User Tag List

MBTI
    intx

Default I am struggling to get involved here

I was hoping to benefit from the diversity but I am not finding many subjects that I find interesting.

I have poked around a good bit and hit the new post link two dozen times.

My interest is insights into why differing type interactions go off the rails and commonalities versus individualities amongst a given type.

A little bummed. With the utmost respect to what is obviously thriving for others, I have much better luck elsewhere.

Any other INTJs frustrated here?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

A more productive approach might have been to, you know, start a thread on the subject(s) you wished to discuss. Nonetheless, I respect your decision to opt to bitch and moan instead.

ETA: Feel free to change that x in your MBTI type to a P at any time.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    I was hoping to benefit from the diversity but I am not finding many subjects that I find interesting.

My interest is insights into why differing type interactions go off the rails and commonalities versus individualities amongst a given type.

A little bummed. With the utmost respect to what is obviously thriving for others, I have much better luck elsewhere.

I think some of this is accomplished by looking at how different types handle the other uninteresting topics. For instance @speed garoveche, @Coriolis and @UniqueMixture approach subjects differently. I think observing the interactions between members could give you some of the insight your looking for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't know what "off the rails" means.

There have been many discussions of commonalities versus individualities - often in the type threads for each individual type within the temperament forum groupings. Just because there's not a discussion going on now doesn't mean there hasn't been in the past or won't be again. We're interested too, but perhaps it's just not on the forum's mind at the moment. Necro an old thread, or start your own.

And welcome to the forum.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Just curious, this is a kind of oral-passive, to use Freudian concepts, approach to the forum, ie the expectation that your needs, expectations or desires should be met as a matter of course by others without effort from you yourself, are you sure that's a good approach to an online forum?

If you find that here I'm betting that you're going to find that anyplace, why dont you post a couple of threads about the topics which interest you and see if anyone else is interested aswell and can contribute to a discussion or debate?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Interest increases with increased exposure. Perhaps the gulf between your experience and that of the people on this forum is too great for there to be effective communication between them. Experience is gestalt and over time that which is survivable will be incorporated into unitary being.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I figure the frustrated INTJs just went to INTJforum. There's a ton of INTJness there to spare.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I figure the frustrated INTJs just went to INTJforum. There's a ton of INTJness there to spare.
    Are those forums owned and operated by Haight too?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Are those forums owned and operated by Haight too?
    No, he just owns typoc and intpc (plus SpinThatDreidelForAmorousAccountants.Com, but that isn't really a type site).
    Last edited by Bellflower; 11-23-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I think some of this is accomplished by looking at how different types handle the other uninteresting topics. For instance @speed garoveche, @Coriolis and @UniqueMixture approach subjects differently. I think observing the interactions between members could give you some of the insight your looking for.
    If I find a topic uninteresting, I generally ignore it. Works wonders.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...