User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

  1. #21
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
    It depends on your secondary personality type
    I suppose this revolves around a sub-theory that I'm not acquainted with.

  2. #22
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Well, what is art?

    I'd break it down into 2 big components. First, the feeling. Art is created through a personal feeling that resembles what psychologists call flow. You're in the moment, engaged, and you feel calm but sharp. The second component is being able to translate that feeling into some kind of medium (words, images, sounds) which takes subskills like (1) vision--being able to imagine something beautiful (2) technical skills--being able to create what you envision.

    Analysis
    1. Who feels the feeling more? I think it's a toss-up and probably something that's type-independent. You're free to argue.
    2. Who's better at visioning? I would say that's the job of Ne, so the ENTPs are strongest.
    3. Who's better, technically? Probably the Js, no xNTJs have the advantage.

    Now it comes down to how to weigh the different factors. Do we judge artists based on their work? Their popularity (which is market-sensitive)? or something else?

  3. #23
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NTzilla View Post
    NTJs may have something great inside them, but it appears to be rarely expressed.
    Consider the sampling.

    We don't like sharing with idiots.

  4. #24
    Junior Member NTzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    eNTP
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Consider the sampling.

    We don't like sharing with idiots.
    I wouldn't consider NTJs to be cowards. Perhaps I am wrong? Easier to bluster than produce?

  5. #25
    Junior Member NTzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    eNTP
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Because you say so?

    I could equally say "But in practice, Ni users dominate Ne users. Ti is just too rigid to produce great artwork".
    Observation. Mostly INTJ forum vs. INTP forum.

  6. #26
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    I haven't seen any ENTJ artist out there yet. Art is FP (INFJ as well). But there is a bunch of ENTPs in that business.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
    It depends on your secondary personality type
    Interesting. Mine would be INFP if I got you right.
    I call myself very artistic. I'm good at drawing, making music, writing, acting and stuff.

  7. #27
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    ENTP/INTP>INTJ>ENTJ

    I think NTPs tend to be amongst the most artsy of all types and NTJs amongst the least artsy of all types
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #28
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    I am going to be the funkill by pointing out the type who is more dedicated to 'it' should be the best at it. However,

    I would assume that P doms should be the best at it, irrespective of whether it is Introverted or Extroverted. (Therefore INTJ/ENTP > ENTJ/INTP.)

    ENTPs have an advantage since Ne could be induced. Their creativity is based on Ne and it could be induced. Add to it they are more in touch with the external environment.

    At the same time INTJs have an advantage since Ni is directed inside. Therefore they would be spending more time on creativity (if they are focused on it/desires it) than extroverts would, inside their heads. They also are more focused than ENTPs are (Te).

    So we have ENTPs (induced talent which is easily accessed) Vs INTJ (much charted inner talent and focus).

  9. #29
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I am going to be the funkill by pointing out the type who is more dedicated to 'it' should be the best at it. However,

    I would assume that P doms should be the best at it, irrespective of whether it is Introverted or Extroverted. (Therefore INTJ/ENTP > ENTJ/INTP.)

    ENTPs have an advantage since Ne could be induced. Their creativity is based on Ne and it could be induced. Add to it they are more in touch with the external environment.

    At the same time INTJs have an advantage since Ni is directed inside. Therefore they would be spending more time on creativity (if they are focused on it/desires it) than extroverts would, inside their heads. They also are more focused than ENTPs are (Te).

    So we have ENTPs (induced talent which is easily accessed) Vs INTJ (much charted inner talent and focus).
    what percentage of INTJs do you think has a strive for making art? how about the percentages or other NTs?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #30
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    also:

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.artschool.com/myersbriggs-type-of-assessment-for-art-disciplines-26344.aspx
    Below are some of the personality types with the strongest predilection toward art careers.


    ISFP (Introverted Sensing Feeling Perception) Those who fall into the ISFP category are called “The Artists.” ISFPs generally possess an extremely well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty and tend to be original and unconventional. When an ISFP gives free reign to his or her natural abilities, they may find a talented artist within. In addition to visual art careers, possible career paths for the ISFP include musician, composer, and designer.


    ESFP (Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perception) Another MBTI personality type with a strong tendency toward an art-related career path is the ESFP. Because the ESFP has a strongly developed aesthetic appreciation for objects, this personality type may be suited to a career as an artist, fashion designer, interior designer, or photographer.


    INFJ (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judgment) This very rare personality type is artistic, creative, easily inspired, and lives in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Possible career paths for the INFJ include artist, musician and photographer.


    ISFJ (Introverted Sensing Feeling Judgment) The ISFJ personality type possesses an excellent sense of space and function combined with an awareness of aesthetic quality. These traits give ISFJs special abilities in more practical artistic endeavors like interior decorating and fashion design.


    ENTP (Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Judgment) Creative and ingenious, the ENTP personality type does well in professions that provide a lot of personal freedom to use their imagination in problem-solving and generating new ideas. Possible art careers for the ENTP include photographer, marketing personnel, and computer programmer.


    INTP (Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perception) The INTP personality type is an insightful, creative thinker with exceptional logical and rational reasoning skills. Computer animation and photography are both appropriate art careers for this personality type, also categorized as “The Thinkers.”
    i dont see any NTJs, but i do see NTPs :/
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. Most manipulative NT type
    By Danali in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11-14-2014, 06:17 PM
  2. [NT] The most Rich NT type?
    By Sinshred in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 06:12 PM
  3. [NT] Most Confusing NT in the World??
    By idkman24 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  4. [NT] NTs the most effective liars?
    By MetalWounds in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
  5. [NT] NT - most brutal
    By sakuraba in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO