• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why do xNTP's think out loud?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I know that I constantly think out loud and my INTP brother does as well. Is it an xNTP thing to think out loud?

W

WALMART

But, I'm a 6w7 or 7w6? I'm not an ego type.

It was a joke. To give my real opinion, I'd say it has to do with the branchyness of Ne+Si. I don't think users know where their thoughts are going until they get there.

My mother is EXFJ and only recently broke the habit of thinking out loud. She was always muttering something, growing up.

Last edited:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It was a joke. To give my real opinion, I'd say it has to do with the branchyness of Ne+Si. I don't think users know where there thoughts are going until they get there.

My mother is EXFJ and only recently broke the habit of thinking out loud. She was always muttering something, growing up.

Interesting. I've done it my whole life. I will literally walk down the street thinking out loud and people with think that I'm nuts, lmao. I'm trying to find a way to stop.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not particularly......

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont, but i do think by "speaking" in my mind and speaking out loud what i think slows me down, because in my thinking i replace many large concepts, places, moments etc with "this and that" all the time and skip words at times, because i dont have to explain them to me, but if i were to talk to others, i would have to explain..

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do other types do this too? I do all the time. I could produce theories as to why, but they would depend on the types that do it.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Do other types do this too? I do all the time. I could produce theories as to why, but they would depend on the types that do it.

I'm trying to figure out the types that do it. That's the point of this thread.

A

Anew Leaf

It was a joke. To give my real opinion, I'd say it has to do with the branchyness of Ne+Si. I don't think users know where there thoughts are going until they get there.

I think this is a good observation. I talk aloud when I am in a very Ne kind of state of mind. Super serious Fi mode = super serious silence.

My dad is iNTP and he talks to himself when he's trying to figure out a problem and it's giving him a hard time. He also likes to drive me insane by "walking me through" things and talking through ALL the steps... when I know the gist of what is going on and don't particularly desire to hear this much information.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to a lot in my younger days, but not so much with age. I think it was for some sort of validation of my thoughts.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think out loud- meaning I'm either talking it out, or writing it out.

It helps me make sense of what's in my head- organize my thoughts- all that.

I can have the problem clearly figured out in my mind, and a solution as well, but all of the parts in between are usually murky until I either talk or write it out.

That's why I prefer face to face meetings over emails/chats- the more senses involved the better the outcome.

Last edited:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think out loud. If I said my thoughts out loud no one would be my friend. :<

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On rare occasions I've thought out loud. But mostly I don't.

When I do, it is usually because there's someone nearby who might have something valuable to add to my thoughts.

It's like, I can't really be bothered to begin a discussion, but I'll put it out there anyway.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do this when I am muddling my way through a step-by-step problem. Sometimes I do it to unravel my thoughts about other things. I do it in the shower, too...*mutter, mutter, mutter...curse*.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think out loud. If I said my thoughts out loud no one would be my friend. :<

I'll literally start dreaming up things in my head and imagining different futuristic scenarios and ideas. Then, I'll sometimes voice them aloud. This is a big problem for me because people will literally think that I'm some type of schitzo when they see me doing this, while I'm walking down the street.