First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

So everyone believes his/her type is the most artistic. *clapping

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    what percentage of INTJs do you think has a strive for making art? how about the percentages or other NTs?
    I don't know. Do you? Also do you know the percentage of INTPs strive for making art?

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    also:

i dont see any NTJs, but i do see NTPs :/
    Has the article's accuracy been tested? (I didn't follow the link and read it.)

If 'no' is the answer, you could consider the above (the inquiry on the accuracy) as a rhetorical question.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I don't know. Do you? Also do you know the percentage of INTPs strive for making art?

Has the article's accuracy been tested? (I didn't follow the link and read it.)

If 'no' is the answer, you could consider the above (the inquiry on the accuracy) as a rhetorical question.
    all INTPs whom i have information about whether they make art or not, do make art and are more or less passionate about it. for INTJs it seems to be very rare and even the ones that i do know make art, are not that much into it, but naturally there are ones that are very into it, just none under my radar.

that article is based on testing art students, so i guess it comes down to the reliability of the MBTI test itself.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

ENTP

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I misread the thread title.

Thought it said Most autistic NT.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Assuming there's a correct answer, either INTJ or ENTP.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

INTJ - can do original works of art

ENTP - can make ingenious ideas/inventions

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

When I was in design school it was heavy on xxFPs. And I can see where artist stereotypes come from after that experience. FP is pretty much the artistic temperament, whether it's the flamboyant ExFP or moody IxFP. After that is probably the Ni-dom who adds to the picture of the artistic personality.

The FP I came across the least was ENFP, but I imagine they might be drawn more to performing art or writing. There were some INFJs, and probably just as many as the INFPs, but the heavy Fi presence made it seem like there weren't as many FJs. More ENFJs than ESFJs too.

After FPs, I saw a fair amount of Ni-dom & Se-dom. Of the NTs, the most common seemed to be INTJ, but we're talking visual art. INTJs seemed visual, but also technical. There was always a lack of story or anything personal/human, I noticed. They liked computer 3D modeling & stuff like that.

ENTPs seem to like to compose things & perform, which is why I find them more likely to be musicians than visual artists. In school, they seemed to like video/film editing. There's a draw to rhythm & pattern & creative sequence, I think. Outside of school, I still know more ENTP musicians than visual artists. Same goes for INTP; they seem more inclined to music & writing. I didn't encounter any INTPs in school, but I've known one who's a photog. "Observation" seems an INTP take on art. Wouldn't be surprised if they are drawn to film and photography over painting or drawing or design. I know some xNTP inventor types too, but I don't know anyone who'd call it art, although certainly requiring creativity & skill.

The notable lack of SJs produced a very strange environment. I imagine some xSFJs might be drawn to fashion or interior decorating or art history though. I had an art history teacher I thought was an idiot, and I think she was ISFJ. No one could stand her. The poor woman was so out of place in a Fi world. I'm surprised there weren't more ISTJs, but the lack of ESTJ is not surprising. I know creative ESTJs, but they're more "crafty" than "artsy". I didn't come across any ISTPs either, although some ESTPs. The ESTPs seemed really focused on being...commercial. Again, lack of story, lack of personal touch. The STs really banded together too.

Of course, this is just my personal experience & observation, but it falls too neatly in line with the theories. Non of it surprises me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ???

True Artists must be motivated internally, not externally. They must be an introvert because Artists are generally melancholic and lovers of loneliness.

To create means to expand and to imagine dominated by your introverted judging function. Since you have to expand and imagine you must have a divergent perceving function i.e. extroverted intuition or extroverted sensing. Now being intuitive is better than being sensing and being feeling is better than being thinking for a person who wants to be an artist. Though INFJ s have introverted perceiving function, they can write because they feel attached with this universe for that INF trait. Generally they are very good at writing.

So, choices are INFP, INTP, ISFP, INFJ

The order is INFP>INFJ>INTP>ISFP provided INTP has developed his Fi well otherwise he or she will be a science fiction writer or something of that kind. INTJ s can write but they are comfortable in writing articles or essays because they seek meaning.

John Keats, Homer, William Blake, Virginia Woolf all are INFPs. Tolstoy, Tagore, Eliot are INFJs. Kafka, Edgar Allan Poe, Huxley are INTP s

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sourav View Post
    True Artists must be motivated internally, not externally. They must be an introvert because Artists are generally melancholic and lovers of loneliness.

To create means to expand and to imagine dominated by your introverted judging function. Since you have to expand and imagine you must have a divergent perceving function i.e. extroverted intuition or extroverted sensing. Now being intuitive is better than being sensing and being feeling is better than being thinking for a person who wants to be an artist. Though INFJ s have introverted perceiving function, they can write because they feel attached with this universe for that INF trait. Generally they are very good at writing.

So, choices are INFP, INTP, ISFP, INFJ

The order is INFP>INFJ>INTP>ISFP provided INTP has developed his Fi well otherwise he or she will be a science fiction writer or something of that kind. INTJ s can write but they are comfortable in writing articles or essays because they seek meaning.

John Keats, Homer, William Blake, Virginia Woolf all are INFPs. Tolstoy, Tagore, Eliot are INFJs. Kafka, Edgar Allan Poe, Huxley are INTP s
    i dont agree with this at all
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read