• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am I an ENTP or ENFP?

HeraldofHope

MBTI Type
ENxP
I pretend to be more emotional than reality, I am nosy and collect secret informations about people, while pretending I really care and want to help them. I would use these dirts to get what I want and the people who want to fight head to head with me will not get into a fist or verbal fights, but I will use the info I know and turn the whole world against them.

In normal conversations, I try to learn as much as possible from them not because I care but that person is useful for me in some way... that's why I talk to him/her in the first place. I tend to start conversations with the things I know they like or who they want to hear about, then I ask them personal questions and jot those down mentally, knowing they would be valuable later in the future.

Am I an Entp or enfp?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Definitly F - Type. F's like the challenge with other people and try to be the best.

T- Types like themselves the most :)

HeraldofHope

MBTI Type
ENxP
I don't know if I'm an F or a T

I score T more often

I do have narcissist behavior... again, I act really nice and innocent and humble to people but inside I know, or 'think' I'm better than them. But don't show it because:

A) that person is valuable for the time being
B) that person is more 'powerful' and must be tamed

ENFP suppose to be genuinely like people, but to me, not really...

I only break down and get really sad probably 3 days a year, but I'm the "walking on sunshine" type of person. I don't take things very personally. I just give those people a friendly look and a soft smile, or say "okay" and be quite, or laugh at that joke sarcastically, or laugh at myself if it's true, or give them witty remarks back. I react differently to each group of people. SJ's are workers and I must engage into leadership mode to take charge of them. NF's are easy to control because I express emotions to them. SP's are mindless so I give them a weird/disgusting topic and they are hooked to me. NT's probably the hardest type to control 'cause some of them can see through my guile, to them, I act real nice and innocent and 'air-head'. Then I pretend I care about them A LOT more and they start to open up to me.Usually I'm quite an attention whore and the more insults throw at me the better.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was enfp, entj, istp, I was everything.

If you are not sure that entp or enfp could be the answer, do following. Read all the posts you get here to your question, and the one that bothers you the most, that pisses you off the most that what it says, you are not.

This will not be the ultimate answer, there is no ultimate answer. But it will get you in the feeling of who you propably are.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I pretend to be more emotional than reality, I am nosy and collect secret informations about people, while pretending I really care and want to help them. I would use these dirts to get what I want and the people who want to fight head to head with me will not get into a fist or verbal fights, but I will use the info I know and turn the whole world against them.

In normal conversations, I try to learn as much as possible from them not because I care but that person is useful for me in some way... that's why I talk to him/her in the first place. I tend to start conversations with the things I know they like or who they want to hear about, then I ask them personal questions and jot those down mentally, knowing they would be valuable later in the future.

Am I an Entp or enfp?

I don't know if I'm an F or a T

I score T more often

I do have narcissist behavior... again, I act really nice and innocent and humble to people but inside I know, or 'think' I'm better than them. But don't show it because:

A) that person is valuable for the time being
B) that person is more 'powerful' and must be tamed

ENFP suppose to be genuinely like people, but to me, not really...

I only break down and get really sad probably 3 days a year, but I'm the "walking on sunshine" type of person. I don't take things very personally. I just give those people a friendly look and a soft smile, or say "okay" and be quite, or laugh at that joke sarcastically, or laugh at myself if it's true, or give them witty remarks back. I react differently to each group of people. SJ's are workers and I must engage into leadership mode to take charge of them. NF's are easy to control because I express emotions to them. SP's are mindless so I give them a weird/disgusting topic and they are hooked to me. NT's probably the hardest type to control 'cause some of them can see through my guile, to them, I act real nice and innocent and 'air-head'. Then I pretend I care about them A LOT more and they start to open up to me.Usually I'm quite an attention whore and the more insults throw at me the better.

if only you were as much of a genius at reading yourself as you are at reading others.

maybe it'll work better if you approach it from a different angle. one you're more comfortable with. try looking at needing to know this as something you want from you.

perhaps that'll kick those skills into high gear and crack this nut.

T

ThatGirl

This is my first post so please don't get too offended.

Sounds sort of SP to me?

Or rather what I have known from personal interaction with SPs along with their temperment discriptions.

I could be wrong.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree with ThatGirl... you're a total ESTP...

I, as an ENTP, generally am so focused on my own thinking and issues that besting other people is a secondary/tertiary priority. You totally revel in competition, in manipulating people... not that ENTPs can't be good at that... it's just that it seems to define you to manipulate people, whereas ENTPs work more in their own heads, testing the world and testing their own arguments with people. For you it's not a test but life itself.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Let me add that I'm relatively new to the typing business, so I could be thoroughly wrong... I must also say that I wish I could meet more people like you, genuine bastards (don't get insulted... you know it's true)... I have a lot of fun with two ESTP friends... we'll sit around a table and just rib each other, no holds barred... playing word games, even poking at each others' personal traumas... but it's a very controlled environment... I wouldn't do it with just anybody...

NoMoreFun

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm guessing ESTP, too. If your really an ENTP or ENFP, you're seriously corrupted. No offence :)

Try taking an online test, and focus your answers on what you normally do, NOT how you see yourself or how you appear in a work related situation.

zaclor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Judging from your posts, I think you are a ENTP.
With strong S and F drifts.
My bet is your a drama-queen as well.
Have a nice day!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hehe, if you think so you are definitly ENTP :) .
---
There are different approaches to the problem ENTP or ENFP. For there are 4 different functions, you are most likely to meet them in different strength in people in this forum.

If you read about the temperaments NT and NF on the wikipedia i.e., you will get a first answer. For there are major differences between NF and NT. It says for example that NF search for identity. That was one point I am still thinking about. My best answer I have so far is that ENFP search for identity, but ENTP want identity. What would make between ENFP and ENTP the difference in Introverted (Fi) and Extroverted Feeling (Fe), I guess.

As an ENTP your two Extroverted Functions are Intuition and Feeling. If those two are the ones you have develop thus far, you are most likely to get the answer of you being an SP-Type, cause that is what you really are.

In this forum people come to get insight into matters and themselves, this kind of thing is an Introverted thing. So to score ENTP with other posters, you have to show off more of your introverted thinking skills, cause they are being expected at this point.

I myself came up with a simple procedure to test if you are ENTP or ENFP (I tried to pass this along to you already, but I guess my english lacks precision :)):

if you are completly sure, that you are ENxP, then the only thing missing is the x. To figure it out, if anything in the answers of people really pisses you off and gives you that kind of feeling when everything seems to be circling and you dont know where to go too, if you feel badly misunderstood, if you blame it on your skills with language in advance and if you are in the mood when you get the feeling that all of the world just had stopped in that blink of an eye, where you havent watched and then moved on with a speed you cant match, you are definitly ENTP.

I have come to understand that ENFP have a general system in which they work with people, while ENTP are strongly prone to their impulses. Some ENTP in this forum try to focus on their thinking side, cause they have a past without it. You cant blame them for this kind of approach.

On this site by the way, you get a really good impression of the difference between Fe and Fi, what would make the difference between ENTP and ENFP.
Extraverted Thinking

Check it out.

One thing at last. It does not matter, who you could be, it matters who you are and that is most influenced by who you think you are. Every person out there gives you one little detail of your own system and one hundred not. Cause every person out there has their own needs and Point of Views of things. And they will never touch a hundred percent what youare feeling right now, cause they cant.

HeraldofHope

MBTI Type
ENxP
lol

I think conflicts are perfectly normal in relationships. Even I enjoy them sometimes, well, at least when I'm the one causing it to other people. lol

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wise eNTp do not cause something to people

That is a prerogative of the youth