User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Do ENTP's feel the need to use objective facts when arguing?

Okay, so using facts when arguing seems to be much more of a Te thing. However, I've noticed that ENFP's with strong Te do it as well. What I'm wondering is "do ENTP's use objective facts while arguing as well"? It seems like a great way to prove a point, so I commonly use objective facts while arguing, so I'm wondering if I may be a mistyped ENFP with strong Te?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

intps can go quite deep down the rabbit hole with objective facts as well when arguing.
    I dont think that you can define your whole type differently via that single thing.

I always have the impression that I am objective when arguing, but the problem is objectivism lies always in the eye of the beholder and doesnt really exist per se. I tho do know what you mean and how its frustrating for Ne users to talk to argue with Te users. Its not even so that we would want to argue but some Te users seem to always think it's there way or the highway and since that is so, arguing is inevitable. For an Ne user the independence of thought is more important and an arguement is thrilling because of how much abstract thought someone put into it and not because its an unbedanble fact (let alone the fact that all facts are bendable, even this one).

The distinction whether you are an entp or enfp is no easy one, tho there are people who may see that differently. For a primary Ne its not so easy and since we can imagine everything to be, its easy for us to tell ourselves something that might not be the objective truth.

I think if you dont go vertigo if you see glitter or unicorns its a good first indicator for your pness being ent
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    intps can go quite deep down the rabbit hole with objective facts as well when arguing.
    I dont think that you can define your whole type differently via that single thing.

I always have the impression that I am objective when arguing, but the problem is objectivism lies always in the eye of the beholder and doesnt really exist per se. I tho do know what you mean and how its frustrating for Ne users to talk to argue with Te users. Its not even so that we would want to argue but some Te users seem to always think it's there way or the highway and since that is so, arguing is inevitable. For an Ne user the independence of thought is more important and an arguement is thrilling because of how much abstract thought someone put into it and not because its an unbedanble fact (let alone the fact that all facts are bendable, even this one).

The distinction whether you are an entp or enfp is no easy one, tho there are people who may see that differently. For a primary Ne its not so easy and since we can imagine everything to be, its easy for us to tell ourselves something that might not be the objective truth.

I think if you dont go vertigo if you see glitter or unicorns its a good first indicator for your pness being ent
    People constantly associate the usage of objective facts with Te users. However, I first pick up things with my intuition then I look for materials to back up my opinions. For God's sake, I can't just use nothing to back up my opinions and go pure Ne with it, or no one will understand what the fuck I'm talking about. Also, what's very ENTP about me is that I often analyze the hell out of "so called" objective facts, and decide by myself if these facts even make sense. I really have my own brand of logic, and this seems much more like Ti to me.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think everyone does that and how well educated you are has more to do with it than type. Any type who doesent know what he is talking about wont be using objective facts as an argument, simply because they dont know about them. And any type who knows these objective facts, will see that its a good idea to use them as evidence to support your opinion in argument.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Okay, so using facts when arguing seems to be much more of a Te thing. However, I've noticed that ENFP's with strong Te do it as well. What I'm wondering is "do ENTP's use objective facts while arguing as well"? It seems like a great way to prove a point, so I commonly use objective facts while arguing, so I'm wondering if I may be a mistyped ENFP with strong Te?
    Arguments consist of premises and logical structure. You can't have a good argument without both. Ti provides the logical structure and Te the truth of the premises (objective facts). While anyone can produce good arguments, the type distribution goes something like the following:
    Fe-Ti: mainly focuses on objective facts about human (animate) relations, uses logical arguments to back it up
    Fi-Te: mainly focuses on rational argument concerning human (animate) feeling, uses objective facts to back it up
    Te-Fi: mainly focuses on objective facts about nonhuman (inanimate) organization, uses personal feeling to back it up
    Ti-Fe: mainly focuses on rational arguments about nonhuman (inanimate) ideas, uses human relations to back it up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Arguments consist of premises and logical structure. You can't have a good argument without both. Ti provides the logical structure and Te the truth of the premises (objective facts). While anyone can produce good arguments, the type distribution goes something like the following:
    Fe-Ti: mainly focuses on objective facts about human (animate) relations, uses logical arguments to back it up
    Fi-Te: mainly focuses on rational argument concerning human (animate) feeling, uses objective facts to back it up
    Te-Fi: mainly focuses on objective facts about nonhuman (inanimate) organization, uses personal feeling to back it up
    Ti-Fe: mainly focuses on rational arguments about nonhuman (inanimate) ideas, uses human relations to back it up.
    Where did you recieve this information?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I believe this to be greenfairy's tertiary Ti construct.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I believe this to be greenfairy's tertiary Ti construct.
    Yep.

Objective argument vs. objective fact. That sounds... Odd. Can I get an example of one and the other...?

MBTI
    xxTP

I have to admit I didn't understand it either.

Reality is the only truth - Aristotle.