User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx

Default INTJ FEMALES.. PERSONAL QUESTION..

How do you deal with pms and your menstral cycle this is an awkward question but I get emotional its weird its like I turn into an infj every once a month or something how do you deal with physical illness and stuff..?
    Deal with it

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

(Female here.) The hormones involved in PMS can affect just about any female. Being an INTJ doesn't mean you'll never experience strong emotion, or act on it; it merely describes that your primary mode is more emotionally detached.

Hell, I'm a pretty cold-hearted INTJ, but I get hyper-emotional even more often than once a month because of my bipolar cycles. I almost never get weepy over empathising with others' feelings, which I figure for me is part of being an INTJ, but even if you get emotional in that sense, it's not difficult to explain in the context of a PMS cycle.

Basically: INTJ doesn't say you can't be influenced by emotions. It just says that when you experience them, most of the time you probably won't prefer to base your actions on how you feel over what you think.

As someone who hates being dictated by irrational emotions, I've just learned to recognise when my upsets are part of such a biological cycle, and not dwell on them if I can avoid it. I'm on the pill more recently, which does a remarkable job of minimising my period symptoms including weepiness and crankiness, but I still get crying spells in the middle of my depressive episodes. And when I'm hit by them, I just try to relax and ride them out. If you can remember and appreciate that feeling down doesn't mean that things are any worse than usual, and that you'll be feeling better soon, you'll probably find it easier to get through. That's what works for me.

If you haven't already, though, and your emotional problems are getting in the way of day-to-day life, you should probably consider talking to a counsellor and/or seeking diagnosis and any appropriate treatment for depression or whatever it might be that's troubling you. If you're not on the pill, I suggest talking to a doctor about it, because you might find it helps the mood swings, or at least relieves the physical symptoms enough to not stress you out so much.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx

Oh okay so it's normal to be kinda out of control with emotions because I'm usually in control except for once a month and stuff yeah okay xD
    Deal with it

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

When I'm PMS-ing, my emotions are really out of control, and I cry once a month because of that whether there are reasons or not.

Hormonal imbalance is something I have no control over with, maybe drug prescriptions will help to minimize the depression, but I usually don't medicate. Sometimes a depressing post in a forum can make me cry.

I think me being an INTJ 4-fixer (enneagram), is not really out of touch with emotions, unlike the usual stereotypes associated with INTJ being detached from emotions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skillchaos View Post
    Oh okay so it's normal to be kinda out of control with emotions because I'm usually in control except for once a month and stuff yeah okay xD
    Depends on the person. For me, that would be entirely abnormal. I have never noticed (or had others observe) a monthly tendency to diminished emotional control. Any monthly symptoms have been confined to mild physical ones easily addressed by OTC meds, heat, and exercise. But then I may just be lucky in this respect.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

i used to be like that during high school, maybe it was a very hormonal active time, but as i grew older i don`t seem to get as emotional as i used to,
    also as stated above, the pill helps a lot
    but i remember one time that i was so angry and almost cried and i was so confused that i didn`t know how to handle those emotions and myself, it was quite horrid
    *magnesium and B6 helps a lot too

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

If I ever felt emotion that wasn't in my normal sphere, I would see a doctor. There are medications for this, just as there are for the physical symptoms, which is all I fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) all I have. I am not talking about some crying or down feelings for a few days. I mean when it's debilitating and it's every month and it feels out of control, I'd look at resolving it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ditto on the see a doctor and take pills that have been mentioned. It really does help matters. Resolving the issues underlying the symptoms is the best thing one can do for oneself. A thorough examination of what causes the symptoms is necessary for anyone's health and well being.
    MBTi: INTJ

trifix: 8w9, 5w6, 3w2. Primary Type 8; "The Leader." 8w9;"The Bear."

Global 5: sloan RCOEI; sloan+ RcoE|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(80%)C(60%)O(64%)E(70%)I(86%)
    Extroversion |||| 20%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 64%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 60%
    Accommodation |||||| 30%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Menstral cycle have to be eliminated,whether to pay any price.

The symbol of torture,unfair and no freedom.It's the aggregate of evil by my Ni window.

WhoCares

How do you deal with pms and your menstral cycle this is an awkward question but I get emotional its weird its like I turn into an infj every once a month or something how do you deal with physical illness and stuff..?
    I experience pms as only mild loss of patience for the usual tedium associated with other people. I find myself feeling more irritated than usual. No biggie. I am rarely ill and if I am I sleep it off. In fact I prefer to spend nearly all my spare time unconscious and blissfully unaware of the world outside. Illness is just more spare time in my hands than I counted on.