• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] clothing style and MBTI type

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Do you have information on clothing style and MBTI type? A site somewhere about this?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't really think it applies... Certainly no hard and fast rules...

Then again, I'm sure most people can recognize that clothing can present an image and can strive to shape that image. Sort of a social signaling system. So maybe all ESFJs wear plaids. (Actually we could set that up maybe. If ESFJs ever hung out on internet MBTI forums.)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I think that clothing is more of an interest than an indicator. Meaning if a person of a particular type decides to begin focusing more on what they wear, they will begin to develop a style, irregardless of their type. I've known people from all across the board who dress nice, and people from all across the board who don't.

Personally, on a day-to-day basis I usually dress in T-shirts. Occasionally I'll put on a button-down shirt, especially if I know I have to teach or go to a meeting.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...So maybe all ESFJs wear plaids. ...

I'm fine with that. (I hate plaids.)

I don't think you can pick particular outfits or colors and say, "This is an <MBTI type>." But I think that you draw some broad conclusions about someone's overall wardrobe.

One thing I have noticed -- J's tend to always have things in place or like to look polished, P's are more apt to always look a little disheveled or casual regardless of what they are wearing. Again, not a hard and fast rule of course, but in general the desire for closure also contributes to wanting one's "look" to be finished too and the desire for openness usually results in more flexible dressing.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I like plaid.

I also fancy a shirt and tie.

I don't think you'll find much to anchor a positive correlation between MBTI and clothing type.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I don't want this to sound stereotypical, but I think that SPs in general like loose fitting and functional clothing. I know that I do. My work clothes consist of polo type shirts (no brand name stuff just good quality clothing) and khaki type pants pleated.

This also may be a stereotype, but there are several things that I notice in others and runs counter to me. I do not wear undershirts. In fact this may be TMI, but I loathe underwear in general. They make me feel constrained. I wear no jewelry of any kind including watches, in fear of snagging it on something. I usually keep track of time from my cell phone.

I like jeans, but usually prefer loose-fitting cotton sweats during the winter months and shorts and t-shirts during the summer months. I want easy access to getting my clothes off and on. I have to match usually wearing dark solid colors (again very little name brand stuff that makes me feel like a walking billboard).

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
My clothing style is subtly influenced by a handful of fandoms and subcultures, but is still well within the range of what would generally be considered "normal." Creative, I think, but not flamboyant.

If that makes any sense. :)

I like hats, wooden beads, and "unique" shoes. I wear a lot of skirts, and tops are generally feminine-slightly dressy-but-casual. I don't wear much jewelry, except a pretty watch that belonged to my grandma that I always wear, and my hair is usually down, with minimal styling.

Does this sound generally NF-ish? I would think that some generalizations could be made about how people approach their clothing choices based on type, but that individual style is pretty unique. IMHO

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like tee shirts (usually with stuff I think is funny/cute). I like to be comfortable and I don't like to have to fuss with things.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I may have a few shirts with prints and stuff on it, but mostly my clothes are very plain. The only thing that stands out about my wardrobe is that there's a lot of college stuff mixed in it, because I have a lot of leftover stuff from when my brother toured a bunch of colleges a few years ago.

For each season, I tend to wear the same clothes week after week. I like clothes that are comfortable, but I loathe clothes-shopping with a passion, so a lot of my clothes are old and worn and small (I'm still growing) and somewhat ratty just because I don't like to buy new clothes. I like comfortable clothes, but if they're too small, they cease to be comfortable, but you still may find me wearing them anyway.

I don't like the shirts with writing on them, that try to say something clever. Most of the times, what they say isn't all that clever or funny, and even if it was, the novelty is worn out with the first three shirts you see, and then it ceases to be funny and just starts to be obnoxious and common, even if I share the sentiments.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I go for casual and firm outfits xD

1174919311-4986.jpg

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
What about excentricity and artsy style? Only P could wear this...

heart

heart on fire
I like hats, wooden beads, and "unique" shoes. I wear a lot of skirts, and tops are generally feminine-slightly dressy-but-casual. I don't wear much jewelry, except a pretty watch that belonged to my grandma that I always wear, and my hair is usually down, with minimal styling.

Does this sound generally NF-ish? I would think that some generalizations could be made about how people approach their clothing choices based on type, but that individual style is pretty unique. IMHO

I wear a lot of plaid, floral print or denim jumper dresses or skirts with plain kint tops, usually black, blue or purple. I like cotton because it breathes. Flat shoes because I get vertigo! Hair mostly down and lightly curled. Some eye make up and lipstick and that's it. Don't care much for jewelry.

I adore plaid and small floral prints on black or navy back ground.

Algora J

Do you have information on clothing style and MBTI type? A site somewhere about this?

I think this depends more on which region you grew up in, as opposed to personality type.

In England I've noticed, women tend to show off a lot of cleavage, mainly because the men there take care not to stare. I assume in Iran that no one dares do that.

Madrigal

MBTI Type
INTP
If I were only a little bit more secure in my ability to divorce myself from this interdependent society, I'd dress to impress:

At work, I'd much prefer to arrive in a bathrobe than anything else. I'm providing a service, and the compensation that I'm gathering for it isn't entirely adequate. It's a simple fact: if you're not directly meeting with your company's clients or customers, their primary concern regarding you is productivity. Points of direct access and proper airflow around all my bits would only make me more productive.

In casual situations, I think I'd rather be in some kind of body armor covered with some sort of electrical charged surface than anything else. There's something that's really appealing about being able to make my way through any crowd without having to dance, weave, and estimate where and when seams open up. After enough people learn to back away? I'm set to sprint through a crowd of people whenever I need to.

It would also make a good conversation piece, which I hear is good in casual situations.

If I ever get dragged to church, I'd probably want to go in a gorilla costume. The advantages and applications here are obvious, so I won't go into detail.

Speaking of church, though, I always thought it would be interesting to show up to a wedding naked. I mean, what is a wedding if not a celebration of people getting naked with eachother? Getting that much into the spirit of things would multiply the gravity of the ceremony and probably enhance the recognition of the raw spiritual connection between the two intertwined souls up on stage.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I wouldn't say that clothing matches the type, but im sure that the reason for someone to wear certaing clothes has to match the type.

My clothes are usually

1) Durable
Because of my concern for environment.

2) Expressing myself
I like to dream up new ways to use clothes.

3) Comfortable
If it doesn't work well, its not worth the money.

At least the 1 and 2 are NF thinking. Im not so sure about the third.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I want that my clothes

- are comfortable
- exactly match my personal style (fashion = not (necessary))
- are not too attention-catching, as I prefer to stay stealthily in the background
- are environmentally friendly
- are of good quality
- are neat, fresh-smelling and clean (influence of my ESFJ mother who made my Fi to accept this as a value :D)

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
SPs,with the possible exception of rural ISTPs, can be counted on to ride fashion gracefully.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
I must be rural. And possible. And exceptional.

I always wear cargo pants or shorts for mobility, durability, practicality, carrying capacity, and casuality. Unless I'm running or doing some special activity that requires different gear, like biking or boating or funerals. I wear tight dark t-shirts without logos.

If I can't suddenly spring into action against ninja assailants, then it isn't worth wearing.