User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 35

  1. #11
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Rather than looking how it works when we try to solve puzzles, one of the difference is also in lifestyle.

    As Ti is like a big frame that continues to grow, it is absolutely imperative we store information in that frame as truthfully as possible. If we become half-assed and start to assume certain things without giving them any thought, that big frame we've built for ourselves is going to crumble. Every detail, every angle is going to be important to a Ti user.

    A Te user is much more capable of ignoring relatively unimportant angles and details. Something a Ti user could not possibly do, even though the value of said relatively unimportant angles and details may prove insignificant in what needs to be achieved. They still need to be considered.


    Question (and this is not a loaded question, even though it may appear so - I am really trying to understand):

    Following on @entropie's post, would you say that Ti is like he said, "Its more like puzzling information together leaving blank holes in between which fill over time and form the big picture in the end," whereas Te might be "taking the puzzle pieces and fitting them together"?

    I'm trying to make a vague mental image for myself so I can understand....

    You know what I believe? I believe a Ti user would never fully be able to explain how Ti works. That is just what Ti is.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #12
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    *feels left out*

  3. #13
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I've always been confused about Ti. What exactly is Ti precise about and why? What is its purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    What is its purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    purpose
    that question is exactly what you are getting wrong

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    priority:
    Ti & Te both seek in resolve cognitive dissonance in general.
    (Fi & Fe both seek to resolve emotional dissonance in particular).

    core difference:
    Ti (and Fe) reflects upon information to explore the outside.
    Te (and Fi) super imposes information to express the inside.

    temperament difference:
    Te (like Fe) manifests as an information mapping mechanism, stressed by chaotic stimuli
    -> Te (like Fe) pays more attention to the most cohesive information structure (Si or Ni).
    Ti (like Fi) manifests as an information navigating mechanism, seeking maximum stimuli.
    -> Ti (like Fi) pays more attention to the most stimulating information structure (Ne or Se).

    beyond that, the differences between Ti and Te start to get fuzzy, because they become highly contextual. while the different approaches can demand developing different cognitive skills and intellectual habits, they are in the end of the day serving a similar purpose in a similar realm - relieving cognitive dissonance - making sense of reality.

    for example:
    - someone making a plan of action (Te) will gain experience in questioning the relevance of facts
    - someone seeking to explore a theory (Ti) will gain experience in questioning the validity of facts.
    but unavoidably, many plans of actions will depend on theories, and the act of fact checking will require a plan of action, both Ti and Te users will fall into situations where they will have to do both, and develop the skills and intellectual habits to support both. life simply isn't narrow enough to fit into anyone's preference.
    really good explanation, thanks.

    I've heard that people with Te tend to think best while in motion (pace frequently, solve problems best on paper, etc.), while the opposite is true for those who use Ti. I know it seems like a pretty simplistic differentiation, but it applies to almost everyone I can think of off the top of my head. What do you think?

  5. #15
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,375
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  6. #16
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    really good explanation, thanks.

    I've heard that people with Te tend to think best while in motion (pace frequently, solve problems best on paper, etc.), while the opposite is true for those who use Ti. I know it seems like a pretty simplistic differentiation, but it applies to almost everyone I can think of off the top of my head. What do you think?
    i don't think that's the case, i can say for myself that i tend towards pacing around quite a bit, and there has being a thread about xxTPs thinking out loud that alluded that other xxTPs do the same (thinking out laud while walking down the street, doing groceries, etc).

  7. #17
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    priority:
    Ti & Te both seek in resolve cognitive dissonance in general.
    (Fi & Fe both seek to resolve emotional dissonance in particular).

    core difference:
    Ti (and Fe) reflects upon information to explore the outside.
    Te (and Fi) super imposes information to express the inside.

    temperament difference:
    Te (like Fe) manifests as an information mapping mechanism, stressed by chaotic stimuli
    -> Te (like Fe) pays more attention to the most cohesive information structure (Si or Ni).
    Ti (like Fi) manifests as an information navigating mechanism, seeking maximum stimuli.
    -> Ti (like Fi) pays more attention to the most stimulating information structure (Ne or Se).

    beyond that, the differences between Ti and Te start to get fuzzy, because they become highly contextual. while the different approaches can demand developing different cognitive skills and intellectual habits, they are in the end of the day serving a similar purpose in a similar realm - relieving cognitive dissonance - making sense of reality.

    for example:
    - someone making a plan of action (Te) will gain experience in questioning the relevance of facts
    - someone seeking to explore a theory (Ti) will gain experience in questioning the validity of facts.
    but unavoidably, many plans of actions will depend on theories, and the act of fact checking will require a plan of action, both Ti and Te users will fall into situations where they will have to do both, and develop the skills and intellectual habits to support both. life simply isn't narrow enough to fit into anyone's preference.
    This is a really good description!

  8. #18
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    *feels left out*
    are you kidding? i've seen your Ti in action, this discussion needs you.

  9. #19
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    *feels left out*
    True, the title should be xxTPs...... or if you have to narrow it down, IxTPs.


    I'd say Ti is pretty much about finding a fit for everything in your universe. Te, in contrast is about finding a fit for everything in the universe (more messy, subjective matters are irrelevant). and Fi is also sort of fitting everything in your universe, but is equipped to deal with more matters of opinion than that of technicality.

    Te is like figuring out whether a platypus is a mammal or a bird, Ti is more like "what really is this thing we call a platypus anyway?"

  10. #20
    Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Ti is effective for driving a point home, but only when the crowd cares to listen. Ti used without effective Ne is a wasted round.


    Ever heard that ISTPs debate for hours? That's why.

Similar Threads

  1. [Ne] xNTPs, how do you tell your own kind from an xSTP?
    By Ribonuke in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 09:19 AM
  2. [ENFJ] how do I fix it:(? (esp for ENFJ + INFP, but any reply welcome!)
    By bearette in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
  3. Anxiety: How Do I Abate It?
    By Mempy in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
  4. Does percentage change how much you use the functions?
    By lazyhappy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO