User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 53

  1. #41
    Member Folderol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Does this include "thinking" on paper? I do not think about loud, I don't even really think in words or images in my mind. I think in a kind of vague idea based way I think, like instinctual. A good example I can give of it is if you did something super embarassing and everybody saw, but you didn't want to cause an even bigger scene, you would be like "Keep calm!", like try to act like it's not a big deal and you can easily brush it off. You may think "Keep calm" vocally in your mind, but it comes so instantly you don't need to actively think about saying it. Nobody consciously thinks about saying "ow" when they are injured, it just comes out!

    If you can answer this question, I'll post my thoughts here, otherwise I'll start a whole other topic.

  2. #42
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    Seems clear to me that its a Ti think. Back when I used to test more INTP I would do it pretty often.
    lol, so what, you think you changed your type?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Because their mind is hell, and as such, they need to scream it all out just to withstand the ultra-extreme agony!

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    Seems clear to me that its a Ti think. Back when I used to test more INTP I would do it pretty often.
    It's funny that you say this for I think it's quite the opposite. In my experience, ETJs are the most prone to thinking out loud, which I suppose also extends to ITJs. It makes a lot of sense because Te is a function which organizes the external world and often thinks sequentially in a step-by-step manner. One could see the benefit of verbalizing their thoughts, especially in order to organize their subjective perceptions (Pi), which may not be entirely formulated, particularly for NTJs. I actually think ITPs would be the least likely to think out loud because they are more internally organized than J's and utilize their own sujbective systems and understanding. Verbalizing their thoughts would probably be seen as redundant. It would be like asking yourself a question to which you already know the answer to. Although Ti is my auxiliary, I find this to be often the case for myself, where I will be thinking (inner monologue) and not finish a chain of thought because I already know what my conclusion is.

    In regards to Ne users thinking out loud, I think a plausible explanation for why that may be is due to Ne being a Pe function, where Ne is likely triggered by the user's external surroundings (correct me if I'm wrong). Unlike Ni, which is more likely to ruminate on their own subjective perception while halting the intake of information from the outside world and operating independently, Ne does the opposite and receives more and more information. For this reason, Ne users may benefit from verbalizing their thoughts in order not to "lose" those ideas triggered by current external stimuli before more stimuli "overrides" those thoughts, per se. Of course I have no idea if any of this makes sense at all but there's my two cents.

  5. #45
    Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Yeah i totally agree wth what you said now even though i just brushed through what you said. Ive since realized that im an eNTP, so the rambling out loud thing makes sense with the Ne.

  6. #46
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Ne.

    PEACE i'm outta here.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  7. #47
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Ne.

    PEACE i'm outta here.
    Ne is correct
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  8. #48
    Senior Member autumnandtherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I know that I constantly think out loud and my INTP brother does as well. Is it an xNTP thing to think out loud?
    I'm not positive, but I'm inclined to say yes. My mother is an INTP and my brother is an ENTP and they both do that.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I know that I constantly think out loud and my INTP brother does as well. Is it an xNTP thing to think out loud?
    LOL, my dad does this. I've heard him responding to people in his brain while sitting on the toilet and stuff (he's ENTP). I've learned the art of talking to the walls, mainly because I have no one else to talk to, and I have to process externally. I am also ENTP.

    I dunno why INTPs would do that though.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Why is it that the xNTPs get to be called the "Deep-Thinkers"?

    I want to call myself the 3rd most mentally intense Earthling ever, but when shall that Happen?

    The Great One should have praise and worship given to Him bu us All!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Thinking out loud: Introverts do it too, don't they?
    By Ribonuke in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 09:27 AM
  3. why do when we think we believe
    By Coco in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO