User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    That sounds like fun, what specifically do you do?
    If i told you you d have to hire me for a ridiculously high salary.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Society

It's a vague question, though I'm curious, what drives you in life?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Maslow's bs.
    It goes against basic evolutionary facts.
    also it assumes a more linear progression of development than is in fact apparent in real life.

I mean for pete's sake, even Erikson had been corrected on this decades ago. Maslow's is easy to swallow marketing, as a logical construct it is poorly correlated with real life past the 1st level of physiological needs. the 2nd level starts getting askew, the 3rd is utter bullshit, and the 2 others dont make that much sense if seen linearly, esp. in our fast changing society, with lesser job security, multiple locations and jobs etc.

Maslow's a dinosaur using simplified 2d logic, get on the page.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Maslow's bs.
    It goes against basic evolutionary facts.
    also it assumes a more linear progression of development than is in fact apparent in real life.

I mean for pete's sake, even Erikson had been corrected on this decades ago. Get on the page. Maslow's is easy to swallow marketing, as a logical construct it is poorly correlated with real life past the 1st level of physiological needs.
    True, and yet none of that contradict the fact almost any answer you'll get to that question fits with one or more items from that list, usually some combination of self-actualization and self esteem, in some cases family/belonging as well. In the context of this question, it makes for a good - useful - if badly shaped list.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

@Mane, the elements aren't bad, but the system itself is borderline stupid nowadays. If all that was needed to build a sky scrapper was the building material I'd build 2 a week with my own too hands dude.

It could be acceptable as a simple, easily marketable model (and it has been successful in that aspect), but as a basis for serious understanding of human nature and leveraging of it, in a vacuum its ok, but nothing is in a vacuum and compared to other systems it's not just dated, it's rubbish.

to give you a ready answer, googled that, seems more realistic than maslow and take a non purely consecutive linear approach to the problem as maslow did. Some comments to be made however as this one doesn't take into account memetic/cultural evolution (though its correlated with bio, ofc)

... In theory.

If i told you you d have to hire me for a ridiculously high salary.
    I see

@Mane, the elements aren't bad, but the system itself is borderline stupid nowadays. If all that was needed to build a sky scrapper was the building material I'd build 2 a week with my own too hands dude.

It could be acceptable as a simple, easily marketable model (and it has been successful in that aspect), but as a basis for serious understanding of human nature and leveraging of it, in a vacuum its ok, but nothing is in a vacuum and compared to other systems it's not just dated, it's rubbish.

to give you a ready answer, googled that, seems more realistic than maslow and take a non purely consecutive linear approach to the problem as maslow did. Some comments to be made however as this one doesn't take into account memetic/cultural evolution (though its correlated with bio, ofc)

Interesting

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Interesting
    Yet self evident. To give a quick preview of a more comprehensive system, add memetic/cultural evolution. Picture ideas and how we spread them as a mix of status and mate acquisition to parenting. Basically going from the self's ability to generated added value to self and others and touching on the (ideally ) exponential spread (but not necessarily reaching it).

edit:
    These memes are part ego based part cultural based, the culture itself is fitting in a larger pyramid replicating the same structure as the personal one. Basically. So just as kids will go through all the phases, ideas will as well climb up there, within culture and individuals.

A proper model would in fact be a zoom up on a section of a fractal, depending on the resolution you need for the analysis. Uh no, a combination of fractal geometries and venn diagrams. to account for differential spread rates. mmhh. That'd take me days to figure out mathematically frankly.

it also hints at why kids are so influencable. (affiliation over self esteem)

anyway. working on something else now.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I interpret the pyramid of needs differently, namely: each person has a preference towards the six "development scales", could be - if you want - interpreted as a weighting factor.

However, since some of those "needs" are basic to our survival, the weights will not be multiplied by constant factors, but rather by factors which are directly proportional to the placement in the "scale" of needs: if I place a weight of 0.20 on safety and 0.40 on self-actualization, it will be filtered as, say, 0.35 on safety and 0.30 on self-actualization.

Perhaps that's what EcK is referring to.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I interpret the pyramid of needs differently, namely: each person has a preference towards the six "development scales", could be - if you want - interpreted as a weighting factor.

However, since some of those "needs" are basic to our survival, the weights will not be multiplied by constant factors, but rather by factors which are directly proportional to the placement in the "scale" of needs: if I place a weight of 0.20 on safety and 0.40 on self-actualization, it will be filtered as, say, 0.35 on safety and 0.30 on self-actualization.

Perhaps that's what EcK is referring to.
    *reads*
    it's one aspect yes.
    interesting quasi architectural approach though, very Te, actually ; P. The lower levels taking the weight as the ziggurath growths. I like it.

I was thinking in terms of abstract structures and correlations in the Ti way. Then , fractals, and venn diagrams, structures within structures in a 3 level memetic(in)/phenotypical(out)/societal(both & multiple units) codependency

... In theory.