• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why do xNTP's think out loud?

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
Does this include "thinking" on paper? I do not think about loud, I don't even really think in words or images in my mind. I think in a kind of vague idea based way I think, like instinctual. A good example I can give of it is if you did something super embarassing and everybody saw, but you didn't want to cause an even bigger scene, you would be like "Keep calm!", like try to act like it's not a big deal and you can easily brush it off. You may think "Keep calm" vocally in your mind, but it comes so instantly you don't need to actively think about saying it. Nobody consciously thinks about saying "ow" when they are injured, it just comes out!

If you can answer this question, I'll post my thoughts here, otherwise I'll start a whole other topic.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:devil: Because their mind is hell, and as such, they need to scream it all out just to withstand the ultra-extreme agony! :horror:

Ultraviolence

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Seems clear to me that its a Ti think. Back when I used to test more INTP I would do it pretty often.

It's funny that you say this for I think it's quite the opposite. In my experience, ETJs are the most prone to thinking out loud, which I suppose also extends to ITJs. It makes a lot of sense because Te is a function which organizes the external world and often thinks sequentially in a step-by-step manner. One could see the benefit of verbalizing their thoughts, especially in order to organize their subjective perceptions (Pi), which may not be entirely formulated, particularly for NTJs. I actually think ITPs would be the least likely to think out loud because they are more internally organized than J's and utilize their own sujbective systems and understanding. Verbalizing their thoughts would probably be seen as redundant. It would be like asking yourself a question to which you already know the answer to. Although Ti is my auxiliary, I find this to be often the case for myself, where I will be thinking (inner monologue) and not finish a chain of thought because I already know what my conclusion is.

In regards to Ne users thinking out loud, I think a plausible explanation for why that may be is due to Ne being a Pe function, where Ne is likely triggered by the user's external surroundings (correct me if I'm wrong). Unlike Ni, which is more likely to ruminate on their own subjective perception while halting the intake of information from the outside world and operating independently, Ne does the opposite and receives more and more information. For this reason, Ne users may benefit from verbalizing their thoughts in order not to "lose" those ideas triggered by current external stimuli before more stimuli "overrides" those thoughts, per se. Of course I have no idea if any of this makes sense at all but there's my two cents.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Yeah i totally agree wth what you said now even though i just brushed through what you said. Ive since realized that im an eNTP, so the rambling out loud thing makes sense with the Ne.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne.

PEACE i'm outta here.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know that I constantly think out loud and my INTP brother does as well. Is it an xNTP thing to think out loud?

I'm not positive, but I'm inclined to say yes. My mother is an INTP and my brother is an ENTP and they both do that.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know that I constantly think out loud and my INTP brother does as well. Is it an xNTP thing to think out loud?

LOL, my dad does this. I've heard him responding to people in his brain while sitting on the toilet and stuff (he's ENTP). I've learned the art of talking to the walls, mainly because I have no one else to talk to, and I have to process externally. I am also ENTP.

I dunno why INTPs would do that though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is it that the xNTPs get to be called the "Deep-Thinkers"?

I want to call myself the 3rd most mentally intense Earthling ever, but when shall that Happen?

The Great One should have praise and worship given to Him bu us All!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not positive, but I'm inclined to say yes. My mother is an INTP and my brother is an ENTP and they both do that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is an NTP thing.

LOL, my dad does this. I've heard him responding to people in his brain while sitting on the toilet and stuff (he's ENTP). I've learned the art of talking to the walls, mainly because I have no one else to talk to, and I have to process externally. I am also ENTP.

I dunno why INTPs would do that though.

Well it's like I can see full-scenarios in my head before they happen, and it's like I experience the whole situation in my mind before it even happens. So once something really happens, it's like, yeah I already saw of this go down already.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is an NTP thing.

Well it's like I can see full-scenarios in my head before they happen, and it's like I experience the whole situation in my mind before it even happens. So once something really happens, it's like, yeah I already saw of this go down already.

My brother also sings or repeats movie dialogue to himself when no one is around (while doing dishes or other chores, usually). Not sure if that's an NTP thing as well or not.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
My brother also sings or repeats movie dialogue to himself when no one is around (while doing dishes or other chores, usually). Not sure if that's an NTP thing as well or not.

Sometimes I imagine being the character and imagine experiencing what they experienced. Sometimes I will do things like this as well.