User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    Intj

I'm an intj, it's a goal of mine, to change the world for the better, out of love and consideration.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zyelhsak View Post
    I'm an intj, it's a goal of mine, to change the world for the better, out of love and consideration.
    Same here

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes. "World domination" is needlessly ominous sounding. Better to think of it as "world optimization".
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't expect to change the world in any particular way, but it's something I naturally want to do. I was born into an extended environment that I find a lot of fault with, and I want to do anything I can to fix those faults rather than accept them. At this stage of my life I'm still theorising how to make the world better, and I don't anticipate finding a clearcut answer particularly soon, but it's still a big influence on the way I live.

So of course conquering the world and forcing it to submit to my changes has some appeal, but I don't think my principles would allow me to take away others' freedoms if that was a consequence. And of course I don't have a certain enough idea of what changes I think should be implemented and how, just yet.

I dunno why INTJs are usually depicted as evil conquerors and whatnot, but maybe it's just hard to get their motivations across unambiguously without an especially cold-hearted agenda.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

There are examples I can think of from literature who seem to be NTs whose objectives are some what more circumspect, for instance Hannibal Lector and Tom Ripley, they both have no aim to conquer or change the world, they just want to have the good life, of the two Lector is probably closer to wanting to conquer/change things because he targets and kills people who offend his taste and principled attitude to rudeness//manners, Ripley's a little different but in both instances their sphere of concern or interest is pretty small, close to their actual sphere of influence or action.

I think their chess approach to world domination only works in their minds. Sooner or later their plans are going to get screwed by randomness and they'll be running their ass off and driven off to suicide. Oh right, unless you are some sort of supercomputer, you can calculate every possibilty and formulate a perfect plan and eliminate everything that stands in your way Good luck to that dude. If everyone else in the word is an SJ and obey your every order or too stupid to foil your plans, than perhaps it will work. (And you are the only INTJ that exist in this planet)
    Too bad the world doesn't operate this way. A stupid ESTP is already enough to screw up your plans with his randomness (please watch die hard 5 if you don't understand what I am saying).
    Human behavior is unpredictable, not like a chess game.

Unless you get your hands on a death note or have code geass, I think all absurd plans will end up getting nowhere.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Derpravity View Post
    I dunno why INTJs are usually depicted as evil conquerors and whatnot, but maybe it's just hard to get their motivations across unambiguously without an especially cold-hearted agenda.
    Agreed-
    Since it's all about that end state- somewhere along the way someone will feel steamrolled even if it's not the intent of the INTJ.
    Not saying that steamrolling doesn't happen on purpose....I think most INTJs don't desire to hurt other people, but they recognize that it's necessary sometimes, with the hope that people will thank them later.