User Tag List

First 234

This is a really fascinating discussion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I live for hedonistic experience, I think, albeit in a very inefficient way. To this end I want to develop my applied rationality skills. There's a particular aesthetic, emotion, excitement, that strikes me every now and again, and I feel like I spend my life chasing it, one moment to the next, without knowing exactly what it is, but hoping every day to get closer to capturing it. Maybe it's just the chase that's satisfying, and the fleeting feeling itself is more or less a MacGuffin.

Anyway, I feel most fulfilled when I'm working on a big project. A creative endeavour, or some vision for improving the world to my liking. I want to discover what I can feel and what I can do, before I die. Something like that.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpravity View Post
    I live for hedonistic experience, I think, albeit in a very inefficient way. To this end I want to develop my applied rationality skills. There's a particular aesthetic, emotion, excitement, that strikes me every now and again, and I feel like I spend my life chasing it, one moment to the next, without knowing exactly what it is, but hoping every day to get closer to capturing it. Maybe it's just the chase that's satisfying, and the fleeting feeling itself is more or less a MacGuffin.

Anyway, I feel most fulfilled when I'm working on a big project. A creative endeavour, or some vision for improving the world to my liking. I want to discover what I can feel and what I can do, before I die. Something like that.
    Sounds like you're embracing Se. I definitely identify with you to an extent but do you have an end goal in mind? I find just experiencing things depressing.

Same here. What are your favorite kind of projects?
    I really like cats and food.

Sounds like you're embracing Se. I definitely identify with you to an extent but do you have an end goal in mind? I find just experiencing things depressing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post

I guess, in crude terms, I just want to know that I've enjoyed myself as much as possible. I don't mean that I want to try anything and everything; I mean that whatever I do, I want to enjoy the experience of it, whether it's going for a solitary walk or a meaningful artistic collaboration. I want to feel like I enjoyed everything I was capable of enjoying, or at least got as much satisfaction out of living as possible, which is why I put so much value on being more analytical than I already am.

My favourite projects tend to be novel-planning or TV show-plotting. Thinking up a big story, all the characters and dynamics involved, and playing around with them. I tend to get sucked into those the most. Otherwise it's perfecting my school assignments, or planning out big hypothetical ideas, like starting an innovative business or political/philosophical movement, or learning a new hobby or theory like rap rhythm or screenwriting or applied rationality. In these projects I don't tend to work out the details so much but get caught up in painting the big sweeping picture and then examining it. Typical.

I suppose it's my hope that one of these big ideas will really grab me one day, and maybe by my 30s I'll be actively working on something concrete and really big.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

I guess, in crude terms, I just want to know that I've enjoyed myself as much as possible. I don't mean that I want to try anything and everything; I mean that whatever I do, I want to enjoy the experience of it, whether it's going for a solitary walk or a meaningful artistic collaboration. I want to feel like I enjoyed everything I was capable of enjoying, or at least got as much satisfaction out of living as possible, which is why I put so much value on being more analytical than I already am.

My favourite projects tend to be novel-planning or TV show-plotting. Thinking up a big story, all the characters and dynamics involved, and playing around with them. I tend to get sucked into those the most. Otherwise it's perfecting my school assignments, or planning out big hypothetical ideas, like starting an innovative business or political/philosophical movement, or learning a new hobby or theory like rap rhythm or screenwriting or applied rationality. In these projects I don't tend to work out the details so much but get caught up in painting the big sweeping picture and then examining it. Typical.

I suppose it's my hope that one of these big ideas will really grab me one day, and maybe by my 30s I'll be actively working on something concrete and really big.
    That makes sense.

I definitely understand what you're saying. Big ideas are the most inspiring.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7x8 sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I sometimes feign depth, but I really live for fun. I can't imagine living for any other reason. I'm unlikely to do anything meaningful with my life. Meaning is wholly relative to an individual. After all, nothing matters, right? Hm. I quite like to ponder things, but when it comes down to it, I can't rationalize the concept of significance or any of that nonsense. It's just fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblebum View Post
    I sometimes feign depth, but I really live for fun. I can't imagine living for any other reason. I'm unlikely to do anything meaningful with my life. Meaning is wholly relative to an individual. After all, nothing matters, right? Hm. I quite like to ponder things, but when it comes down to it, I can't rationalize the concept of significance or any of that nonsense. It's just fun to think about.
    How? Interesting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe

That's a very good question...
    I actually live from my (sudden) interests.
    E.G.: I just learnt about the Myer-Briggs typology and it perks my interest, so I joined a forum. I don't know how long I'll last though, I think my interest will fade after a while. So I'll probably dissapear after 4 months or so.
    I also live for my ideal future. I want to be a scientist, be it a geo-person or a bio-person (I don't care), and live a very interesting life. With of course a husband who loves me for who I am, despite my sudden interest-bursts.

That's about it.
    That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet~~ Shakespeare W.
    Pi is the number of my life, forever and ending.
    Reading is like meeting a new world, or even better: the world that is supposed to be.

Phlegmatic
    5w6 (60%) OR 7w6(40%) (I get both quite a lot on tests) Chakra: Root, Throat, Third Eye, Crown (open) - Rest (closed)
    Trifix: 5w6, 1w2, 3w2.
    INTP: I(87,5%)N(74%)T(91%)P(56%)
    Ti - Ne
    ENFP/J's