: "Ehhhrr well, it is flexible and you can cut it easily ?"
    infj: "well, well, that are two of its properties, but not all of them."

-----------

Alternative version:

entp: "I have the report you wanted."
    infj: "Thank you"

--------------

well I am running out of ideas here...
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I have a female INTJ friend (romantic interest?), and we talk almost daily about just about everything. Aside from a bit of humor intended convo, the vast vast majority of what we talk about are deep analyzations of the deepest and most mundane topics alike :p . It's always a great intellectual conversation between us. We generally share the same beliefs, drives, and interests, but sometimes when we discuss issues we will have differing opinions, which is good. Always agreeing is a great connection, but its nice to have a little challenge to your beliefs sometimes from someone who is equally intelligent and informed. Whenever we disagree though, we always find a common thread to agree upon. The conversations we have are a type I certainly can't get from anyone else I've ever met. It's awesome. Female INTJ's with similar beliefs and such rock my socks off .

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    INTJs don't always have to be right, but due to the nature of their thinking they often are (although this does depend on the standard by which you judge right from wrong). When we are convinced that an idea is right, it has processed through a lot of filters and the odds that it's a good idea are fairly high. That said, I have admitted to my being wrong on occasion and it's actually a refreshing thing. Most often, however, I just accomodate the other person's point of view next to mine as an alternative that has some pros and cons of its own and was generated from a certain perspective.

I think the thing to do when you want to talk to an INTJ is either be abstract, theoretical etc. or totally absurdly silly. We can talk about the totally fascinating life of an ant living in his grass leaf house and make up an ant language and an ant song, we can hop around singing it and continue talking about the ant for days, or we can discuss the effect of the postpostmodern condition for hours...what's the difference anyway? :p Talking about external things on which you can have an opinion is always good, films, books, politics, cats, ants...talking about ourselves is difficult.

Just don't expect great conversation when you throw around that "I've been to the hairdresser, do you see the difference?" "Yes/No." Or mention that "the neighbours have bought a new car" "I see."
    You sir, are correct

Hello, I'm an INTJ, and I approve this message.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    enfp

Intjs are the easiest people to talk to. Just dont be an idiot. I recommend breaking down people as close to an equation as possible. Or study diseases and talk about them and how awful they were to the people that unfortunately contracted them. They might not tell you but i swear they will go to the DR in the next week or so convinced they are dying.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clentizene View Post
    Intjs are the easiest people to talk to. Just dont be an idiot. I recommend breaking down people as close to an equation as possible. Or study diseases and talk about them and how awful they were to the people that unfortunately contracted them. They might not tell you but i swear they will go to the DR in the next week or so convinced they are dying.
    Don't take advantage of pessimism for entertainment :steam:
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

ideas
    period

we take taboos and abuse them with what ifs
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    If we don't think you're intelligent, we probably wont have much to say to you.
    I've noticed a few INTJs say similar things on this board and I've wondered about it. I have a couple INTJ friends, and they seem to enjoy talking to me and value my friendship in spite of the fact that there are many geeky topics they are extremely knowledgeable about that I have the barest understanding of and interest in. Also I think they are both smarter than me in general.

So I was wondering if INTJs don't possibly rate a person's intelligence according merely to how willing the person is to listen attentively to the ramblings of said INTJs.

But yeah, to answer the question that was asked, most of my conversations with INTJs center around our hobbies, or ideas and observations of a more abstract nature, interspersed with factual narratives and some general chit chat. Really I don't know that I relate to them any differently than I would to anybody else. . . I just sorta talk and when they seem moody or disinclined for conversation, I shut up and give them some space.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I've noticed a few INTJs say similar things on this board and I've wondered about it. I have a couple INTJ friends, and they seem to enjoy talking to me and value my friendship in spite of the fact that there are many geeky topics they are extremely knowledgeable about that I have the barest understanding of and interest in. Also I think they are both smarter than me in general.

So I was wondering if INTJs don't possibly rate a person's intelligence according merely to how willing the person is to listen attentively to the ramblings of said INTJs.
    Yes, I have a few friends who aren't as knowledgeable about me on some things like computers, etc. But if my intuition tells me they are intelligent, if I sense they are intelligent in other areas, then that doesn't bother me and I accept them. Now you might say, "Well everyone is smart in some area". Which I guess is mostly true. The area in which you are knowledgeable in is probably somewhat similar to theirs, which is fine. So either it has to be the same as their subject, or similar to their subject. Or just shared hobbies. If it's not something like that, then they might consider you more of a student to be taught.

And I don't think we rate intelligence on listening. I think INTJs enjoy any good, knowledge, debate more than anything else.

But yeah, to answer the question that was asked, most of my conversations with INTJs center around our hobbies, or ideas and observations of a more abstract nature, interspersed with factual narratives and some general chit chat. Really I don't know that I relate to them any differently than I would to anybody else. . . I just sorta talk and when they seem moody or disinclined for conversation, I shut up and give them some space.
    Moody and disinclined for conversation? An INTJ? Never!
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INxJ

I've noticed a few INTJs say similar things on this board and I've wondered about it.
    Spot on. I won't open up about much of anything until I've properly assessed someone's intelligence. If I feel they are an individual that I'd like to analyze ideas with, then I open up. Otherwise, I'd prefer to just follow conversation based on the level of the other person. Or make an excuse not to speak with them altogether. Depends on my mood.