User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    In your experience, have you found them all to be that way, or is it just the stupid ones?

No, not all. But it does seem INTJ's don't find value in modesty, at a rate higher than average compared to other types. I blame it on preference of Fi over Fe.

They're kinda "all-in" about their presumptions.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, are you? You're referring to this person as your friend but you seem less than fond of him.. so, what's the deal?
    I view friendship as a relationship of three possible categories. (1) Loose acquaintanceships, relationships that are founded on mutual interests and sentiments of superficial fondness, (2) relationships based on a substantial degree of trust and well-deserved mutual respect and (3) relationships based on a profound degree of trust and admiration.

I'd say he is in the first category, that makes him more of an acquaintance more than a friend.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1&5

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon123123 View Post
    that makes him more of an acquaintance more than a friend.
    Understood.
    People confuse bluntness with bitchiness -Julia Stiles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Could also be that he's generally disinterested in you and gives you short, stupid replies so that you mind your own business.

But there's still a problem with my presumption, as my INTJ friend (real friend, not acquaintance) will straight-out tell you he doesn't like you and not bother with you. If you call out his name, he might even ignore you (on purpose).

I don't think he's INTJ: his reasoning is quite faulty and shows just a surface-level understanding of MBTI: unless they've just started learning, INTJs tend to go deep into a subject they're interested in.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

I am terribly disappointed in this thread: I thought it was going to go off-topic into discussing Rand's stupidity, but it seems I was wrong.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1&5

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    But there's still a problem with my presumption, as my INTJ friend (real friend, not acquaintance) will straight-out tell you he doesn't like you and not bother with you. If you call out his name, he might even ignore you (on purpose).
    *guffaw*

Sometimes, it just can't be helped. Leading up to firing an incompetent twit, I found myself telling him very dryly, "Your presence annoys me. Go away."

..and my ex husband (ESFJ) haaaaaaaated (include as many a's as you see fit) that he could bellow and bellow my name across the room/house/store/vehicle, and I didn't hear a thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

*guffaw*

Sometimes, it just can't be helped. Leading up to firing an incompetent twit, I found myself telling him very dryly, "Your presence annoys me. Go away."
    Not judging you; in fact, I wish I could be that blunt. I've got this mental layout of the school in my head, so if I see you in the hallway and don't want to talk to you, I'll walk in the other direction, figuring out (intuitively, mostly) in which direction you're most likely to head off, and staying away from anywhere I predict you'll go (I constantly scan the environment in such cases).

But if I don't like you, I try to sugar coat things and be diplomatic if the need to give my opinion arise.

..and my ex husband (ESFJ) haaaaaaaated (include as many a's as you see fit) that he could bellow and bellow my name across the room/house/store/vehicle, and I didn't hear a thing.
    I think that's generally an Introvert thing: being deep in your thoughts helps block out the external world. Though my ESTJ brother tends to do it as well - except that he's so focused on some external object instead that he can't hear you.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1&5

I think that's generally an Introvert thing: being deep in your thoughts helps block out the external world. Though my ESTJ brother tends to do it as well - except that he's so focused on some external object instead that he can't hear you.
    I was being facetious, actually. I hear very well. However, I can quite happily choose to completely ignore another's existence and go about my day as if that person is truly not there.

His weird, controlling ESFJ *stuff* isn't worth engaging. Why bother?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I don't think he's INTJ: his reasoning is quite faulty and shows just a surface-level understanding of MBTI: unless they've just started learning, INTJs tend to go deep into a subject they're interested in.
    I don't think that all INTJs are good at making reasonable arguments, that all extroverts are socially skilled, that all introverts are reflective, that all intuitives are imaginative or that all sensors are practical. All of the aforementioned skills take time and effort to cultivate, no type can develop them without deliberate practice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

*guffaw*

What sort of a business are you running? As an entrepreneur myself, I prefer to keep as many options open as possible. So, it would take a great deal for me to outright fire a sub-contractor, I'd rather cease giving them work and refrain from doing so until I am confident that they facilitate and expedite the achievement of my business objectives. It may indeed be the case that they will never be useful to me, but it still takes a special kind of incompetence for me to completely shut the door on a prospective assistant. I don't know if this has anything to do with my type, but that's an interesting hypothesis to explore.