User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Well, he is obviously very smart. So, he'd say he's too smart to fall into the trap of viewing personality as a narrow repertoire of traits that lead one to overlook the significance of developing character qualities that one appears to be lacking.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon123123 View Post
    Well, he is obviously very smart. So, he'd say he's too smart to fall into the trap of viewing personality as a narrow repertoire of traits that lead one to overlook the significance of developing character qualities that one appears to be lacking.
    What makes you say that? His remarks that you have related to us so far sound rather dumb. It sounds like he has little credible support for his claim to be INTJ, and even less interest in getting some.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Anyone who I believed was a friend who I discovered was a fan of Rand I'd say was just somebody I used to know.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

WhoCares

A few months ago, I worked with an acquaintance of mine who is a very self-centered INTJ. In my opinion, it is unclear what his type is, but he seems to be absolutely convinced that he cannot be any other type than INTJ. When I ask him why he is so interested in typology and how he can be certain what his type is, I usually get answers that resemble the following.

-I am very smart and all INTJs are smart, think Ayn Rand or Nietzsche.
    -I am very imaginative and creative, INTJs are visionaries.
    -I am very logical and organized, INTJs are organized.
    -I am very good at contingency planning, all INTJs are planners.

Anyways, I think that's enough for now, can someone tell me what's wrong with this outlook?
    Does anything need to be wrong with it? Naturally anyone who's a bit arrogant, introverted with delusions of grandeur is generally labelled an INTJ by the world. Hardly surprising that someone who identifies with that would label themselves as such. For myself I've got a few qualifications with those statements.

INTJs aren't inherently smart. And exactly what kind of smart are we talking about here? People who identify as super intelligent are usually banging on about how easily they can achieve a high IQ score. Yet I don't know of many INTJs who truly succeed in life by all the normal measures (wealth creation, great relationships, satisfaction with self). Hmm....we might need a few definitions of smart since I think anyone who fails in being basically happy isn't very smart.

INTJ and creative aren't too things I'd put together. Visionary and creative aren't even natural pairs. Visionaries are usually people who can see a new mechanism that works, creatives are usually interpreters of the external world and connect it to emotion. Two different, although not mutually exclusive concepts.

INTJ and logical makes me ROFL every single time. I think I am one of the least rational people I know. I certainly don't count myself as being logical at all. Yet I score INTJ off the charts on MBTI. My decision making process is often deductive but rarely logical in terms of making sense.

INTJ and planners does meld but then I think most J people plan. J is just the drive for closure, even if it's only in have a self created certainty about what's next. Contingency planning is something you'll see a lot of J people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    I was refering to that.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I was refering to that.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What makes you say that? His remarks that you have related to us so far sound rather dumb. It sounds like he has little credible support for his claim to be INTJ, and even less interest in getting some.
    That was a sardonic remark, I was mocking him.

He now says that I am a "real fucking twit" and that I should stop wasting his time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1&5

I am a "real fucking twit" .
    Well, are you? You're referring to this person as your friend but you seem less than fond of him.. so, what's the deal?
    People confuse bluntness with bitchiness -Julia Stiles

WALMART

Anyone who values their own intelligence will likely have a difficult time pulling away from the NT spectrograph.

His arrogance is in line with many of the INTJ's I've come across, so sure. I'd let him have it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    His arrogance is in line with many of the INTJ's I've come across, so sure. I'd let him have it.
    In your experience, have you found them all to be that way, or is it just the stupid ones?