• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ FEMALES.. PERSONAL QUESTION..

shadowjasmine

Instinctual Variant
sx
How do you deal with pms and your menstral cycle this is an awkward question but I get emotional its weird its like I turn into an infj every once a month or something how do you deal with physical illness and stuff..?

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Female here.) The hormones involved in PMS can affect just about any female. Being an INTJ doesn't mean you'll never experience strong emotion, or act on it; it merely describes that your primary mode is more emotionally detached.

Hell, I'm a pretty cold-hearted INTJ, but I get hyper-emotional even more often than once a month because of my bipolar cycles. I almost never get weepy over empathising with others' feelings, which I figure for me is part of being an INTJ, but even if you get emotional in that sense, it's not difficult to explain in the context of a PMS cycle.

Basically: INTJ doesn't say you can't be influenced by emotions. It just says that when you experience them, most of the time you probably won't prefer to base your actions on how you feel over what you think.

As someone who hates being dictated by irrational emotions, I've just learned to recognise when my upsets are part of such a biological cycle, and not dwell on them if I can avoid it. I'm on the pill more recently, which does a remarkable job of minimising my period symptoms including weepiness and crankiness, but I still get crying spells in the middle of my depressive episodes. And when I'm hit by them, I just try to relax and ride them out. If you can remember and appreciate that feeling down doesn't mean that things are any worse than usual, and that you'll be feeling better soon, you'll probably find it easier to get through. That's what works for me.

If you haven't already, though, and your emotional problems are getting in the way of day-to-day life, you should probably consider talking to a counsellor and/or seeking diagnosis and any appropriate treatment for depression or whatever it might be that's troubling you. If you're not on the pill, I suggest talking to a doctor about it, because you might find it helps the mood swings, or at least relieves the physical symptoms enough to not stress you out so much.

shadowjasmine

Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh okay so it's normal to be kinda out of control with emotions because I'm usually in control except for once a month and stuff yeah okay xD

Porsche

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I'm PMS-ing, my emotions are really out of control, and I cry once a month because of that whether there are reasons or not.

Hormonal imbalance is something I have no control over with, maybe drug prescriptions will help to minimize the depression, but I usually don't medicate. Sometimes a depressing post in a forum can make me cry.

I think me being an INTJ 4-fixer (enneagram), is not really out of touch with emotions, unlike the usual stereotypes associated with INTJ being detached from emotions.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh okay so it's normal to be kinda out of control with emotions because I'm usually in control except for once a month and stuff yeah okay xD
Depends on the person. For me, that would be entirely abnormal. I have never noticed (or had others observe) a monthly tendency to diminished emotional control. Any monthly symptoms have been confined to mild physical ones easily addressed by OTC meds, heat, and exercise. But then I may just be lucky in this respect.

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
i used to be like that during high school, maybe it was a very hormonal active time, but as i grew older i don`t seem to get as emotional as i used to,
also as stated above, the pill helps a lot :)
but i remember one time that i was so angry and almost cried and i was so confused that i didn`t know how to handle those emotions and myself, it was quite horrid
*magnesium and B6 helps a lot too

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

If I ever felt emotion that wasn't in my normal sphere, I would see a doctor. There are medications for this, just as there are for the physical symptoms, which is all I fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) all I have. I am not talking about some crying or down feelings for a few days. I mean when it's debilitating and it's every month and it feels out of control, I'd look at resolving it.

Hetha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ditto on the see a doctor and take pills that have been mentioned. It really does help matters. Resolving the issues underlying the symptoms is the best thing one can do for oneself. A thorough examination of what causes the symptoms is necessary for anyone's health and well being.

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Menstral cycle have to be eliminated,whether to pay any price.

The symbol of torture,unfair and no freedom.It's the aggregate of evil by my Ni window.

W

WhoCares

How do you deal with pms and your menstral cycle this is an awkward question but I get emotional its weird its like I turn into an infj every once a month or something how do you deal with physical illness and stuff..?

I experience pms as only mild loss of patience for the usual tedium associated with other people. I find myself feeling more irritated than usual. No biggie. I am rarely ill and if I am I sleep it off. In fact I prefer to spend nearly all my spare time unconscious and blissfully unaware of the world outside. Illness is just more spare time in my hands than I counted on.

CRC

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an INTJ woman and do experience severe (physical) PMS symptoms. Depending on the severity (sometimes I have cramps so painful I physically can't get out of bed), my approach to physical pain is generally to internalize it and outwardly just act like it's not happening - I'll never forget having to attend a job interview while experiencing severe menstrual cramps a while back!

Typically I do not become more emotional in the "suddenly-INFJ" or "cry at everything I see" sense, but I am sometimes inclined to be more irritable or have a shorter tunnel between thinking and speaking.

However, I'm also quite self-aware about it and have been tracking my cycle for years so that I can predict when my PMS symptoms are going to appear and adjust my behavior accordingly. I find that if I know that I'm in that week or so, I'm less tempted to act on my hormonal urges.

(I also find that my sex drive goes through the roof right around my period, but I think this is a pretty common occurrence - certainly my partner doesn't mind!)

unicorncandy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL CAPS. PMS? I get mean/cranky, then cry when everyone avoids me. Just as I'm about to reach hysteria, I remember that it is the time of the month and I am not crazy. I usually get my period the day after my monthly realization.

Heinous

MBTI Type
INTX
Hey I'm INTX does that count? I normally just experience mood swings on my period, usually from angry to completely detached. Is detatched an emotion? Whatever. But yes I get more emotional than usual on my period.