User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 50

  1. #11
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    He also liked to have someone listen to him talk technical talk, like about his inventions or repairs at work and just be there to hear it, didn't have to understand it, which I usually didn't!
    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    My boyfriend likes to do this too. I usually have no clue what he is rambling on about, but it makes him feel good to tell someone about it.
    and its cute seeing an intj excited.
    That's really cute. =)

  2. #12
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    That's really cute. =)
    We're not cute, damn it! :steam:
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #13
    Senior Member VanillaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    178

    Default

    INTJS ARE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE.

    They really really are, in some odd way that I don't know how to describe..

    WITHOUT USING THE WORD CUTE!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    lol @ the two posts above this one.

  5. #15
    Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    One thing about INTJs is that they have a tendency towards paranoia. They always suspect the worse or else they're limited in their capacity to see the "big picture".

    Also they can be very nitpicky about non-important things and they have to do everything themselves, because they do not trust other people to do it.

    To talk about?

    I'll say INTJs are great conversationalists, but like I said, they ALWAYS have to be right. For thinkers who like to explore possibilities, INTJs are the opposite, they like to dispose of an idea before even considering it.

    I've had many clashes with INTJs. My motto is "don't knock it until you've tried it", no so with INTJs. They like what's been proven and established.
    Heh, that's a downside to the "cause and effect" line of thinking. We can usually see the good outcomes too, but we strive for the good and attempt to avoid the bad, so it ends up being that we concentrate more on the bad than the good. Though it's not about suspecting the worst, more that I acknowledge that the worst is possible, come to think.

    Yep to the second as well. At least for me. It's not exactly the smartest thing to do, as that's how I usually end up having too much to do, but yeah. I mean, unless it's someone I trust with that sort of thing, or it's something that I deem unimportant.

    I think it may look like we'll dispose of ideas without considering them, but that's mostly because it doesn't take long to consider some things. Again, it boils down to cause and effect. In my head, an idea will go down a list of possible outcomes, and if I can see no good outcome to an idea, I become opposed to it. It could take an instant. It could take an hour. But I do consider it. If, say, I were fighting with someone for a day or so on whether an idea was good, and if they suddenly came up with an idea that actually is good, I'll admit to it. It's not necessarily about being right, but finding something that works. If you're fighting with INTJs on these ideas, then it's probably because you haven't yet found something that works for them and probably less about being right. Though we do like being right if we actually are right.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

  6. #16
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    One thing about INTJs is that they have a tendency towards paranoia. They always suspect the worse or else they're limited in their capacity to see the "big picture".

    Also they can be very nitpicky about non-important things and they have to do everything themselves, because they do not trust other people to do it.

    To talk about?

    I'll say INTJs are great conversationalists, but like I said, they ALWAYS have to be right. For thinkers who like to explore possibilities, INTJs are the opposite, they like to dispose of an idea before even considering it.

    I've had many clashes with INTJs. My motto is "don't knock it until you've tried it", no so with INTJs. They like what's been proven and established.
    Are you sure you've been talking to INTJs?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #17
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    If you can find the right topic, you can get an INTJ to ramble like a toddler. Even among ourselves we are very diverse, so a particular topic would be hard for me to say. I'd say that INTJ men usually prefer something technical to talk about. I can't really speak for the INTJ women, as I've never met one personally.

    I would talk a lot more if I wasn't always thinking that A; no one really wants to hear me talk about the ring and pinion gears of a 1967 Chevy pickup, or B; I don't think that someone is intelligent enough to appreciate what I have to say. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the inconvenient truth about INTJs. If we don't think you're intelligent, we probably wont have much to say to you.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  8. #18
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Heh, that's a downside to the "cause and effect" line of thinking. We can usually see the good outcomes too, but we strive for the good and attempt to avoid the bad, so it ends up being that we concentrate more on the bad than the good. Though it's not about suspecting the worst, more that I acknowledge that the worst is possible, come to think.

    Yep to the second as well. At least for me. It's not exactly the smartest thing to do, as that's how I usually end up having too much to do, but yeah. I mean, unless it's someone I trust with that sort of thing, or it's something that I deem unimportant.

    I think it may look like we'll dispose of ideas without considering them, but that's mostly because it doesn't take long to consider some things. Again, it boils down to cause and effect. In my head, an idea will go down a list of possible outcomes, and if I can see no good outcome to an idea, I become opposed to it. It could take an instant. It could take an hour. But I do consider it. If, say, I were fighting with someone for a day or so on whether an idea was good, and if they suddenly came up with an idea that actually is good, I'll admit to it. It's not necessarily about being right, but finding something that works. If you're fighting with INTJs on these ideas, then it's probably because you haven't yet found something that works for them and probably less about being right. Though we do like being right if we actually are right.
    I agree with all the points Aerithria made here, especially the last paragraph. And I think we are cats personified also, like Hap said, to a large degree.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  9. #19
    Senior Member norepinephrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes.

    INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

    Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.
    Fine then. INTPs are the cats that hide under the couch when company comes, emerging only if the atmosphere is convivial and the volume relatively low.

    Almost all of my male friends have "accused" me, at one point or another, of being a cat. Unfortunately, they tended to focus on the solitary, self-reliant, and hedonistic tendencies rather than the sharp-toothed, sharp-clawed, obligate carnivore aspects.

    Ah well, live and learn.

    I live with the perfect cat, btw. Solid black, polydactyl. He was a feral kitten - first time I put my hand out without a glove he bit me so deeply I bled for 10 minutes. But if you are his friend, he just exudes calm. Doesn't climb on your lap, but lies close up next to you with his head draped over your thigh, whilst purring.

    He tends to make me the witch (wiccan) for which I've so often also been mistaken.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Kristiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes.

    INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

    Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.
    As an INTJ who absolutely adores cats and kittens, I appreciate this post

    Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    Fine then. INTPs are the cats that hide under the couch when company comes, emerging only if the atmosphere is convivial and the volume relatively low.

    Almost all of my male friends have "accused" me, at one point or another, of being a cat. Unfortunately, they tended to focus on the solitary, self-reliant, and hedonistic tendencies rather than the sharp-toothed, sharp-clawed, obligate carnivore aspects.

    Ah well, live and learn.

    I live with the perfect cat, btw. Solid black, polydactyl. He was a feral kitten - first time I put my hand out without a glove he bit me so deeply I bled for 10 minutes. But if you are his friend, he just exudes calm. Doesn't climb on your lap, but lies close up next to you with his head draped over your thigh, whilst purring.

    He tends to make me the witch (wiccan) for which I've so often also been mistaken.
    I met a black polydactyl kitten once. He was very sweet, kept purring when I pet him I wished I could take him home!
    j'adore les chats

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 01:17 AM
  2. Do you get bored with your own MBTI type?
    By TSDesigner in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
  3. [NF] Fe and Fi, say what you love about your F function!
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
  4. What excites you? What do you wish people would talk about with you?
    By ladypinkington in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO